Trip Report **COMPLETED** The Tale of Two Trips (finally moving on from the PTR)

Hello everyone!!! I'm sorry for the long delay, but I am finally starting my TR :) I apologize in advance for the insane amount of pictures :) I got a new camera and took over 3000 pictures and videos! If you did not read my PTR I went on two trips in the span of a few weeks...hence the title :) I will split them in two but keep it all in the same thread. Also, I have a lot of last minute residency requirements to navigate through the next few weeks or so so I'm sorry if this takes me forever! Anyway, enough of me rambling - let's begin!

First trip!
Who?

From left to right: Me (Megan), my Mom (Mary), and my sister (Jill)
IMG_2988.JPG

When?
March 11, 2017 - March 18, 2017

Where?
First time staying an entire trip here...the Polynesian!

Why?
I had to take an exam in Kissimmee on the 14th and I got the whole week off from work to go :) My Mom and sister came along for the ride.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 6 continued
DSC_3049_1.jpg

While we waited for a PP picture we watched this cool bird show from afar. We usually only spend a half day in the AK so we must always miss these things
DSC_3051_1.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_7997971765.jpeg

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_7997971767.jpeg

We had an early dinner/late lunch reservation planned so we walked over to Tiffins. We checked in at the podium right at the walkway and we headed into the area to wait. Tarzan was there with literally no wait and my Mom FORCED me to meet him. I had zero interest in seeing him haha
DSC_3057_1.jpg

He said "you look wild today friend" and all I could do was nervous laugh :)
DSC_3059_1.jpg

Soon enough we got the text and we were directed to our seats :) It was pretty quiet in there (well aside from the Nomad lounge...that was pretty packed - and people were sleeping on the couches :p).
We were seated in the room with the Rivers of Light tapestry. Honestly can't remember which gallery it was..maybe the Grand Gallery?
DSC_3061_1.jpg
DSC_3062_1.jpg

DSC_3063_1.jpg

DSC_3065_1.jpg

Next up: Tiffins continued

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 6 continued
Our waitresses name was Laura (from California). She had been been working at Tiffins since it opened. I asked her if she thought things would pick up with Pandora opening and she said for sure. She said the R of L dining package already made things pick up (which is odd since it was still super dead :rolleyes:). I hadn't realized Tiffins was already open for almost a year :joyfull:
DSC_3066_1.jpg

DSC_3067_1.jpg

The menus are so cool looking! They are little little adventure notebooks, but made with fancy leather
DSC_3069_1.jpg

DSC_3071_1.jpg

For drinks my Mom and I both tried Jenn's tattoo - super good!
DSC_3073_1.jpg

Bread course :) The dipping sauce was amazing...cant remember what it was though :)
DSC_3070_1.jpg

Since we were doing the R of L package we got to chose an appetizer, entree and dessert. Laura recommended the octopus and I nearly considered ordering it until I looked up a picture of it and realized it still looked like an octopus :hungover::grumpy:
We aren't super adventurous eaters and we don't like seafood so we played it safe :)
My Mom chose the Apple-Walnut sandwich
DSC_3074_1.jpg

I chose the Selection of Artisanal Cheeses
DSC_3075_1.jpg

I love a good cheese plate and this was no exception!
For entrees my Mom and I both ordered the Wagu Strip Loin and Braised Short Rib
DSC_3076_1.jpg

This was incredible!!!! Like so good that I still talk about it all the time :) It was the first time either of us had chimichurri sauce and that definitely made the dish :)

Next up: Tiffins continued

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 6 continued
Accidentally deleted this post so I guess I will rewrite it :)
For dessert I ordered the South American Chocolate Ganache
This was very rich but super good
DSC_3078_1.jpg

My Mom ordered the Lime Cheesecake
DSC_3079_1.jpg

It was good but I think she liked mine better :)
Overall we really enjoyed our meal at Tiffins, more than I thought we would! I really did not think my Mom would like it since she's a very picky eater and I kept making reservations and canceling them so I'm glad we finally kept one :) We will be back for sure!
Here is my "now I'm obsessed with Tiffins" picture
DSC_3080_1.jpg

I kept thinking about how Jill would really like the drinks here. We will definitely be back next time she comes on a trip !
DSC_3081_1.jpg

We will see you soon enough Pandora :)
DSC_3082_1.jpg

After dinner we walked over towards our first Fast Pass. We walked very slowly to let ourselves digest :)
DSC_3083_1.jpg

Listened to the music and watched the dance party for a few minutes
DSC_3085_1.jpg

Our fist FP was for Dinosaur!
DSC_3088_1.jpg
DSC_3089_1.jpg

Dinosaur was pretty empty. The FP line was the same length as the Stand-by line :)
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_7998148783_1.jpg

Next up: more AK!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 6 continued
We had a FP for Everest after this but I noticed that we had time to see the Finding Nemo Musical before it ended for the day so we headed there. You can see Everest from the line :)
DSC_3093_1.jpg

The line was actually really short...shorter than the FP line actually :)
DSC_3101_1.jpg
DSC_3106_1.jpg

DSC_3108_1.jpg
DSC_3109_1.jpg

We of course enjoyed the show...my Mom said it was too sad though (even though it has a happy ending :p)
After Nemo we headed to Everest
DSC_3120_1.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_7998256159.jpeg

After this we walked over towards Kilimanjaro Safaris :)
I was so excited to try out my long lens for an evening safari. However, this mother daughter duo failed to follow instructions and slid right into our seats leaving the rest of their family behind (and a very confused CM :confused:). Like how do you not realize you were arranged so you could be with the rest of your family :bored:. I suppose at least it wasn't as awkward as @TrolleyFollower91 's Spaceship Earth experience. I was so mad that barely took any pictures :oops:. Plus they were using an iPad to take pictures so that was annoying me more...sorry if you do this :)
In truth, there were not that many animals out anyway :)
DSC_3130_1.jpg

DSC_3134_1.jpg

DSC_3139_1.jpg

Next up: more AK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 6 continued
DSC_3175_1.jpg

DSC_3176_1.jpg

DSC_3177_1.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_7998350592.jpeg

DSC_3181_1.jpg

They were getting everything ready for Rivers of Light!
DSC_3183_1.jpg

However, it was not time to sit down yet so back to Dinoland we went
For some reason we decided to ride TraceraTop Spin
They play weird music on this ride...like oldies instead of Dino themed music which I guess is part of the theme :)
DSC_3187_1.jpg
DSC_3190_1.jpg
DSC_3191_1.jpg

DSC_3193_1.jpg

Next up: more and more

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 6 continued
We somehow ended up back at the dance party. I just love AK at night, the vibe is incredible!
DSC_3197_1.jpg

We finally decided to head to our seats of R of L. We went in around 8:05 pm and there were already a ton of people there (almost an hour early). We did get some popcorn before because you can bring food and drink in! The popcorn was stale...and we just ate a three course meal 5 hours before so we didn't eat too much! Even though it was crowded it was fine - we sat down and chatted with some people and waited for the show. I don't want to give anything away but the pre-show is pretty cool and that entertained us a bit.
DSC_3201_1.jpg

I've heard the FP seats are a bit better and I'm not sure if thats true because I think our seats were fine. The only thing I hated was in the end they squeezed a bunch of stand-by people into our section and it made our view go downhill a bit. It was kind of annoying since we paid for this spot...but oh well. In the moment I said I would never do the dining package again for this reason...but I changed my mind (mainly because the value of getting a three course meal at Tiffins was super good as opposed to ordering all those things a la carte) :)
DSC_3203_!.jpg

DSC_3206_1.jpg

DSC_3214_1.jpg

DSC_3221_1.jpg
DSC_3223_1.jpg

DSC_3229_1.jpg
DSC_3233_1.jpg
DSC_3237_1.jpg

We really liked R of L! I thought the music was good and the concept, while abstract, was really cool :) We will definitely see it again!
We wandered out of AK after this and while we intended on watching Tree of Life Awakenings we figured we would save it for another time :) Back at home we watched HGTV and went off to sleep :)

Next up: last full day

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom