Conveyor installation and earth moving

roj2323

Original Poster
all photos by https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct

Screen Shot 2016-10-15 at 10.58.02 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-10-15 at 10.58.21 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-10-15 at 10.58.50 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-10-15 at 10.59.12 PM.png

That pile of dirt is what this conveyor is for.

Screen Shot 2016-10-15 at 10.59.50 PM.png

New construction access is now paved! This should speed things up construction wise. The green tower is for the conveyor.

HauntedMansionFLA

From Bioreconstruct

18h18 hours ago
bioreconstruct ‏@bioreconstruct
New service bridge over World Drive. At left is NB ramp from Osceola Pwy. This ramp goes away as interchange becomes full cloverleaf.

18h18 hours ago
West and East sides of new DHS area service bridge. East end seen 3rd pic at left.

18h18 hours ago
New service bridge over World Drive. Seems to be to connect backstage DHS with new DHS fireworks launch area.

18h18 hours ago
Current look at Star Wars land. 2nd photo from Aug 28, arrow points to new construction access bridge also seen 1st photo.

mm121

The new storm water retention pond for DHS..

View attachment 172286

interesting that they've already started allowing the pond to fill with water

and strange that it looks already a quarter or so of the way done before the convey is done,

what'd they do with all the "dirt" cant tell from the aerials

wish i knew a good new site for updated aerials ever since nearmap went stupid

EdC

I'm not sure the direction that the creek there flows, they may have finished a portion of it early to provide some quick overflow protection while they fill in the swamp to the south of the park. All the dirt from it appears to be in one BIG pile with several smaller ones at the very south. They have some sift/sorting equipment on site.

Nearmap put everything behind a paywall because it's likely difficult to separate users like us from business users. While I'd be happy to pay something for some updated maps every now and then, I don't have near the coin to pay what they're asking.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
At what point does a pond become a lake???
When there is a house on it you are trying to sell.;)

So why don't they just use this?

I have a limited amount of experience with products like that and the short version is they are garbage from a structural standpoint. Every installation I have seen would indicate that they simply do not deal with the wear and tear of even moderate parking lot traffic with out breaking apart. A parking lot made permeable concrete would turn to gravel and dust inside of a few months at WDW.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
interesting that they've already started allowing the pond to fill with water

and strange that it looks already a quarter or so of the way done before the convey is done,

Looks like at lease some is piled here which puts it close to where the conveyor is.

upload_2016-10-31_9-46-57.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom