Completely obsessed with planning has turned into more...

DiSnEyF@n

As I plan for our upcoming trip for February 2016, I can't stop thinking about the endless possibilities. I have become obsessed with looking into rates, ticket prices and all other things Disney on a daily basis. I'm ok with the obsession, but it's making me want to go sooner than February of next year!
Unfortunately we can't financially afford it this year, but the yearning is still there to get my Disney fix right away. ha!

How do you all cope with the need/want to go to Disney especially when you know you're going soon enough? My daughter is a little over a year old, so we watch Disney movies regularly. lol It helps, but not completely.

Moonrayvin

We do Disney crafts (endless possibilities), read Disney books, go to the Disney Store (when possible, closest one is 2 hours from us), I make Mickey pancakes on the weekends (Momma's specialty - Blueberry Chocolate Chip!)... And I did all of this even before I had kids lol (they're 2 1/2 and 5 now). Sometimes when we watch a movie we make a whole themed night out of it. Our most recent was Tangled where I made purple candy popcorn served in a skillet, got all of our Rapunzel dolls around to watch with us and wore princess costumes. I even made them Rapunzel crowns out of foam tiaras and yellow yarn for the hair from the craft store :p

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
We do Disney crafts (endless possibilities), read Disney books, go to the Disney Store (when possible, closest one is 2 hours from us), I make Mickey pancakes on the weekends (Momma's specialty - Blueberry Chocolate Chip!)... And I did all of this even before I had kids lol (they're 2 1/2 and 5 now). Sometimes when we watch a movie we make a whole themed night out of it. Our most recent was Tangled where I made purple candy popcorn served in a skillet, got all of our Rapunzel dolls around to watch with us and wore princess costumes. I even made them Rapunzel crowns out of foam tiaras and yellow yarn for the hair from the craft store :p

This is all really cute and great advice!!!! Thanks! I love the pancake idea the best! Yummy!

Upvote 0

Moonrayvin

They're almost like soft cookies :hungry: I use an old fashioned pancake recipe from allrecipes.com and add 1 cup frozen blueberries and 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips... And They're PURPLE!! Lol :joyfull:

Upvote 0

belledream

We got once a year and it's the longest wait ever! But it takes me about a year to complete our scrapbook from our latest trip, so that keeps me going and lets me peruse through the thousands of pictures that I take that may not always make it to a frame or to Facebook. Good way to retrace our steps that day and relive memories. :)

Other than that, watch Disney movies, dream, visit Disney Stores online and in person, dream some more, read menus of all different restaurants, and just do everything possible to make sure our upcoming trip is the best one yet!

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
We got once a year and it's the longest wait ever! But it takes me about a year to complete our scrapbook from our latest trip, so that keeps me going and lets me peruse through the thousands of pictures that I take that may not always make it to a frame or to Facebook. Good way to retrace our steps that day and relive memories. :)

Other than that, watch Disney movies, dream, visit Disney Stores online and in person, dream some more, read menus of all different restaurants, and just do everything possible to make sure our upcoming trip is the best one yet!
I love the scrapbook idea! I did do a photo album, but maybe this summer I will (take my time) scrapbooking our last trip from 8/14! Great idea! Thanks so much!

Upvote 0

Disney4family

We're obsessed too. We just constantly talk about it - 19 weeks from now we're here, doing this, eating that...We talk strategies, things we definitely want to do again, things we want to do differently, etc. we look at Disney DVDs of all kinds - imagineering, yearly park ones, classic movies, our own trips. We read up on our favorite disney websites like this one. We listen to disney music on www.d-cot.com. Honestly, we're so insanely obsessed everyday that when we're finally on the Mickey bus (DME), it's a very surreal feeling.

Just enjoy the anticipation, do the fun crafts and food goodies that are suggested here and smile as you get a group hug from other Disney fans here who live for the magic!

Upvote 0

zurgandfriend

We’re going in late August. My planning is done, my ADR’s are made and I have a list of everything I’m bringing down to the last safety pin. I will start purchasing new socks, toiletries etc. around Memorial Day and more than likely start packing around the 4th of July, packing and repacking every weekend until we leave.
One year I forgot sandals for the pool and had to purchase a pair in the Boutiki. Every year since then my DW will wait until the airport taxi is pulling into our driveway and say to me “Did you pack your sandals?” I will respond “Yes Dear” and then check my bag to make sure.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sheriffwoody

This thread is making me feel SO GOOD right now because I thought I was abnormally obsessed with Disney planning/researching. I could spend hours reading a complete stranger's trip report. We're going in 172 days, and it feels like an ETERNITY.

This forum has been a good fix for me ;)

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
I'm watching the show on TLC called Walt Disney World Resort Hotels that I have DVRed on my cable box right now. I think I just shedded a tear while reading everyone's responses!! Thanks for the support!!! I love knowing that I'm not the only one and that I'm not crazy. Although my husband loves Disney, he's not as nearly obsessed as I am with it, so this forum is my getaway. I'm loving all the feedback from everyone!! THANKS!

Upvote 0

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
We’re going in late August. My planning is done, my ADR’s are made and I have a list of everything I’m bringing down to the last safety pin. I will start purchasing new socks, toiletries etc. around Memorial Day and more than likely start packing around the 4th of July, packing and repacking every weekend until we leave.
One year I forgot sandals for the pool and had a purchase a pair in the Boutiki. Every year since then my DW will wait until the airport taxi is pulling into our driveway and say to me “Did you pack your sandals?” I will respond “Yes Dear” and then check my bag to make sure.
I love that you start packing almost a month out!!! I remember last year in July I got out our suitcases and started putting stuff in them that I knew I wanted (and didn't need at home) for our trip. I am sure my hubnby thought I was crazy, but he never let on! He's such a trooper ha!

Upvote 0

WDW74

I would LOVE to buy into DVC but it doesn't fit into our budget... YET! lol One day it will happen.

Somewhat off topic...DW did tons of research and talked me,kicking and screaming (very wary of the time share thing) into DVC in 2002 (and I am s'posedly the bigger Disney fanatic), best thing we ever did ! Used for DVC, DCL, Disney Adventures, skiing out west and wknds in NYC. Took some hardcore budgeting over several yrs to pay it off, but to say I don't regret it is an understatement !

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom