Club 32 Lounge

mickeyfan5534

What if the "Main Street" of the park is a stylized airport?
I get where you're going with it but... all airports look the same. And they're all ugly. There is no beautifying an airport. An airfield might work but those kind of all look the same too.

My opinion on an opening area is It's A Small World taken up to 11 and the iasw palace to be the park icon.

D Hulk

IMG_2533.JPG

Link to a proposal where I did just that!

Brer Oswald

I like the idea. Maybe we can incorporate it.
I get where you're going with it but... all airports look the same. And they're all ugly. There is no beautifying an airport. An airfield might work but those kind of all look the same too.

My opinion on an opening area is It's A Small World taken up to 11 and the iasw palace to be the park icon.
I believe this is what I said early so yes I agree :p

Imagineerland

You all want an update?..

PREVIEW.png

This is rough and still pretty massed in a lot of areas. But its coming together. So the process is that once I get it all spaced out with just enough detail to know it fits, I'll work my way back through it all to refine the rudimentary shapes into a more architectural aerial view.

For the massing, there is one big change from your plan that took me a while to figure out.

The San Francisco area in your map wraps fully around the river and to Frontierland, but I shifted the river to the left to add an additional path of travel between the Hub and the River, set as a Wharf that can transition San Francisco to New Orleans.

The reasons for this: it was just too far and long and inconvenient of a path around the river to get between the lands. It didn't look as extreme on your map, but with proper scale here, it was too far out to walk all the way around the river. This basically follows the model of Frontierland at Disneyland Paris instead. Also, I think Rivers of America are more effective when you can't see the whole thing at once. It's more interesting to be a winding path with a remote side away from civilization.

Other notes: Fantastia Gardens and the Hub works out great, and will benefit from even more detail later on.

San Francisco is the land I am most interested and excited about. I built up the Lombard Street attraction as something a little more substantial than just a wild mouse coaster, but same idea. And in the wharf area, I'm pretty sure I can fit in a small attraction, like walk through style, so maybe that would be a good place for the Museum of the Weird concept.

As discussed before, Splash Mountain initially gave me pause, but the concept of making the showbuilding section smaller and adding more outdoor sections in the Victoria Creek area helps a lot.

Still need to work through a lot of Adventureland and Fantasyland and the Villain Land. Only thing in those that is slowing me down is my approach about how to intertwine everything in Fantasyland. I need to work through that before laying much out. Also, don't know if it was intentional, but I really like the symmetry between Fantasyland and Villains Land with both having a London area and a forest area. Works out well to do a dark parallel of both.

Tomorrowland is also going to be pretty cool. I'm following through with a more thoroughly planned version of what I did for Disneyland with sweeping elevated walkways and a lot of vegetation, except that the main land is on the upper level and the vegetated autopia drives all around below and around the path.

So that's where we stand. Making progress.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster

View attachment 212443

This is rough and still pretty massed in a lot of areas. But its coming together. So the process is that once I get it all spaced out with just enough detail to know it fits, I'll work my way back through it all to refine the rudimentary shapes into a more architectural aerial view.

For the massing, there is one big change from your plan that took me a while to figure out.

The San Francisco area in your map wraps fully around the river and to Frontierland, but I shifted the river to the left to add an additional path of travel between the Hub and the River, set as a Wharf that can transition San Francisco to New Orleans.

The reasons for this: it was just too far and long and inconvenient of a path around the river to get between the lands. It didn't look as extreme on your map, but with proper scale here, it was too far out to walk all the way around the river. This basically follows the model of Frontierland at Disneyland Paris instead. Also, I think Rivers of America are more effective when you can't see the whole thing at once. It's more interesting to be a winding path with a remote side away from civilization.

Other notes: Fantastia Gardens and the Hub works out great, and will benefit from even more detail later on.

San Francisco is the land I am most interested and excited about. I built up the Lombard Street attraction as something a little more substantial than just a wild mouse coaster, but same idea. And in the wharf area, I'm pretty sure I can fit in a small attraction, like walk through style, so maybe that would be a good place for the Museum of the Weird concept.

As discussed before, Splash Mountain initially gave me pause, but the concept of making the showbuilding section smaller and adding more outdoor sections in the Victoria Creek area helps a lot.

Still need to work through a lot of Adventureland and Fantasyland and the Villain Land. Only thing in those that is slowing me down is my approach about how to intertwine everything in Fantasyland. I need to work through that before laying much out. Also, don't know if it was intentional, but I really like the symmetry between Fantasyland and Villains Land with both having a London area and a forest area. Works out well to do a dark parallel of both.

Tomorrowland is also going to be pretty cool. I'm following through with a more thoroughly planned version of what I did for Disneyland with sweeping elevated walkways and a lot of vegetation, except that the main land is on the upper level and the vegetated autopia drives all around below and around the path.

Really incredible -- I'm trying to look for the right gif to capture my reaction.

D Hulk

View attachment 212443

Looks like really strong progress. Great job, @Imagineerland. And wow, Fantasia Gardens works wonderfully.

This is a very interesting reworking of Pacific Wharf (San Francisco). The Tower is well placed for many different sightlines, and I like how you've maintained the organic roadways around its base. It feels like Frontierland Paris mixed with a bit of New Orleans Square, which is awesome since they're among the very best lands! The train emerging onto the river view will be amazing like in Paris! (What, if anything, will be seen in the tunnels behind Lombard?)

Looks like Lombard Street has a larger indoors coaster section after the "wild mouse" style curving street. Did I read that right? Will have to ponder more about the indoors content - maybe some San Francisco earthquake stuff underground!

@FigmentPigments, my fellow Pixar warrior, looks like we can fit a Museum of the Weird walkthrough AND the Chinatown dark ride! Sweet! Eventually, after other stuff has calmed down, I might do some work on the latter.

Look forward to seeing the rest of the park take shape!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom