Could Mr. Toad's Wild Ride ever come back...?

jbeachboy

I know it may be a dumb idea, but why don't they take the Great Movie Ride, and remake it with the best scenes from the "lost" WDW attractions? I know "aliens" and "Singin' in the Rain" is cool, but new AA's with Mr. Toad, 20K Leagues, etc...no buildings torn down, right near TSL, It could be reimagined for all the "retro" fans!

i doubt the retro fans would care for this or want it done like this, im sure they would the ride they missed the way it was.

Smiley/OCD

is great movie ride closing or changing at all?
There has been rumors that it may close, but that not the point...an attraction LIKE TGMR can be transformed into a retro attraction ride that would help satisfy all the fans os attractions gone by...and I would venture to guess that the lines would be twice as long then are there now.

jbeachboy

There has been rumors that it may close, but that not the point...an attraction LIKE TGMR can be transformed into a retro attraction ride that would help satisfy all the fans os attractions gone by...and I would venture to guess that the lines would be twice as long then are there now.

that ride is a classic to tranform into a retro attraction. i dont see how a retro ride can satisfy people who miss old rides.

Smiley/OCD

your better off watching youtube video if you want to relive that ride. usually people get sick of rides over time and prefer a new ride.

Then what was the point of this whole thread??? If you've been on this website for a while, you would see that MANY people are fans of the old rides...why do you think CoP is still in tomorrowland? I understand your point 100%...you wouldn't be interested....but that's YOU. People who are on here repeatedly are clamoring for a piece of yesteryear and DON'T want to see it on YouTube....THEY are the guests that this attraction could attract. Contrary to popular belief, the world, doesn't revolve exclusively around the new things...some people LIKE the retro....some people PREFER a '68 Mustang to a 2016 model...if you're not into it, that's FINE, but that's your opinion...I was just offering a potental solution to the guests that STILL want a piece of the good 'ol days.

jbeachboy

Then what was the point of this whole thread??? If you've been on this website for a while, you would see that MANY people are fans of the old rides...why do you think CoP is still in tomorrowland? I understand your point 100%...you wouldn't be interested....but that's YOU. People who are on here repeatedly are clamoring for a piece of yesteryear and DON'T want to see it on YouTube....THEY are the guests that this attraction could attract. Contrary to popular belief, the world, doesn't revolve exclusively around the new things...some people LIKE the retro....some people PREFER a '68 Mustang to a 2016 model...if you're not into it, that's FINE, but that's your opinion...I was just offering a potental solution to the guests that STILL want a piece of the good 'ol days.

did you even read what i wrote, i said showing a clip of that ride would not be too fulfilling in my opinion of reliving an old ride.

Smiley/OCD

did you even read what i wrote, i said showing a clip of that ride would not be too fulfilling in my opinion of reliving an old ride.
Yeah, I read it and I'm done debating this point which I know won't ever be considered...that's yours, and this was mine and it is what it is...we can agree to disagree.

JohnD

Now I have never been on the original Mr Toad dark ride (I wasn't alive back then) but have heard from many people that it is one of the greatest Disney dark rides ever and that they want it back. Here are some good reasons why they should bring it back someday:

- It would be very cheap to build. Just a Fantasyland show building and some cardboard cutouts.
- It is very popular in Anaheim.
- WDW's 50th is coming in a few years, and it was one of the original rides. Maybe they could bring it back on October 1st 2021.

What do you guys think? Will the classic wild romp through places like towns, farms and Hell ever come back, or will it stay dead?

No

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom