Trip Report **COMPLETED** Our First Sister Trip & Report! June 11-15th 2016

After a great five days we are home and ready to share everything with you! :) I am absolutely exhausted, as we did as much as possible within the past five days. So, without further ado, here we go!

**side note: we told a cast member it was our first visit without our parents, so they gave us first visit buttons to wear and we had to explain to everyone we saw that we had been there multiple times before :banghead:

DAY 1: SATURDAY JUNE 11
We started in the terminal at the airport with a little breakfast. I got a cheese danish which was pretty yummy.
IMG_0518.jpg

We boarded the plane and took off on time which was excellent. My sister gets motion sickness, so she got a bit sick on our way there. It was a little frustrating, as I had only slept about three hours the night before (out of excitement!!!) and was hoping to sleep on the plane.

Once we landed, we noticed it was super easy to find our way to the magical express and to use our magic bands for the first time ever! We've been on the magical express a bunch of times before, so maybe that's what made it seem easier! We were put to the Contemporary, Ft Wilderness, Poly, and Floridian line. We waited for maybe about 15 minutes and then finally we boarded the Magical Express and made our way to the resort!
IMG_0520.jpg

The Contemporary was the last stop of the Magic Kingdom resorts. We finally got there and found out our room was upgraded! We were no longer staying with a garden view, we got a Bay Lake view!!
IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

We were super excited, as you could see the Magic Kingdom when you walked out of our room! The view of Bay Lake from the bedroom was beautiful as well. Excellent upgrade!
IMG_0525.jpg

Our first stop was over to the Polynesian to eat lunch at Captain Cook's. That is always my family's first stop for lunch, so we couldn't break tradition! I got a delicious burger and my sister got a pulled pork sandwich. Here's a pic of my burger ^_^
IMG_0534.jpg

After lunch we made our way to the Magic Kingdom!!! We had a feeling we were going to miss our first FP+ reservation which was for Thunder Mt. but we were ok with it because we knew it's usually a ten minute wait at night and we'd get to go on later.
IMG_0541.jpg

WE WERE SO EXCITED! It was just as beautiful as I remembered! I like the changes made to the hub, and it was just nice to be in such a familiar place.
IMG_0542.jpg

Once we got there it was almost 3pm, so we scoped out a great spot on the sidewalk and got ourselves comfy for the parade. It was SUPER hot, but we were in the shade. we felt bad for all of the people sitting across from us directly in the sun.
IMG_0554.jpg

One of the balloon guys was nearby -- I almost bought one! They look so cute! I probably would have purchased it if we were staying for a full week.
IMG_0558.jpg

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I do have a question - maybe for your sister. How was it for her riding some of the faster attractions with glasses? Did she feel that she had to hold them, remove them, none of the above? I like to ask several people with glasses to get their opinions, since I wear mine all the time. :D

I wear eyeglasses and never had any issues. The only ride I sort of hold them (but still keep them on, but put my hand just lightly in front of them) is on RNR coaster, and that's due to the ride's inversion. But even that may not be necessary because of the speed and force of the inversion--it just may hold them in place--no different than if I'm on any other fast roller coaster ride. But if you're at all nervous about your eyeglasses, then take them off for the ride.

(Also, and I'm sure you probably do this anyway, be sure to bring a 2nd pair of eyeglasses as a backup and keep in your hotel room, just on the rare instance that your current ones break or get lost.)

Courtney6682

Well, we exited the Animal Kingdom and hopped on a bus to ... THE GRAND FLORIDIAN! Yup, it was TEA TIME!! I was so excited! We were also pretty tired, so we both ended up falling asleep on the bus ride back which is why I have absolutely no photos of it, lol. But here we were! At the Floridian! I was still sleepy upon walking in, so my pictures really started when we sat down.

The menu! We each ordered the Bedfordshire Tea, as they require you to place an order per person. You cannot share unless it explicitly says you can. If I recall correctly we both ordered the Osmanthus tea.
View attachment 147598

First course was finger sandwiches. Neither of us really liked these, as we are picky eaters. But those grapes! They were super fresh!

-

Thanks for posting! What kind of sandwiches were they? Thinking about giving this a try in Feb..

FlaggNL

Just finished your report! Love it! Thanks for sharing! And have fun woth the pre feelings for the next one :) off course following along in the PTR!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom