Club 32 Lounge

kmbmw777

Just to further clarify this, what IPs would go into a land like an apocalyptic washing ton DC or an Amazon that was conquered by Rome? This may help people visualize how this park will come together. (I know above lands are only suggestions so it doesn't have to be exactly these lands).
I could see Marvel (specifically Cap) in DC
Maybe a new sort of Pirates of the Caribbean in the Amazon?

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
As for the 2nd park -- I'm mixed on the direction. I think it's good though to continue to discuss all options before diving into one -- that way we ensure that it's the best direction for all of us!

In the meantime I think it also might be beneficial if I go find some past projects to inspire us and give us maybe some ideas for directions in the park's overall theme:)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
With Figment back and Imagineerland working on the map for the first park -- I figured this would be a good opportunity to kick back up the talks for the 2nd park.

I quoted some of the main points of interest above but to summarize it more concisely...the directions we seem to be heading in are.

Disney's Pangaea - a World Atlas park park set in another dimension
Disney's Infinity - basically an alternate history park.

and among the main goals would be a sort of fusion between Disney's Animal Kingdom and Tokyo DisneySEA. But we can talk about it as we go!
I'll keep tagging some who may be interested in brainstorming some ideas with us for this theme park -- and of course anyone is more than welcome to contribute their ideas as well!:)
@D Hindley (who I know is busy doing the Tournament) @Sephirenn @kap91

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
With Figment back and Imagineerland working on the map for the first park -- I figured this would be a good opportunity to kick back up the talks for the 2nd park.

I quoted some of the main points of interest above but to summarize it more concisely...the directions we seem to be heading in are.

and among the main goals would be a sort of fusion between Disney's Animal Kingdom and Tokyo DisneySEA. But we can talk about it as we go!
I'll keep tagging some who may be interested in brainstorming some ideas with us for this theme park -- and of course anyone is more than welcome to contribute their ideas as well!:)
@OvertheHorizon @Jones14 @tcool123

D Hulk

@D Hindley (who I know is busy doing the Tournament) @Sephirenn @kap91
Yeah, I'm really quite busy Imagineering elsewhere (though I'm here right now!), and I'm concerned about plopping my favorite personal park ideas here in case I need them for my Tournament of Champions, but...

Random, new idea:

How about expanding Beastlie Kingdomme into an entire park?

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster

@Imagineerland (if you had any additional thoughts for park 2) @Cake @Pionmycake (lots of cake haha)

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster

@IAmNotAHufflepuff @orlando678- @gonzoWDW

P.S. it would be so much easier if I could do all these tags in a list in one post -- however for some reason when you go above 3 or 4 the tag is spotty and sometimes people don't get an alert for it.

Imagineerland

I'll just add that I think the above are pretty interesting concepts worth looking at because they would allow for lands that are pretty diverse from those in the first gate. We definitely should avoid overlap so we can maximize the potential of themed environments in this project.

As easy as it would be to revert to one of the successful existing schemes (Studios, Seas, or EPCOT), I'm glad to see this going in an original direction, at least at this point.

Also, it might be a little early in your planning, but consider the basic site plan concept that I'm going off of below. It should be similar scale to the first gate, should probably be more elongated or rectangular than the first gate to fit the site (like Disney Seas basically), and consider the adjacencies. The front of the park could potentially meld into the retail zone, which also melds into the entrance to the first gate, so there could maybe be some connective concepts there. And the east of the park would be up against what we have as Frontierland and Adventureland. That may mean nothing, but worth knowing.

Gho2nje.jpg

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster

Jones14

I've thought before about a park that offshoots from the magic kingdom in a similar way that DisneySea does could be loosely connected through the idea of transportation. Bear with me.

Each land is set in its own part of the world, anchored by a different form of transport. For example, Ancient Egypt, which is anchored by the sailboat (they invented it), offering peaceful journeys down its famous rivers. Modern-Day Rome, anchored by the car, as they created the first widespread system of roads. America in the early 1900s, but instead of focusing on trains, it focuses on the airplane. The United Kingdom in the 1800s, with trains charging through the countryside.

Each land would be as loose as World Showcase in terms of architecture, allowing multiple time periods to blend together when necessary to allow for different attraction concepts to co-exist. IP's would be welcome as long as they were fitted into the area and transportation anchor (for example, if Cars showed up in Rome, or a Flight of Passage clone that starts by explaining how man's endeavors allowed us to eventually get to space, and thus, Pandora, that'd be fine).
Educational attractions could also be sprinkled throughout explaining how that form of transportation related to its host country.

The blending of World Showcase aesthetics with Future World ideals and DisneySea's model of continuity would allow for a park designed to strike a balance between learning and fun, IP's and original attractions, and a Peoplemover encircling the park would tie it all back to Walt's love for transportation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom