Contemporary or Beach Club?

J&Gmom

Original Poster
My husband and two kids (3 and 5) are going the last week in August and can not make up our minds between the standard view at the Beach Club or the bay view at the Contemporary. HELP PLEASE!! All opinions welcomed

HouCuseChickie

Ok, i'm one of those people who just really likes the Contemporary :) but it's also super convenient if you wind up in MK a lot or dine a lot along the monorail loop. Beyond that, Epcot is very convenient by monorail as well. Mind you, it's not International Gateway from Beach Club convenient, but that convenience wasn't as attractive to me in the early morning ... when you're trekking from over there to Future World. Yes, it's a nice walk but it came with some fuss from the kids. Still, both are great choices and Beach Club is just a quick boat ride to DHS.

Skibum1970

I am also going, sorry

Glad that you're going as well as I'm thinking that you would be very jealous of the rest of your family.

I would also recommend Bay Lake. You can walk to the MK or use the monorail. You can also use the monorail to look around at other resorts or use the boat transportation as well. I love the central location and the fact that two monorail rides get you over to EPCOT. DHS isn't big on my park list and thus the Beach Club doesn't hold a lot of interest for me. MK is our favorite park and thus its proximity to the Contemporary is a huge plus.

ParentsOf4

Given the age of your children (3 and 5), you likely will spend most of your time at the Magic Kingdom. Furthermore, they likely will be wowed by the Monorail. (If you can get a reservation, be sure to book breakfast at Chef Mickey at the Contemporary.)

The Beach Club has a better swimming pool for young children (Stormalong Bay - suggest you search the Internet for photos) and is a convenient walk or boat ride to Epcot and DHS. However, I suspect you won't spend more than 1 day at each of these, possibly even less at DHS. The Boardwalk, across Crescent Lake from the Beach Club, is a lot of fun but I think it's more fun for adults and older children. Similarly, at the Beach Club you'll be close to Epcot's World Showcase which is the most grown-up land within the theme parks.

My instinct tells me you and your DH will enjoy the Beach Club more while the children will enjoy the Contemporary more. At that age, the kids won't know any better so it really comes down to how important is the convenience of being very close to the Magic Kingdom.

luv

Are you asking just about the views or all about the hotels?

The water view at the Contemporary is very pretty. I much prefer it to Theme Park view.

Standard view at Beach Club could be okay, but could be the parking lot, which is no fun at all.

NeedMoreMickey

I love the BC and it's the only place we have stayed in our last 6 trips but if I had small kids I think I would stay at the Contemporary. Like others have said close to MK and this is nice for afternoon naps or a quick dip in the pool. If you are planning to book most of your ADRs in Epcot than either resort will be nice.

DianeW

Ooooh, tough one! But in the end...I would go with Bay Lake. I really do love it there, and with little kids, you can't beat the convenience.

However, if you spend a lot of your vacation relaxing by the pool, then the Beach Club wins. Hands down.

So it's really based on how you like to spend your time at Disney, since they are both GREAT resorts. You can't go wrong, no matter which one you choose.

Enjoy your vacation!!

BransonJ

As a kid I've always dreamed of staying at the contemporary just because of the monorail. Now that I'm older I would choose beach club. Like everyone has mentioned it depends on where you will spend more time.

hiptwinmama

I would base it on the length of stay. If you are short on time, than I would say the contemporary because of convenience and because you wouldn't have much time to spend in the amazing pools at Beach Club. But if you have a week or longer Beach Club, hands down. We love the Beach Club and our kids love the pool. That being said, my kids are 7 and that is a big difference from 3 and 5. They will want to spend alot of time at the Magic Kingdom so you would be close to MK at Contemporary.

jmb2676

No kids here so we prefer the Beach Club. As said before it all depends on which park you will spend more time in. If it's MK, the Contemporary is a no brainer. We end almost every day at Epcot so Beach Club makes the most sense for us.

disneyfan1995

It really depends on your vacation style. I've stayed at Beach Club and Bay Lake Tower (next to Contemporary) and both were great. If you frequent the MK a lot or tend to visit the monorail resorts a lot then I recommend Contemporary.
If you're more of a pool person and like to go to Epcot or DHS a lot then I'd say Beach Club.

zurgandfriend

I would love to stay at the Beach Club they have the best pool in WDW and you have the Boardwalk and World Showcase to walk through. That said with 2 small children I would go with the Contemporary, it's on the monorail, you can walk to the Magic Kingdom, it has nice pools and kiddie play area. Some fun restaurants in the general area such as, Chef Mickey's, Ohana, and 1900 Park Fare.

Avenger117

That is a really tough one. Like others have said it really depends if you plan to spend more time in the MK resort area or at Epcot. I like the Beach Club more because of the theme, but on view alone the Baylake view would be better than a standard at Beach Club. A standard might end up just looking out at the parking lot which you can get at any hotel for a lot cheaper.

coachwnh

Im a big fan of the bay view rooms in the tower and the walk to MK, but the walk to Epcot and HS is nice too from BC. It all depends on what parks you think you will send more time at. Both are excellent choices!

J&Gmom

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! We stayed at BLT in 2011, AMAZING!!! My husband just wanted to try a different resort but in the long run we pick the Contemporary. The fact the majority of the things the kids want to see are in the MK it was a no brainer for me but wanted to check. Thanks again!!!!

durangojim

As others have said, it really depends on what you like to do and what your vacations are like. With kids that age, who might still be in a stroller or two, I'd go with the Contemporary due to the convenience of the monorail. If your kids were older or it was just two adults, I'd go BC all the way, which is what my wife and I are doing in 3 days!

Elizabeth Brwon

Hello J&G Mom,
I would certainly give more thought and due credit to the Beach Club Resort!
My Family and I have been guests at an array of Deluxe Resorts and fly from Michigan
every year to vacation Disney for a week plus. I can tell you First hand the Monorail hype in relation to your kids is
partially a misconception. My children certainly were never debauched with the Monorail transportation
and actually seemed indifferent to it. (Since the age of One.)You can also visit the hotel and ride the monorail to the Parks if you are that propelled
to use that transportation. Remember you eventually have to get on a bus at One point in time to reach some Park or venue
depending on your plans. In Interest of Children both Resorts feature Character Dining. Moreover, If your kid's are solely the determining
factor for your Resort Choice then Royal Rooms or Pirate Rooms at Moderate Resorts would be pretty befitting.
In addition the BC Sand bottom pool is a staple of Disney Resorts having the largest waterslide
could be a no - brainer. So to any guest considering the Two in compare and Contrast, if you would rather stay at the BCR I think you would really enjoy it.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom