Contemporary or Beach Club?

s&k'smom

Looooove both resorts. If the majority of your time will be at MK go contemporary! We were there Nov 2015 and being able to walk back to our room was amazing. Even my teenagers agreed how great it was.

Elizabeth Brwon

Not trying to be rude at all but this thread is from 2013. Hopefully the OP has already been able to make a decision. :D
That is why I stated to ANY guests considering the Two in the reply.
Above is a good topic that applies to a number of people and future viewer's Interest.
I never discovered any content stating you are disallowed from replying to an older question.
Not trying to be rude.

Last edited:

JusticeDisney

The idea that the monorail is viewed as some kind of alluring attraction is hilarious to me. Maybe for about 2 seconds it's cool. Then you feel like you are on any old subway/train car. Ride the monorail if you want, but don't base where you are going to stay on it.

Anyway, just my opinion.

jlsHouston

Hello J&G Mom,
I would certainly give more thought and due credit to the Beach Club Resort!
My Family and I have been guests at an array of Deluxe Resorts and fly from Michigan
every year to vacation Disney for a week plus. I can tell you First hand the Monorail hype in relation to your kids is
partially a misconception. My children certainly were never debauched with the Monorail transportation
and actually seemed indifferent to it. (Since the age of One.)You can also visit the hotel and ride the monorail to the Parks if you are that propelled
to use that transportation. Remember you eventually have to get on a bus at One point in time to reach some Park or venue
depending on your plans. In Interest of Children both Resorts feature Character Dining. Moreover, If your kid's are solely the determining
factor for your Resort Choice then Royal Rooms or Pirate Rooms at Moderate Resorts would be pretty befitting.
In addition the BC Sand bottom pool is a staple of Disney Resorts having the largest waterslide
could be a no - brainer. So to any guest considering the Two in compare and Contrast, if you would rather stay at the BCR I think you would really enjoy it.
LOL she probably did her trip 4 years ago

jlsHouston

Above is a good topic that applies to a number of people and future viewer's Interest.
I never discovered any content stating you are disallowed from replying to an older question.
Not trying to be rude.
LOLOL

durangojim

Not trying to be rude.
Testy testy. People can search on their own but please feel free to reply to the years old threads about Exepdition Everest opening. Make sure to warn people to ride it soon before the Yeti breaks.

thomas998

The idea that the monorail is viewed as some kind of alluring attraction is hilarious to me. Maybe for about 2 seconds it's cool. Then you feel like you are on any old subway/train car. Ride the monorail if you want, but don't base where you are going to stay on it.

Anyway, just my opinion.

Even if it were a subway it would be a step up from the bus and boat options you would have in getting from MK to your resort, especially when you have small kids. We used to justify monorail resort solely for that reason... thankfully our kids are now old enough we don't have to pay the high prices for ease of transportation but don't knock it until you've had to deal with strollers on the buses and boats.

rob0519

Doh! Seriously. Maybe any thread that has not had any activity in say a year, maybe even 6 months should be locked. Any information can still be retrieved and viewed by using search.

Elizabeth Brwon

LOL she probably did her trip 4 years ago
As in "She".. Are you referring to me or the lady with the question? Who the heck says lol,testy and zombies? People need a dictionary.
What a Joke...I travel every year to Disney and either Cancun or Italy as well.
I always blow out Disney and my Family and I always buy photopass. I have tons of photos
from my traveling portfolios. I understand the resentment and accusations( It does not surprise me and I do not blame you.) however,
Acting unstable attacking a stranger online for solely simply answering One question in a courteous manner is
*Ridiculous and sad.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
As in "She".. Are you referring to me or the lady with the question? Who the heck says lol,testy and zombies? People need a dictionary.
I always blow out Disney and my Family and I always buy photopass. I have tons of photos
from my traveling portfolios. I understand the resentment and accusations( It does not surprise me and I do not blame you.) however,
Acting unstable attacking a stranger online for solely simply answering One question in a courteous manner is
*Ridiculous and sad.
If you must know, I had a great, four sentence reply all typed in and then noticed the original post was in 2013. I felt ridiculous and sad, and fairly put out at my useless effort. Hence, my edited response that I had been sucked in by a zombie thread.

If you're not familiar with the term, it refers to a thread that has been dead for quite some time but has been resurrected from the grave...

I actually use that term quite a bit.

durangojim

*Ridiculous and sad.
Seems like you may have some issues as there is no resentment or accusations and no one has been attacking you. We simply brought up the fact that the thread is years old. If you would like to enlighten readers here on your experiences at the resorts why not just make a new post about it instead of bringing up an old one? Makes little sense. It's unfortunate you felt attacked by my original post but it was not made with malice it was simply pointing out that it was comical to address someone who asked a question 4 years ago. Either way I have nothing more to add to this and wish you happiness with your future Disney experiences.

JusticeDisney

Even if it were a subway it would be a step up from the bus and boat options you would have in getting from MK to your resort, especially when you have small kids. We used to justify monorail resort solely for that reason... thankfully our kids are now old enough we don't have to pay the high prices for ease of transportation but don't knock it until you've had to deal with strollers on the buses and boats.
Ummmm, I have dealt with small kids and strollers and all that. Was no problem at all riding the bus to and from Magic Kingdom.

thomas998

Ummmm, I have dealt with small kids and strollers and all that. Was no problem at all riding the bus to and from Magic Kingdom.
It's all a matter of perspective... but if you ride a bus you have to tear down the stroller to get on and you have a much longer trip which is a pain if your just going back to the hotel for a short break, or going back after a very long day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom