Trip Report **COMPLETED** Our First Sister Trip & Report! June 11-15th 2016

After a great five days we are home and ready to share everything with you! :) I am absolutely exhausted, as we did as much as possible within the past five days. So, without further ado, here we go!

**side note: we told a cast member it was our first visit without our parents, so they gave us first visit buttons to wear and we had to explain to everyone we saw that we had been there multiple times before :banghead:

DAY 1: SATURDAY JUNE 11
We started in the terminal at the airport with a little breakfast. I got a cheese danish which was pretty yummy.
IMG_0518.jpg

We boarded the plane and took off on time which was excellent. My sister gets motion sickness, so she got a bit sick on our way there. It was a little frustrating, as I had only slept about three hours the night before (out of excitement!!!) and was hoping to sleep on the plane.

Once we landed, we noticed it was super easy to find our way to the magical express and to use our magic bands for the first time ever! We've been on the magical express a bunch of times before, so maybe that's what made it seem easier! We were put to the Contemporary, Ft Wilderness, Poly, and Floridian line. We waited for maybe about 15 minutes and then finally we boarded the Magical Express and made our way to the resort!
IMG_0520.jpg

The Contemporary was the last stop of the Magic Kingdom resorts. We finally got there and found out our room was upgraded! We were no longer staying with a garden view, we got a Bay Lake view!!
IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

We were super excited, as you could see the Magic Kingdom when you walked out of our room! The view of Bay Lake from the bedroom was beautiful as well. Excellent upgrade!
IMG_0525.jpg

Our first stop was over to the Polynesian to eat lunch at Captain Cook's. That is always my family's first stop for lunch, so we couldn't break tradition! I got a delicious burger and my sister got a pulled pork sandwich. Here's a pic of my burger ^_^
IMG_0534.jpg

After lunch we made our way to the Magic Kingdom!!! We had a feeling we were going to miss our first FP+ reservation which was for Thunder Mt. but we were ok with it because we knew it's usually a ten minute wait at night and we'd get to go on later.
IMG_0541.jpg

WE WERE SO EXCITED! It was just as beautiful as I remembered! I like the changes made to the hub, and it was just nice to be in such a familiar place.
IMG_0542.jpg

Once we got there it was almost 3pm, so we scoped out a great spot on the sidewalk and got ourselves comfy for the parade. It was SUPER hot, but we were in the shade. we felt bad for all of the people sitting across from us directly in the sun.
IMG_0554.jpg

One of the balloon guys was nearby -- I almost bought one! They look so cute! I probably would have purchased it if we were staying for a full week.
IMG_0558.jpg

Last edited:

jrogue

Original Poster
Welp, that's about it for my trip report! Overall we had a great trip. I CANNOT say it was relaxing, because it definitely wasn't. It was very busy and very active. We had a lot of fun, though. We rode all the rides we wanted to ride (and some multiple times!) ate all the things we wanted to eat, and even got to try some new things while doing all of our favorite classics.

Thank you all so, so much for following along with my first ever trip report (and an even bigger thanks to those who came from my first ever PRE trip report!!) I really, really appreciate all of your wonderful and lovely comments, and even those of you who didn't get the chance to comment I appreciate you following along!

I am wondering if, now that it's all done, anyone would like to give some feedback? I want to make these pre trip and trip reports as interesting as possible, so any advice or comments would be appreciated. For the trip report ... I started posting fewer pictures in the beginning, but during the end of it I went all out with what I had taken. There are a lot of photos that I took that didn't make it into the report that I took. Personally I like both ways. One way gets to showcase the best, but the other tells a real story. Also, in the beginning, I don't think I really said much. However, towards the end, I feel like I spoke a lot! Which way do you guys prefer for each? I know this trip report is our OWN, but really we are reporting back to share with others, so I'd like to know what you liked and what you would like to see more or less of. :) And also any tips on how to make a pre-trip report more interesting to you!! ^_^

Also, just curious ... does anyone turn their pre trip report into their trip report, or do you keep it as two separate threads?

Thank you so, so much again! And keep your eyes out for more from me :)

blreinsel

Enjoyed your report and looking to see if I could find myself in the background of any of your pictures. :) I always keep my PTR's and TR's as separate threads. I just post the link to my TR in the PTR thread for anyone who had been following it and wanted to read about the actual trip!

jrogue

Original Poster
Enjoyed your report and looking to see if I could find myself in the background of any of your pictures. :) I always keep my PTR's and TR's as separate threads. I just post the link to my TR in the PTR thread for anyone who had been following it and wanted to read about the actual trip!
Haha I always do the same thing when I see people were somewhere I was at the same time! I've actually found myself in the background a couple of times, but I don't think ever in Disney pics.

And thanks! :D

LisaBelle

Well, we exited the Animal Kingdom and hopped on a bus to ... THE GRAND FLORIDIAN! Yup, it was TEA TIME!! I was so excited! We were also pretty tired, so we both ended up falling asleep on the bus ride back which is why I have absolutely no photos of it, lol. But here we were! At the Floridian! I was still sleepy upon walking in, so my pictures really started when we sat down.

The menu! We each ordered the Bedfordshire Tea, as they require you to place an order per person. You cannot share unless it explicitly says you can. If I recall correctly we both ordered the Osmanthus tea.
View attachment 147598

First course was finger sandwiches. Neither of us really liked these, as we are picky eaters. But those grapes! They were super fresh!View attachment 147599

Here's a picture of our tea.View attachment 147600

These were the cute little bags that we were given to put around our tea kettle to keep it hot. And WOW did it keep it hot the entire time! I almost took mine off at one point!View attachment 147601

Next up, the desserts and scones!
View attachment 147602 View attachment 147603

It was a berry tart and a raisin scone with some different spreads. THE SCONES ARE TO DIE FOR. So delicious! I'd come back for the scones alone!View attachment 147604 View attachment 147605

The chocolate eclair was, to quote my sister, "the best eclair I've ever had!!" I really enjoyed the swan, and the chocolate covered strawberry was also SO FRESH and so delicious. The atmosphere was nice. For an event that said it was "sold out" there really were a lot of tables available and tons of room. It was also pretty quiet. Maybe either a lot of last minute cancellations ... or they never fully book the room? Overall, we felt like our money was pretty well spent and we will probably do this again one day. The tea was great (IT WAS TWININGS. MY FAVORITE :)!!!!) and the food was fresh and yummy. It was definitely enough to fill us both up for lunch. A+! :hungry::hungry:

(@bee @Ciara @LisaBelle @ScarletBegonias I believe you guys mentioned being interested in the tea at the GF! Here it is!)

Thank you for including the pictures from your afternoon tea at Grand Floridian :happy:. I am not even a tea lover but now I feel that this a definite must do for me on a future trip. I love the tea pots and tea cups and dessert tower and the fancy look of all the food. I love scones. My mouth is watering :hungry:. Tea pot covers to keep the tea warm :jawdrop:. I've never seen anything like that! So cool!
Comments on a few other items:
Great safari pics.
Tree of life pictures were beautiful.
Russell and Dug were awesome! One of my fav meet and greets ever.
Those treats in the AK looked so good :hungry:.
Thanks for including the nighttime pictures from Everest, the Safari and Tree of Life show. I almost forgot about all of those new aspects to the park. Now I can't wait to get back and try it all!
My sister and I loved the shops at the Contemporary.

Welp, that's about it for my trip report! Overall we had a great trip. I CANNOT say it was relaxing, because it definitely wasn't. It was very busy and very active. We had a lot of fun, though. We rode all the rides we wanted to ride (and some multiple times!) ate all the things we wanted to eat, and even got to try some new things while doing all of our favorite classics.

Thank you all so, so much for following along with my first ever trip report (and an even bigger thanks to those who came from my first ever PRE trip report!!) I really, really appreciate all of your wonderful and lovely comments, and even those of you who didn't get the chance to comment I appreciate you following along!

I am wondering if, now that it's all done, anyone would like to give some feedback? I want to make these pre trip and trip reports as interesting as possible, so any advice or comments would be appreciated. For the trip report ... I started posting fewer pictures in the beginning, but during the end of it I went all out with what I had taken. There are a lot of photos that I took that didn't make it into the report that I took. Personally I like both ways. One way gets to showcase the best, but the other tells a real story. Also, in the beginning, I don't think I really said much. However, towards the end, I feel like I spoke a lot! Which way do you guys prefer for each? I know this trip report is our OWN, but really we are reporting back to share with others, so I'd like to know what you liked and what you would like to see more or less of. :) And also any tips on how to make a pre-trip report more interesting to you!! ^_^

Also, just curious ... does anyone turn their pre trip report into their trip report, or do you keep it as two separate threads?

Thank you so, so much again! And keep your eyes out for more from me :)

Great TR! I loved it, especially because it was a sister's only trip :).
To answer a few of your questions: I kept my PTR and TR separate. I like a mix of photos and text. I want to see what you are talking about and also want to know what I am looking at. On the report I just finished writing I included some photos that weren't the best or most flattering but helped to tell the story. Sometimes those photos are the funniest. I love hearing the thoughts and personal stories in the TRs. I love discovering that other people have the same likes or dislikes. It is fascinating to see the same sights through another person's eyes. Your photos of the CoP are a great example of this. CoP is a favorite of mine and we visit that attraction every trip. Your close ups of the individual scenes allowed me to discover things I'd never seen before (Mickey nutcracker, cat curled up, the photos and post it notes on the bulletin board). Awesome! It's fun to hear why someone loves a ride, show or restaurant that I didn't like. Because of TRs I have given several attractions and foods a second chance. Some I changed my mind about and others I didn't but I am glad that I gave them another go.
Sorry, I kind of rambled there, hope the feedback helps.
Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us. I will definitely be on board for any of your future trips :joyfull:.

jrogue

Original Poster
Great TR! I loved it, especially because it was a sister's only trip :).
To answer a few of your questions: I kept my PTR and TR separate. I like a mix of photos and text. I want to see what you are talking about and also want to know what I am looking at. On the report I just finished writing I included some photos that weren't the best or most flattering but helped to tell the story. Sometimes those photos are the funniest. I love hearing the thoughts and personal stories in the TRs. I love discovering that other people have the same likes or dislikes. It is fascinating to see the same sights through another person's eyes. Your photos of the CoP are a great example of this. CoP is a favorite of mine and we visit that attraction every trip. Your close ups of the individual scenes allowed me to discover things I'd never seen before (Mickey nutcracker, cat curled up, the photos and post it notes on the bulletin board). Awesome! It's fun to hear why someone loves a ride, show or restaurant that I didn't like. Because of TRs I have given several attractions and foods a second chance. Some I changed my mind about and others I didn't but I am glad that I gave them another go.
Sorry, I kind of rambled there, hope the feedback helps.
Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us. I will definitely be on board for any of your future trips :joyfull:.
Thank you so, so, so much!!! That really means a lot to me. I am so glad you enjoyed reading along, and I will definitely make sure to include more thoughts and personal stories in my future TRs!! Your feedback is definitely super helpful. I feel like I took a lot of those pictures and had a lot more to say, but I didn't want to bother anyone! I do love your trip reports. They are always super informative and very well done!! :) And that's a good point about giving several things a second chance based on other people's experiences!

Your sister's CoP shirt!!!!!! I love love love it...I'm sure it's not available anymore, but did she get it at the parks or in the online store?

Enjoying your report so much! The room at the Contemporary looks beautiful.
We got that shirt from the Disney Store online! It was a limited release by Twenty Eight & Main, and it was available until Sept 3 2015. I actually got one for everyone in my family (I have it too!!!) I'm sure you could probably find it online somewhere! Here is the original link to it: http://www.disneystore.com/tees-top...AffLSGen&att=LSGenAffl&LSID=7799835|10676026|

He gets a sticker that says, "I was THAT GUY". My DH got one a couple years ago :p.

Great report!
Oh!! Hahaha that is great! I'm glad they get something small and cute like that. Reminds me of the World Showcase's buttons that they used to give out back in the day. My boyfriend and sister's boyfriend got one but I never did :arghh::arghh:

Doc Disney

Just finished reading through your entire TR! Your trip was great! It would be nice to do a sister trip with just myself and my 2 sisters but I can't see it happening in the near future because of my nephew. Thats OK though! For now I will settle with family trips! Loved your pictures of the Contemporary. That is my dream resort...I hope I can stay there someday!

jrogue

Original Poster
Just finished reading through your entire TR! Your trip was great! It would be nice to do a sister trip with just myself and my 2 sisters but I can't see it happening in the near future because of my nephew. Thats OK though! For now I will settle with family trips! Loved your pictures of the Contemporary. That is my dream resort...I hope I can stay there someday!
Thank you so much!! & hey, maybe not in the near future but I'm sure maybe one day :) The Contemporary was really cool! The rooms and the views were awesome, and you can't beat being able to walk to the Magic Kingdom

jrogue

Original Poster
Just finished your report. :) So good! Sister trips sound so fun. Mine is still 12, so I want to wait a few more years before we take a trip just the two of us. I don't know how you survived on 4 hours of a sleep a night, but I'm impressed!
Haha thank you!! It was a lot of fun. And idk either, it was that Disney stamina! Once we got home it was almost impossible to keep our eyes open and I actually ended up getting a cold. It was totally worth it, though! :)

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
I do have a question - maybe for your sister. How was it for her riding some of the faster attractions with glasses? Did she feel that she had to hold them, remove them, none of the above? I like to ask several people with glasses to get their opinions, since I wear mine all the time. :D

jrogue

Original Poster
I do have a question - maybe for your sister. How was it for her riding some of the faster attractions with glasses? Did she feel that she had to hold them, remove them, none of the above? I like to ask several people with glasses to get their opinions, since I wear mine all the time. :D
:) I will ask her also in case I am wrong, but if I remember correctly she had them off or held them on the jolty or fast rides like mine train, space mountain, or rock n roller coaster. For things like Everest and big thunder mountain she was ok.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom