Club 32 Lounge

Imagineerland

Looks like really stronger progress. Great job, @Imagineerland. And wow, Fantasia Gardens works wonderfully.

This is a very interesting reworking of Pacific Wharf (San Francisco). The Tower is well placed for many different sightlines, and I like how you've maintained the organic roadways around its base. It feels like Frontierland Paris mixed with a bit of New Orleans Square, which is awesome since they're among the very best lands! The train emerging onto the river view will be amazing like in Paris! (What, if anything, will be seen in the tunnels behind Lombard?)

Looks like Lombard Street has a larger indoors coaster section after the "wild mouse" style curving street. Did I read that right? Will have to ponder more about the indoors content - maybe some San Francisco earthquake stuff underground!

@FigmentPigments, my fellow Pixar warrior, looks like we can fit a Museum of the Weird walkthrough AND the Chinatown dark ride! Sweet! Eventually, after other stuff has calmed down, I might do some work on the latter.

Look forward to seeing the rest of the park take shape!

Yes so I started with Pacific Wharf so I've played with that the most. And I really liked the concept. What I have now is definitely still fluid, but I think the general layout ideas work and will stick. The tower was placed for the direct signtline towards the hub. In the text you mentioned the Cliff House, and once I looked up pictures of that I knew I wanted to give the opportunity for this to have a similar relationship to the water. That could look incredible from the island and the water.

The Lombard street ride got larger because I traced the real Lombard for reference and realized that to shrink it to wild mouse size, it would be like 1/20th scale. Wild Mouse coasters are small! This is about 3/4 so it should actually look like the street. And my idea is that the showbuilding could step up with dimensional flats and facades to kind of make a San Francisco hill of a berm for the land. Earthquake could be perfect. I have it drawn so that the train goes through the showbuilding as well, so maybe that could look into the quaking city.

Yes both of those rides should be able to fit. The Museum of the Weird could be like a mysterious wharf front warehouse filled with oddities. Something like Musee Mecanique in Fishermans Wharf. And the area around the other showbuilding, I'll develop into a more dense Chinatown.

Daveeeeed

You all want an update?..

View attachment 212443

This is rough and still pretty massed in a lot of areas. But its coming together. So the process is that once I get it all spaced out with just enough detail to know it fits, I'll work my way back through it all to refine the rudimentary shapes into a more architectural aerial view.

For the massing, there is one big change from your plan that took me a while to figure out.

The San Francisco area in your map wraps fully around the river and to Frontierland, but I shifted the river to the left to add an additional path of travel between the Hub and the River, set as a Wharf that can transition San Francisco to New Orleans.

The reasons for this: it was just too far and long and inconvenient of a path around the river to get between the lands. It didn't look as extreme on your map, but with proper scale here, it was too far out to walk all the way around the river. This basically follows the model of Frontierland at Disneyland Paris instead. Also, I think Rivers of America are more effective when you can't see the whole thing at once. It's more interesting to be a winding path with a remote side away from civilization.

Other notes: Fantastia Gardens and the Hub works out great, and will benefit from even more detail later on.

San Francisco is the land I am most interested and excited about. I built up the Lombard Street attraction as something a little more substantial than just a wild mouse coaster, but same idea. And in the wharf area, I'm pretty sure I can fit in a small attraction, like walk through style, so maybe that would be a good place for the Museum of the Weird concept.

As discussed before, Splash Mountain initially gave me pause, but the concept of making the showbuilding section smaller and adding more outdoor sections in the Victoria Creek area helps a lot.

Still need to work through a lot of Adventureland and Fantasyland and the Villain Land. Only thing in those that is slowing me down is my approach about how to intertwine everything in Fantasyland. I need to work through that before laying much out. Also, don't know if it was intentional, but I really like the symmetry between Fantasyland and Villains Land with both having a London area and a forest area. Works out well to do a dark parallel of both.

Tomorrowland is also going to be pretty cool. I'm following through with a more thoroughly planned version of what I did for Disneyland with sweeping elevated walkways and a lot of vegetation, except that the main land is on the upper level and the vegetated autopia drives all around below and around the path.

So that's where we stand. Making progress.
Dang:jawdrop:

Going to San Francisco for the first time I was stunned by its beauty, and once we left, my first thought was that it was now my favorite city (even over Paris and London!) and that it would work so so so good as a land in the same way that westerns and Parisian architecture do. You guys nailed it!!! Marvelous work everyone!!!

Last edited:

Imagineerland

Dang:jawdrop:

Going to San Francisco for the first time I was stunned by its beauty, and once we left, my first thought was that it was now my favorite city (even over Paris and London!) and that it would work so so so good as a land in the same way that westerns and Parisian architecture do. You guys nailed it!!! Marvelous work everyone!!!

Agreed, I think San Francisco's my favorite American city I've been to so far. Maybe New York, buts it's a little intense and San Francisco has a more interesting character with the hills and eclectic style. I think it would make a really special land, hopefully it ends up for real somewhere eventually!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
So I just noticed that the park doesn't have a carousel or a tea cups ride, which are in every single other castle park. Any reason to leave these out? Or any opposition if I decided to fit them into Fantasyland?
Go right ahead - it came up in passing but I guess the focus was on more unique attractions. I would lean more towards the carousel rather than the tea cups because in the future the teacups could be part of an Alice expansion or something like that. Whereas the Carousel can fit in more naturally in most places.

MA Screamin'

2spRq4P

Speechless, I'm so proud of all the hard work you all put into this! It's summer time, so I'm all in for the next one. :happy::happy::happy:

Imagineerland

Need some clarification about the Beauty and the Beast attraction.

So when I was looking at the map and scanning the text originally, I had assumed the attraction was a carousel style theater show. But reading more closely I see reference to that being just the preshow for an attraction. But then there's not an attraction described, or really shown on the map. So I'm a little confused what exactly this should be drawn as.

My personal suggestion about this is to simplify a bit. Either do the carousel show as the whole attraction, or do an attraction with just a normal single room preshow. Having both seems too large and lengthy.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Need some clarification about the Beauty and the Beast attraction.

So when I was looking at the map and scanning the text originally, I had assumed the attraction was a carousel style theater show. But reading more closely I see reference to that being just the preshow for an attraction. But then there's not an attraction described, or really shown on the map. So I'm a little confused what exactly this should be drawn as.

My personal suggestion about this is to simplify a bit. Either do the carousel show as the whole attraction, or do an attraction with just a normal single room preshow. Having both seems too large and lengthy.
The carousel show is the attraction -- originally it was a preshow and there was going to be a dark ride, but we ended up scrapping the dark ride because of time/too many attractions. It should have been edited at the end that after the carousel just goes to a meet/greet castle exit. If there was a preshow mention in the attraction write-up itself, then I probably missed it as someone else wrote that attraction.

Imagineerland

The carousel show is the attraction -- originally it was a preshow and there was going to be a dark ride, but we ended up scrapping the dark ride because of time/too many attractions. It should have been edited at the end that after the carousel just goes to a meet/greet castle exit. If there was a preshow mention in the attraction write-up itself, then I probably missed it as someone else wrote that attraction.

Ok that makes sense! And I think is the right move. A carousel show is substantial enough to be an attraction.

Imagineerland

Also, I'm setting up Fantasyland with a London Village area that includes Mr Toad, Mary Poppins, and transitions into dark London with 101 Dalmatians, and it looks like there is room for at least 1 more dark ride in that space. I can leave it as expansion space, or if there's something you thought of before and cut, I can try to work it back in.

Imagineerland

Well I have finished roughing out the layout. Fantasyland took some tries to figure out.

I'm posting here for any final comments about the layout before I start to put more detail in. So let me know if there's something major you see that needs to be changed. Or any new ideas you have about the specific lands and attractions based on how I have them set up.

Also, like I said, looks like we have room for something else in Fantasyland by the London area, maybe something else in the Villains land by the dark forest area, and maybe something small in the frontier town area of frontierland. Let me know what you want to do about those.

forum plan.jpg

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Well I have finished roughing out the layout. Fantasyland took some tries to figure out.

I'm posting here for any final comments about the layout before I start to put more detail in. So let me know if there's something major you see that needs to be changed. Or any new ideas you have about the specific lands and attractions based on how I have them set up.

Also, like I said, looks like we have room for something else in Fantasyland by the London area, maybe something else in the Villains land by the dark forest area, and maybe something small in the frontier town area of frontierland. Let me know what you want to do about those.

View attachment 213182
Looks fantastic! By all means begin detailing - not edits from me!

MonorailRed

Applebees

View attachment 213182

Everything looks fantastic!

Frontierland looks a little empty aside from the mountain .... I'll think some sort of an addition to the town this evening. :bookworm: I'll also think of a dark london or dark forest addition.

I'll hopefully have something together tonight. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom