Cindy's Castle turning brown!

wdwishes2005

Think logically here - do they also normally paint *the entire castle* that often?

This is a simple thing here. So they're painting. So what? Big deal. Will that ruin your time in the park? Will it ruin your vacation? Will it make Splash Mountain less fun? Will it hurt your experience on the Haunted Mansion?

I'm not directing this at you Test Track, just saying in general, people complain that they're painting during park hours - and they're the same people that would complain about how long it's taking to get done had they opted to paint only after hours.

Beyond the pure and simple fact that a 180 foot tall building cannot be painted in one day. Seeing someone painting it during the day is *absolutely no different* than walking in the park and seeing it sitting there half painted.
Erm.. I never complained about it taking a long time... I wish it wasn't even happening at all....

Ok may I just put in a great point. What person paints at night?, The reason for painting during the day like it or not is they can see what they are doing and not screw it up and then come morning have a big mess on their hand. Like everyones said so what its not that often they even paint the castle so I say let them finish and then let me look at it in all its glory and fame.

tirian

I'm not sure what the final paint scheme will be, but Disney has already issued a disclaimer of sorts to CMs that the new colors will be necessary to "show depth" and "freshen" the Magic Kingdom.

Someone has put a lot of effort into picking these colors...

MissM

This is a simple thing here. So they're painting. So what? Big deal. Will that ruin your time in the park? Will it ruin your vacation?
Actually, you know, it most certainly could give some guests a hard time. There are millions of people who are very strongly chemical sensitive. Paint fumes aren't exactly banal you know.

Will it impact the general population? No. But could it affect some guests? Most assurdly, it can.

Just a general reminder that there are people with different allergies and sensitivities in the world you'll never experience but they live with daily.
-m

Montu

Actually, you know, it most certainly could give some guests a hard time. There are millions of people who are very strongly chemical sensitive. Paint fumes aren't exactly banal you know.

Will it impact the general population? No. But could it affect some guests? Most assurdly, it can.

Just a general reminder that there are people with different allergies and sensitivities in the world you'll never experience but they live with daily.
-m

Someone's trying too hard to prove a point that does not exist!

sambahat

Good point

Ok may I just put in a great point. What person paints at night?, The reason for painting during the day like it or not is they can see what they are doing and not screw it up and then come morning have a big mess on their hand. Like everyones said so what its not that often they even paint the castle so I say let them finish and then let me look at it in all its glory and fame.

I didn't even think of that. Very good point... it's so simple.

MissM

Someone's trying too hard to prove a point that does not exist!
So allergies and sensitivies don't exist, hu? I think someone's trying to play stupid on purpose. *rollseyes*
-m

edit to add I guess all these organizations are full of it then too, right?
http://www.aafp.org/afp/980901ap/magill.html
http://www.chemicalsensitivityfoundation.org/
http://ohioline.osu.edu/cd-fact/0192.html
(there is, for the record, almost a million results for chemical sensitivity in a google search.)

So allergies and sensitivies don't exist, hu? I think someone's trying to play stupid on purpose. *rollseyes*
-m

edit to add I guess all these organizations are full of it then too, right?
http://www.aafp.org/afp/980901ap/magill.html
http://www.chemicalsensitivityfoundation.org/
http://ohioline.osu.edu/cd-fact/0192.html
(there is, for the record, almost a million results for chemical sensitivity in a google search.)

Not to be argumentative, but you might want to read your sources. The first one is from a well respected medical source, but it states that it is not really a disease but more of a psychiatric condition.

I would think something like fumes would be more of an issue if the painting was going on indoors...since there is a lot of open air surrounding the castle, I wouldn't think that would be an issue.

Probably the biggest issue is that the crane is an eyesore in everyones pictures. not something that I would personally want in my vacation pictures, but hopefully it won't be around to much longer.

wannab@dis

:rolleyes: Painting indoors and out in the open are two very different things...

As for the eyesore... it has to be done. Unfortunately, the "magic" of Disney doesn't include wiggling their noses and poof, it gets done instantly. Some complain when paint appears to be faded and others complain when they paint. Can't please everyone all the time.

MissM

Actually, the debate is out. The medical community is 50/50 split on if there is a physical basis for chemical sensitivity or if it's a mental problem. But, ask someone with bipolar, or clinical depression if it's any less "real" because it originates in the mind. :rolleyes:

While paint fumes are certainly worse indoors, if you're near the castle and the wind is blowing it in your face, it can certainly still be noticed. This is true for any sort of paint. (It was nauseating when they repainted the outsides of my old apartment complex for example.)

I have a very mild case of PMLE (polymorphic light eruptions) which is basically an allergy to the sun. Not many people have heard of it and the cause of it isn't known, but it's certainly a real condition. (If you watch Extreme Home Makeover, a girl last season had a much more severe case of it.) And while no, it's not directly related to chemical sensitivities, I mention it to illustrate that sensitivities are extremely diverse and can come in many forms. I haven't been around while they were painting, so I'm not personally saying I was bothered by it (I could be, I could not, I wouldn't know until I was there) but some people might be. That's the entirity of my argument. It could most certainly be disruptive to some people and aggravate medical problems they have.

Consider yourself lucky if you've never considered something like paint fumes to be a source of medical worry. Or sunlight. Or a specific food item. Sadly, some people do have these concerns and it's a fact of life for them.
-m

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom