Trip Report **COMPLETED** The "Hey what's your name" and "I want to ride Home Depot" Trip Report

Hey all
We have been back for just about a day now so I figured why not start the Trip Report!
Also, I'm on call this week so its probably going to be a pretty sparse week sorry!

Who?
Also I am feeling lazy so I'm making abbreviations for mostly everyone
Left to right: My Dad (Jeff) - D, my nephew Max - no abbreviation, my sister Betta (her real name is Elizabeth) - B, my Mom (Mary) - M, Me! (Megan) - no abbreviation, my sister Jill - J and my brother-in law Nick - N
IMG_6938.JPG

When?
April 27, 2018 - May 5, 2018 (B and Max from April 29-May 5)

Where?
Port Orleans French Quarter :) Our favorite moderate

Why?
Celebrating my Mom's 5 year cancer free anniversary! (oh, and it was J and N's honeymoon - aka familymoon :joyfull: )

Day 1 April 27, 2018
2 am...2 am came very quickly this morning...especially since the NFL draft started the night before and I couldn't sleep until we made our first pick :joyfull:
Nonetheless, up I got and got ready to leave for the airport.
We got fancy with our dates sign this time :inlove:
DSC_8328.jpg

DSC_8330.jpg

DSC_8332.jpg

DSC_8334.jpg

We shoved all 5 *yes 5* suitcases into our car and soon enough we were at the airport after a short 15 minute drive (bonus...no traffic at 3 am).
We got to the Southwest counter just after it opened and the one worker was OBSESSED with our luggage. She literally told us if our luggage doesn't show up in Orlando it was because she stole it :joyfull: Our luggage is Minnie Mouse...J actually has the same luggage and the worker was trying to steal hers too and then realized we were all related!
TSA precheck wasn't even open so we went through regular security which was only a bummer because it meant I have to take out my computer and iPad which is annoying :cautious::hilarious:
I was wearing my Wishes shirt that N got me for Christmas!
DSC_8342.jpg

May you rest in peace Wishes :cry:
IMG_6526.JPG

There actually weren't any food places open yet so we sat around a bit waiting for J and N to arrive. J actually lost her kindle because she didnt take it out for security (so TSA did) and had to go grab it after an overhead page alerted her of such :joyfull:
After she grabbed it we all went to Tim Hortons but that wasn't open yet either..
Finally 4 am hit us and our usual bagel place opened so we headed there :)
DSC_8343.jpg

I didn't take any pictures apparently but we shared a few bagels and got some water.
Soon enough it was time to board our flight. We got in line and we were like A20-24 I think. There were quite a few people ahead of us but I didn't say anything even though I knew they were probably after us. Eventually a woman in front of me did ask what their numbers were and the woman responds "Group A..." as if the rest of us weren't A :joyfull:. She then said what does it matter if we are all A anyway. The only reason I bring this up is because when we got up to gate to scan our tickets the Southwest worker kicked them out of line and made them wait until it was their turn (they were numbers like 40-41 or something). My Mom turned to me and said "burnnnnn." :joyfull::joyfull:
DSC_8346.jpg

Next up: arriving in Florida

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Max is so cute! I love the gift giving. It's so fun to see what you all exchange!
I love Zapp's too and of course, being in Louisiana they are readily available.
They have a Voodoo Heat flavor that is like the ones you like with a little more heat, so good!
My favs are the Crawtators and the Cajun Dill Gator-Tators!
Love your report!

I think I would have issues if they were sold around here :joyfull:
Thanks for reading!

Enjoying your trip very much, even though I am the last one to read it!
We stayed at POFQ this past March and really enjoyed it. Max is adorable. We have 6 grandchildren, the youngest being 9 y/o.
One night as we rode the bus back to POFQ, we sat by a little boy who talked nonstop to us about the roadster racers:)
He was so cute and articulate. We learned that you only get the blue ones, not the red ones. He talked the whole way back to FQ, and we had a blast with him. His mother made him speak articulately with correct diction, which was amazing. He was only about 4 y/o, I think. We smiled and laughed with him the whole way back from MK. Just wanted to throw that in there about the amazing roadster racers. Your nephew reminded me of it.
Thanks again for an entertaining trip report. Love it:)
Oh, on a side note: I always had the Mickey waffles each am at POFQ, too, they were so good!

As you were describing that it really did sounds like Max!!!
Thanks for reading! We love POFQ - we stay there as much as we can when choosing a moderate :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 9: May 5, 2018 Last Day :(
We got up around 7 and did some last minute packing.
I took some random photos :)
DSC_9680.JPG

DSC_9684.JPG

Betta and Max had an earlier flight so we met them at breakfast to say goodbye (after checking our luggage in).
IMG_7025.JPG

Betta and Max got me this shirt I always wanted as a thank you for planning the trip!
IMG_7024.JPG

We saw them off and sadly they were on their way back home on the DME :(
file-70.jpg

Our destination for the day was Epcot so after checking our carry ons we headed to the bus stop. Only - it was PACKED - so we turned right back around and grabbed an Uber!
Our Uber driver skipped the parking booths and went through the bus lane. Not sure if that was right but whatever we got there fast :joyfull:
We got dropped off here - I didn't even know they had electric car parking - cool !
DSC_9686.JPG

DSC_9687.JPG

DSC_9688.JPG

DSC_9690.JPG

DSC_9691.JPG

Next up: more Epcot

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 9 continued
Our first FP was for Frozen but it was down. It worked out well for J and N since they were not at Epcot yet and would have missed the FP otherwise!
So, my Mom and Dad and I headed on Spaceship Earth
DSC_9693.JPG

DSC_9695.JPG

DSC_9701.JPG

DSC_9702.JPG

DSC_9704.JPG

After SE we headed to Starbucks for one more drink before heading home (I've cut myself off from Starbucks at home :joyfull: )
IMG_7033.JPG

IMG_7034.JPG

DSC_9706.JPG

DSC_9708.JPG

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 9 continued
Eventually J and N made their way to Epcot so we met up with them and headed to Mission Space!
DSC_9710.JPG

DSC_9711.JPG

We chose the Green Side!
DSC_9713.JPG

DSC_9714.JPG

DSC_9715.JPG

DSC_9716.JPG

DSC_9717.JPG

DSC_9719.JPG

IMG_7035.JPG

Last time we rode Mission Space was right after I had my eye surgery and I could not see anything so it was a nice change to be able to see this time :joyfull: I'm glad we did the green side - I am not sure I could ever handle orange since even Star Tours makes me dizzy :hilarious:

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Last time we rode Mission Space was right after I had my eye surgery and I could not see anything so it was a nice change to be able to see this time :joyfull: I'm glad we did the green side - I am not sure I could ever handle orange since even Star Tours makes me dizzy :hilarious:

It's weird, Star Tours makes me dizzy as well, but Mission Space - Orange doesn't make me feel dizzy at all. Of course, when I'm on MS, I don't get the sensation that I'm spinning. I just feel like I'm pushed into the seat, or floating, or however they are trying to make you feel. :)

Plus, ST likes to throw you around in your seat more than MS does.

joshsprincess921

Star Tours makes me :hungover:! Will never do Mission Space Orange.
How do you do on Flight of Passage? I'm nervous about that one making me sick but I have to ride it!

monykalyn

Eventually we made it home at 11:20 pm :bored: So, the fireworks were at like 9:30 so go ahead and do that math!
Busses from DHS are worse now with the friendship boats down temporarily. We were looking at at least 3 standing room only busses last week (going to Fort Wilderness) after fireworks. Hubs took one look at that and said "taxi". $20 (this includes a nice tip- we didn't feel like waiting for change) later we were back at our golf cart in no time. And one day we went there around 2pm to see our DD in costume and then had to go to Epcot for our ADR and the bus over took 45 minutes to come. I tried to get the fam to stop at Beach club bus as it was loading as we walked past but noooooo. I actually tweeted a not so nice thingy to WDW and they actually replied (and coincendatally a bus arrived shortly after).

One of the places that's showing up for cast discounts right now is POFQ. So tempted, but Pop is half the price, and I found a rental for Bonnet creek for a 2 bed for the week for same price as Pop., but I really wanna stay at POFQ! I'm trying to stay on a budget as we bought passes to Universal and I want to take middle DD for a surprise trip in September to Uni for an early bday present.

Love the shirt! I almost got that shirt lol!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I love that T-shirt! i keep meaning to get it but somehow talk myself out of it every year :in pain:

Aw you should get it next time!

Really enjoyed reading your TR as always!

I wish I'd bought that shirt when I went too because I absolutely loved it!! I somehow managed to talk myself out of it but I'll know to get it next time! #poortrex

Thank you ! I always talk myself out of things which is why I'm grateful other people buy things for me haha

Doc Disney

Original Poster
It's weird, Star Tours makes me dizzy as well, but Mission Space - Orange doesn't make me feel dizzy at all. Of course, when I'm on MS, I don't get the sensation that I'm spinning. I just feel like I'm pushed into the seat, or floating, or however they are trying to make you feel. :)

Plus, ST likes to throw you around in your seat more than MS does.

Hm...maybe I will have to try Orange sometime - like at the end of the day when I know I can do home right after haha just in case

Star Tours makes me :hungover:! Will never do Mission Space Orange.
How do you do on Flight of Passage? I'm nervous about that one making me sick but I have to ride it!

I did totally fine on Flight of Passage! My Mom has vertigo occasionally and she did fine on it as well.

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Perch was in same store banshees sold in. It's a $20 fake branch :joyfull:.

Ohhh I will have to look next time we are there. I feel bad mine is currently just laying on a chair haha I don't know what to do with it.

Busses from DHS are worse now with the friendship boats down temporarily. We were looking at at least 3 standing room only busses last week (going to Fort Wilderness) after fireworks. Hubs took one look at that and said "taxi". $20 (this includes a nice tip- we didn't feel like waiting for change) later we were back at our golf cart in no time. And one day we went there around 2pm to see our DD in costume and then had to go to Epcot for our ADR and the bus over took 45 minutes to come. I tried to get the fam to stop at Beach club bus as it was loading as we walked past but noooooo. I actually tweeted a not so nice thingy to WDW and they actually replied (and coincendatally a bus arrived shortly after).

One of the places that's showing up for cast discounts right now is POFQ. So tempted, but Pop is half the price, and I found a rental for Bonnet creek for a 2 bed for the week for same price as Pop., but I really wanna stay at POFQ! I'm trying to stay on a budget as we bought passes to Universal and I want to take middle DD for a surprise trip in September to Uni for an early bday present.

Love the shirt! I almost got that shirt lol!

Ugh that bus situation sounds awful! If you haven't ever stayed at POFQ I would treat yourself at least once :joyfull: Bu I of course am terrible at staying on Budget so don't listen to me! haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom