Conveyor installation and earth moving

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
No way I'd work from inside that booth. Did they really bother to put a bumper on the front?

Happens at least 2-3 times a year up here, Gypsy trucker on stimulants just never even sees the tolls and slams right on through few years ago we had a really bad one on 93 with multiple casualties.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, Nov. 19. To complement photos posted by @roj2323 on the previous page: The "feeder hopper" is now attached to the conveyor on the west side of World Drive. The covered conveyor now continues east over the main Hollywood Studios entrance and then continues further east as an open conveyor. Below photo looks west of World Drive.

IMG_8748.JPG

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
No, but I wanted to quote back something like, "these violent delights have violent ends" and was afraid that would sound strange if you weren't making a Westworld reference.

Lol arround here if it is GOT, Star Wars, or WW someone will get the reference lol

roj2323

Original Poster
Drove by this Wednesday. Still no conveyor belt. I suspect it might be a another few weeks as they are taking their time waiting on another new temporary bridge to be installed on the far end of the conveyor over the canal.

mm121

Drove by this Wednesday. Still no conveyor belt. I suspect it might be a another few weeks as they are taking their time waiting on another new temporary bridge to be installed on the far end of the conveyor over the canal.
at least it doesnt seem like this is delay holding things up much, as TSL is moving forward and most of this dirt is primarily for the parking lot project

has there been any updates on the new entrance/ ramps at victory way and osceola? some dirt is surely needed for that

danlb_2000

Premium Member
at least it doesnt seem like this is delay holding things up much, as TSL is moving forward and most of this dirt is primarily for the parking lot project

has there been any updates on the new entrance/ ramps at victory way and osceola? some dirt is surely needed for that

Work has started on the Victory/Osceola interchange (see the other thread), which also involves part of the new entrance road. There is still a chunk of the entrance road that they have not filed a permit for yet. I assume there will eventually be another permit for the entrance road, new toll plaza and parking re-configuration.

roj2323

Original Poster
The conveyor belt has been installed! It doesn't look like they have turned it on yet (still clean and no roller marks) but they are really close and I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't start moving dirt in the next few days. Also in an interesting turn of events they have also brought in a mobil conveyor on the DHS end which is easily visible on the drive into the park. I'm not sure if they are going to use it to load trucks but if I had to guess that's more than likely what they are going to be doing with it.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The conveyor belt has been installed! It doesn't look like they have turned it on yet (still clean and no roller marks) but they are really close and I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't start moving dirt in the next few days. Also in an interesting turn of events they have also brought in a mobil conveyor on the DHS end which is easily visible on the drive into the park. I'm not sure if they are going to use it to load trucks but if I had to guess that's more than likely what they are going to be doing with it.

Thanks for the update, I assumed that they already had it up and running.

roj2323

Original Poster
hows the dirt moving going? is the mountain on the west side of world drive getting smaller?

It's actually gotten larger but they are using the conveyor. They seem to have piled up all the Black dirt and are using the conveyor to transport all the subsurface dirt (sand / clay / rock) to DHS for the parking lot project. This subsurface dirt is more of a sand color.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom