Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatMouse

There are over 3010 pages in this forum, buried in there are links to various vaccine proof systems being worked on. Clear which already has a bio identity system that verifies that the person is who they say they are and other data, has a health pass system they are in trial with. Forum members have linked some info about these systems, but to make it easier to find some here is a more recent CNBC article:
Right and I wish I could register my proof of vaccine and use contact tracing, but we will unfortunately never have this in Florida.

Children are in the database for vaccinations, because that is controlled by the Florida Department of Education. That's a department that has more political might than the governor. It has no chance of losing funding. Most other state agencies just do what the governor says. Go back into the office even though the infection rates are higher than when we were in lock-down? Yes sir! Or risk getting fired.

ABQ

Actually, the more I think about this, it cannot be a true statement. The vaccines do not give 100% protection, so some people will still get sick and thus be carrying the virus.
Exactly right. See page 42 of the FDA's https://www.fda.gov/media/144245/download briefing document on the Pfizer vaccine and they site near 40% of the people in the study, the vax side, not Placebo side, of the 3,400+ who came down with the virus. Apparently these were "not recorded as adverse events unless they met regulatory criteria for seriousness"

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
There are now three large scale, reputable studies -- the CDC, the Mayo Clinic, and the Israeli study -- that all validate that people who are vaccinated do not carry the virus. The vaccine does not just prevent symptoms, it prevents transmission. Every single piece of data that has been collected supports that. And the CDC director has now confirmed that publicly.

There is no reason for a fully vaccinated person to be wearing a mask, socially distancing, or practicing any other mitigation measures. None. There is zero benefit. This is not anti-science, it is not Covid denial, it is not some Trump MAGA conspiracy garbage, it is what the scientific evidence has shown us -- not once, but in repeated studies.

If you want people to get vaccinated, and get vaccinated quickly, the single most effective messaging you could implement would be a wide scale campaign of "get vaccinated and go back to normal." That's it. That will get shots in arms more effectively than any other message you could send, bar none. This is what the government needs to be saying at all levels immediately.
YES

oceanbreeze77

Here is an interesting tidbit. Lack of sleep after being vaccinated seems to lower the antibody response to the vaccine (Which is not what you want). So after getting vaccinated avoid sleep deprivation for a time.

One caveat from the studies (and is stated in the article):
All I did was sleep after my vaccine due to side effects, mainly fatigue. I'm probably super woman now. 😜

BrianLo

There are now three large scale, reputable studies -- the CDC, the Mayo Clinic, and the Israeli study -- that all validate that people who are vaccinated do not carry the virus. The vaccine does not just prevent symptoms, it prevents transmission. Every single piece of data that has been collected supports that. And the CDC director has now confirmed that publicly.

There is no reason for a fully vaccinated person to be wearing a mask, socially distancing, or practicing any other mitigation measures. None. There is zero benefit. This is not anti-science, it is not Covid denial, it is not some Trump MAGA conspiracy garbage, it is what the scientific evidence has shown us -- not once, but in repeated studies.

If you want people to get vaccinated, and get vaccinated quickly, the single most effective messaging you could implement would be a wide scale campaign of "get vaccinated and go back to normal." That's it. That will get shots in arms more effectively than any other message you could send, bar none. This is what the government needs to be saying at all levels immediately.

Public Health needs and equality are the remaining reasons. It’s not fair to deny someone a vaccine and let others have additional “rewards” from a population level. Once everyone has the opportunity, I absolutely do support you.

I am literally part of the 1% in Canada with a full vaccine series. I do not feel that privilege also affords me freedom from public health measures at this time. Not because the science does not support it, but public health policy is more about the whole than an individual.

I will just again reiterate if you are lucky enough to have the vaccine, for the moment, be grateful. That’s your reward, but don’t rub it in others faces by not following the rules. Restriction lifting will come soon enough for everyone else.

Dan Deesnee

How many of the 574,000 deaths were actually motorcyle accidents? And were every other country also fudging their death certificates?

View attachment 543686

Doesn't match up with this:

Not sure what that chart from your link is actually showing. It's designed to look like deaths are up 40-50% year over year which is just ridiculous. But not surprised since 2020 was a banner year for hyperbole.

Dan Deesnee

Falsifying a death certificate is a felony in every state in the US. Period... full stop. No doctor is going to knowingly falsify a death certificate for any reason that does not benefit him directly. (hopefully never, but definitely not for the hospital's financial gain). The doctor would lose their license and likely their freedom (jail), as well as waste all of the money that they spent going to medical school.

There may be a few incidents where mistakes have been made, maybe even a singular doctor who falsified... but as others have said, they are a very rare exception. You don't need to show me an example... you need to show me a large pile of examples.

Never said they falsified, it was just listed because they tested positive.

Tom P.

I am about to bang my head against a brick wall over the number of people here who do not want to see restrictions relaxed unless there is 100% protection, zero cases, or some other absolute. Folks, that is unattainable. It will never happen. There will always be a chance you may catch Covid. There will always be a chance you might even die from it. Eliminating that risk is not the point. Getting the risk to a manageable, acceptable level is.

The data shows that once you are vaccinated, the risk of catching, spreading, or having serious complications from Covid drops to virtually zero. No, not absolutely zero. Yes, there's still a slight chance you could get sick or spread it. Yes, there's a slight chance a variant might pop up that beats the vaccine. But it is the closest you can possibly get to complete protection.

Again, my opinion is that if you want vaccines in arms, you have to tell people that they can get vaccinated and then drop the restrictions. Nothing else is going to sell it on the scale we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom