Trip Report **COMPLETED** The "Hey what's your name" and "I want to ride Home Depot" Trip Report

Hey all
We have been back for just about a day now so I figured why not start the Trip Report!
Also, I'm on call this week so its probably going to be a pretty sparse week sorry!

Who?
Also I am feeling lazy so I'm making abbreviations for mostly everyone
Left to right: My Dad (Jeff) - D, my nephew Max - no abbreviation, my sister Betta (her real name is Elizabeth) - B, my Mom (Mary) - M, Me! (Megan) - no abbreviation, my sister Jill - J and my brother-in law Nick - N
IMG_6938.JPG

When?
April 27, 2018 - May 5, 2018 (B and Max from April 29-May 5)

Where?
Port Orleans French Quarter :) Our favorite moderate

Why?
Celebrating my Mom's 5 year cancer free anniversary! (oh, and it was J and N's honeymoon - aka familymoon :joyfull: )

Day 1 April 27, 2018
2 am...2 am came very quickly this morning...especially since the NFL draft started the night before and I couldn't sleep until we made our first pick :joyfull:
Nonetheless, up I got and got ready to leave for the airport.
We got fancy with our dates sign this time :inlove:
DSC_8328.jpg

DSC_8330.jpg

DSC_8332.jpg

DSC_8334.jpg

We shoved all 5 *yes 5* suitcases into our car and soon enough we were at the airport after a short 15 minute drive (bonus...no traffic at 3 am).
We got to the Southwest counter just after it opened and the one worker was OBSESSED with our luggage. She literally told us if our luggage doesn't show up in Orlando it was because she stole it :joyfull: Our luggage is Minnie Mouse...J actually has the same luggage and the worker was trying to steal hers too and then realized we were all related!
TSA precheck wasn't even open so we went through regular security which was only a bummer because it meant I have to take out my computer and iPad which is annoying :cautious::hilarious:
I was wearing my Wishes shirt that N got me for Christmas!
DSC_8342.jpg

May you rest in peace Wishes :cry:
IMG_6526.JPG

There actually weren't any food places open yet so we sat around a bit waiting for J and N to arrive. J actually lost her kindle because she didnt take it out for security (so TSA did) and had to go grab it after an overhead page alerted her of such :joyfull:
After she grabbed it we all went to Tim Hortons but that wasn't open yet either..
Finally 4 am hit us and our usual bagel place opened so we headed there :)
DSC_8343.jpg

I didn't take any pictures apparently but we shared a few bagels and got some water.
Soon enough it was time to board our flight. We got in line and we were like A20-24 I think. There were quite a few people ahead of us but I didn't say anything even though I knew they were probably after us. Eventually a woman in front of me did ask what their numbers were and the woman responds "Group A..." as if the rest of us weren't A :joyfull:. She then said what does it matter if we are all A anyway. The only reason I bring this up is because when we got up to gate to scan our tickets the Southwest worker kicked them out of line and made them wait until it was their turn (they were numbers like 40-41 or something). My Mom turned to me and said "burnnnnn." :joyfull::joyfull:
DSC_8346.jpg

Next up: arriving in Florida

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 7 continued
I noticed pretty quickly in line that we weren't really moving. The app had the ride as closed but there was no official announcement so we let Max watch some Cars while we waited it out for a few minutes
DSC_9422.JPG

Unfortunately we could tell there was no hope and we eventually bailed. I was SO hopeful our replacement FP would include Flight of Passage since that is also tier 1 but that was wishful thinking :joyfull: I feel so bummed my Dad never got to see NRJ. J and N went on it before it closed and really liked it. The ride didn't end up opening for hours though so I am glad we didn't stick around.
J and N texted to ask me to meet with them since they had a gift for me (for planning the trip)
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_411345424317.JPG

Jill told me like 20 times she was near a tree and a waterfall - that was SUPER helpful in Pandora :hilarious:
Finally I found them and they gave me my gift....a banshee!!!! I was so excited!
IMG_6858.jpg

I always wanted one but didn't want to spend the money so I was so happy!!!!! I wore it all over Pandora.
I finally found the rest of my family after J and N left for Dinoland :) Pandora is not easy to find people in even though its not super big :)
file-59.jpg
FYI Betta loved Flight of Passage ...obviously! I was worried I oversold it to her too but thankfully I didn't :)
Max was not into the banshee (until a few days later) :joyfull:
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_411346276017.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_411346276021.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_411346262537.JPG

DSC_9425.JPG

My Mom wanted to try out the Banshee
DSC_9428.JPG

DSC_9429.JPG

J and N said they tried to skip the adoption process of the banshee but the CM's wouldn't let them.
We tried to come up for a name for him (not sure why I decided it was a him :joyfull: ) and we were talking about Toy Story so my Dad came up with Sid. Only, we decided we would spell it S'yd to make it sound more Avatar-like :joyfull: We are weird.

Next up: more randomness

monykalyn

My son likes his banshee (and finally got the perch this week) and this trip daughter got a plush banshee and one that screeches when you pull its tail (super nice in car yesterday on way to beach). How nice that your sister got one for you!

Epcot seems so bare without any festivals going on! Still had a couple topiaries up on Monday of this past week but they were gone by Thursday.
Got up for EMH Friday as my daughter had never seen standby queue. Hubs and I did standby (happened to meet up with college friends we hadn't seen in 25 years) with friends -after a few drinks in Nomad- Sunday night. Hopped inline around 930 Sunday night and waited 87 minutes. Waited 55 minutes Friday am.

Also love Frontera Cocina and their guacamole!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Max and Goofy! Omg it's not possible to be cuter!!!!

I know thanks!

My son likes his banshee (and finally got the perch this week) and this trip daughter got a plush banshee and one that screeches when you pull its tail (super nice in car yesterday on way to beach). How nice that your sister got one for you!

Epcot seems so bare without any festivals going on! Still had a couple topiaries up on Monday of this past week but they were gone by Thursday.
Got up for EMH Friday as my daughter had never seen standby queue. Hubs and I did standby (happened to meet up with college friends we hadn't seen in 25 years) with friends -after a few drinks in Nomad- Sunday night. Hopped inline around 930 Sunday night and waited 87 minutes. Waited 55 minutes Friday am.

Also love Frontera Cocina and their guacamole!

Where did you get the perch from?! I need one! Wow thats definitely the lowest waits I have seen ! Thats awesome!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 7 continued
While the rest of us left J and N spent a bit more time in AK
Jill got her face painted :)
file-62.jpg

file-61.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_411347471000.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_411347469998.JPG

Max actually took a nap so it was just my Mom and Dad and I at the pool until J and N showed up. A CM wandered around and gave us frozen towels which was interesting :) I took a picture!
IMG_6863.JPG

I also got a pretzel snack at one point :) I don't even really like Disney pretzels so I am not sure why :joyfull:
IMG_6864.JPG

We spent the end of our pool time watching Jill and Nick making up a synchronized swimming routine :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull: I wish I had pictures but I only took a video.
Anyway, eventually we got dressed and headed to Disney Springs!
DSC_9437.JPG

One of us was pitching a fit...any guess who? :hilarious:
DSC_9438.JPG

I can't even remember why he was crying but he was put in time out for a few minutes and then he cheered up.
Anyway my Mom and Max and I headed to TRex while everyone else went to Morimoto Asia
DSC_9442.JPG

DSC_9443.JPG

Next up: more T-rex

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 7 continued
DSC_9444.JPG

My food pictures are terrible - sorry! Was trying to entertain a toddler
I got the beef nachos
DSC_9446.JPG

Max had the kid's Mac and Cheese
DSC_9447.JPG

My Mom had the quesadillas
DSC_9448.JPG

All of our food was super yummy and we had a great time at dinner. We were a bit worried Max would be afraid of the restaurant but he loved it and kept waving to the dinosaurs :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:
After dinner we waited on a bench to wait for everyone else to finish with dinner. We met a dog and the woman was kind enough to let Max pet her :)
IMG_6869.JPG

Max had a new way of smiling apparently haha
IMG_6871.JPG

IMG_6876.JPG

Everyone enjoyed their meal at Morimoto but of course no one took pictures and I have no idea what they ate :joyfull:
We split up a bit after this. My Dad, Jill and Nick headed back to POFQ and the rest of us headed to the MK (by way of the Poly and monorail) for fireworks :) This was weirdly the first time we were seeing fireworks this trip which is super unusual for me!
fullsizeoutput_1bfc.jpeg

DSC_9453.JPG

Next up: more MK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 7 continued
We planned on riding Dumbo but it was pretty crowded so we decided to play it safe and stay on Main Street.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_411356697422.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_411356697424.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_411356697427.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_411356697431.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_411356697433.JPG

I bought Max one of those light up wands which he LOVED - and still does. I think Betta is going to kill me because she has to fight with him everyday to not take it to daycare :joyfull:
DSC_9459.JPG

It turned out to be handy because what he didn't love was fireworks :joyfull: He balled his eyes out as soon as they started but between the wand and Cars on my phone he survived!
file-63.jpg

Oh we also got popcorn :hungry:
DSC_9454.JPG

DSC_9457.JPG

IMG_6884.JPG

It was Betta's first time seeing HEA and she really liked it :) After fireworks we headed out of the park and back home :)

Next up: Day 8! May the 4th (be with you).

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 8 - May 4, 2018
As usual we got up around 7 and grabbed some breakfast. Max woke up a bit later than usual so we hung around until it was time to leave.
We made a special Mousekeeping envelope for May the 4th :)
DSC_9484.JPG

As usual I had a morning photoshoot with Max :joyfull:
DSC_9486.JPG

DSC_9487.JPG

We were heading to the MK and the wait time was listed as 9 minutes for....25 minutes :bored: (although here is listed as 15 mins)
DSC_9489.JPG

DSC_9492.JPG

I spy the Magic Kingdom!
DSC_9495.JPG

The MK was already open when we got there. Dad, Betta and Max headed to Dumbo while my Mom and I stopped to watch the Trolley Show
I have a 100 Trolley photos sorry..
DSC_9498.JPG
DSC_9499.JPG
DSC_9500.JPG
DSC_9502.JPG

Next up: more trolley

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 8 continued
My Mom and I stopped in the Emporium to buy some black Magic Bands :)
Construction wall photo :joyfull:
IMG_6902.JPG

Our first FP was for Winnie the Pooh so we headed there
DSC_9522.JPG

DSC_9526.JPG

DSC_9527.JPG

DSC_9529.JPG

When we got to the gift shop at the end of the ride Max picked up this HUGE Winnie the Pooh to take home :joyfull: I convinced him to let me buy him a little one instead :hilarious:
My Mom and I headed to the Teacups after this (B and Max went to Barnstormer)
IMG_6904.JPG

IMG_6905.JPG

Then we headed to the Speedway with my Dad (B and Max were still in Fantasyland)
DSC_9534.JPG

DSC_9535.JPG

DSC_9537.JPG

Next up: more MK!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 8 continued
DSC_9538.JPG

DSC_9542.JPG

file-65.jpg

IMG_6910.JPG

After our fun car ride we headed to Tomorrowland to meet up with Jill and Nick
DSC_9543.JPG

Our next FP was for Space Mountain so we all headed on while Nick watched Max
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_411359911122.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_411359911108.jpg

After our fun ride we headed over towards the castle for some PP pictures. We had a bit of a wait while an entire cheerleading team got their pictures taken o_O
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_411360187474.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_411360187496.JPG

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 8 continued
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_411360142902.JPG

DSC_9550.JPG

IMG_6912.JPG

file-66.jpg

Betta ordered some lunch for Max at Tomorrowland Terrace so Jill grabbed us a snack while we waited - Cheshire Cat Tail!
IMG_6918.JPG

I wanted to like this but I really didn't - none of us did :facepalm: Just seemed too sweet for our tastes
IMG_6917.JPG

Our last FP for the morning was for Buzz so we headed there!
DSC_9558.JPG

IMG_6921.JPG

IMG_6926.JPG

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 8 continued
For some reason I did not get J and N's picture
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_411360541675.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_411360684684.jpg

DSC_9561.JPG

I won BTW :joyfull:
Next we all headed on the Peoplemover
file-67.jpg

file-68.jpg

DSC_9564.JPG

After our ride we slowly headed out (slowly because Betta had some last minute shopping to do)
I had to get a purple wall photo with the new ears I bought :) Also yes, my hair got braided by Jill in the middle of the park in case anyone is curious why I all of a sudden lost my hat and gained some braids :joyfull:
IMG_6931.JPG

J and N wanted to make their own wall trend :inlove:
IMG_6935.JPG

We were still moving slowly so grabbed some PP pictures on the way out
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_411362355765.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_411360856888.JPG

Next up: more randomness

Rista1313

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom