Cindy's Castle turning brown!

Main Street USA

What it comes down to is what malice said. Would you rather have an obstructed view of the castle (crane/painters) or no view of the castle (scaffolding). I don't know about anyone else, but I would think that if someone went to MK for the first time, they'd rather an obstructed view.
But neither are necessary. This stuff can, and should, be done when the park is closed.

EpcotForever82

But neither are necessary. This stuff can, and should, be done when the park is closed.
No, this is not the stuff that can be done at night. You all are being very selfish in my opinion towards the subject. If they were painting it back to the Original Colors, you would careless that they painted during the day, but now that it is something that you extremely dislike, you have to rant on every little detail of it. You should be happy the Castle is not in full scaffelings..

-Space

I'm definitely not complaining..... it beats the castle being scaffolded up like it was in Disneyland in summer '04.......

Castle-080504-AVP.jpg

I will definetly take a crane over this any day!!! I would be really disappointed if I showed up for my first visit and this is what I saw.

Buford

I will definetly take a crane over this any day!!! I would be really disappointed if I showed up for my first visit and this is what I saw.
That, and maybe if they added toilet paper :lol: :lookaroun

Hey everyone, it would be WONDERFUL if we could be respectful to each other and debate in a civilized way.... and CONTRIBUTE without accusing... and perhaps ignore any posts that irk you..... (this feature is under user CP)

Rogue71371

I'm sorry. It's all my fault! I called WDW Customer Relations, and told them last year during our visit there were not enough towels in our room. So they asked if there was anything that could make my next stay better, and I told them that all painting, and general "upkeep" needed to be done by Nov 11th when we arrive. I wanted to make sure the Disney experience for MY family was PERFECT.

My Bad.

Montu

No, this is not the stuff that can be done at night. You all are being very selfish in my opinion towards the subject. If they were painting it back to the Original Colors, you would careless that they painted during the day, but now that it is something that you extremely dislike, you have to rant on every little detail of it. You should be happy the Castle is not in full scaffelings..

-Space

No no no - he made it quite clear that I don't "GET IT". Obviously you don't "GET IT" either. The problem with people like us (The ones that think logically) is that we never understand points made by people like that.

Space, we're just an embarassment. :king:

I'm sorry. It's all my fault! I called WDW Customer Relations, and told them last year during our visit there were not enough towels in our room. So they asked if there was anything that could make my next stay better, and I told them that all painting, and general "upkeep" needed to be done by Nov 11th when we arrive. I wanted to make sure the Disney experience for MY family was PERFECT.

My Bad.

You just had to go and ruin it for the rest of us didn't you!! :lol:

durangojim

For many of you who are worried about people whose first time it is to WDW, I'd like to share a little story -- I took my wife (she was my gf at the time) to WDW for her very first time in August of 96. Little known to me they were starting to paint the castle pink for the 25th anniversary. When we arrived at the MK that first day, the thought on my mind was "what the heck?" because the bottom part of the castle was pink, the top was grey, and there was a big crane next to it. Her experience was pure joy and excitement. She thought it was beautiful and loved how it looked. Becuase of her reaction I realized that I was disappointed because I had seen it the original way for so many years prior and that Disney World is more than just the castle, it's about making wonderful memories with those that you love. I think people who are going to WDW for the first time won't care what color the castle is or if there's a guy painting it on a crane. They'll be at WDW and there's not much that can ruin that experience, definately not some paint.

Montu

I really don't feel like reading through this entire thread..but just making sure are they painting it just like Tokyo's castle?

-Fender-

Such is the assumption, and it certainly appears by all indications to be true thus far. The castle *is* being painted a new color scheme, and if it is not TDL's new colors, it will be very close.

kurros

I think it has already been covered here but it needs to be mentioned again it seems. They are using a different type of paint this time and it turns out that there are some humidity and dew point issues with its application, so it must be applied during the day. The original plan was for the painting to be done at night and the crane lowered by park open. The compromise is to start painting ASAP in the morning (they are watching the weather stations) and have the crane down in the afternoon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom