Cindy's Castle turning brown!

Montu

I can't BELIEVE they're painting the castle in the MIDDLE of the day, while a SHOW is going on right underneath them! What the hell is going on?!?!?

Oh my freakin' god.

Ok.

Fine.

Let's just close the theme park for a couple of months so they can get all the painting done without distrupting your time.

Will THAT make you happy?

STGRhost

Fine.

Let's just close the theme park for a couple of months so they can get all the painting done without distrupting your time.

I think, for some people, the problem with them painting the castle during the day is that we've always heard about how Disney DOESN'T do that stuff. Can you honestly say that having a guy on a ladder painting the icon of the park (and the resort, really) while a show is going on directly below him is an example of "Good Show"?
Sure, it's easier to paint during the day, and probably cheaper, but that isn't how Disney is supposed to operate. And they didn't used to, or at least that's what they'd like us believe (I wasn't around in the early 70s, or Disneyland in the 50s and 60s, so I can't say with any authority).

Also, think of the people who have never been to WDW, or haven't been in a long time. That's their one shot at seeing the Castle and taking pictures in front of it. That would be dissapointing.
Is the crane that big a deal to the average person? Probably not. Does it make a difference to some guests? Absolutely - just look at this thread.

I was just there with my family, and a few friends (for my wedding!). The friends of mine hadn't been to WDW in years, and the first thing they pointeds out was the crane. For them, it was a dissapointment. They still had a great time, but don't they have a right to their opinion?
For me, I worked there, and I've been there dozens of times. It was still a little irritating to see them working during the day. And I've had no trouble photoshopping the crane out of my pictures, but I don't like the fact that I have to do it.

I think the question I have is why some people here get so worked up when other people don't like the crane. What does it matter to you, if you don't have a problem with it?

malice

I can't BELIEVE they're painting the castle in the MIDDLE of the day, while a SHOW is going on right underneath them! What the hell is going on?!?!?

Would you have preferred that it have scaffolding covering the entire castle like with the recent Disneyland and TDL refurbs? At least with the crane visitors are able to get a decent shot without obstructions...:lookaroun

ultimatewdwfan

Hi, New here to these forums.. My opinion is it should keep the original coloring. Each castle is it's own work of art.. it's like someone saying the mona lisa should be blonde and repainting it.

askmike1

Also, think of the people who have never been to WDW, or haven't been in a long time. That's their one shot at seeing the Castle and taking pictures in front of it. That would be dissapointing.
What it comes down to is what malice said. Would you rather have an obstructed view of the castle (crane/painters) or no view of the castle (scaffolding). I don't know about anyone else, but I would think that if someone went to MK for the first time, they'd rather an obstructed view.

wannab@dis

I think, for some people, the problem with them painting the castle during the day is that we've always heard about how Disney DOESN'T do that stuff. Can you honestly say that having a guy on a ladder painting the icon of the park (and the resort, really) while a show is going on directly below him is an example of "Good Show"?
Sure, it's easier to paint during the day, and probably cheaper, but that isn't how Disney is supposed to operate. And they didn't used to, or at least that's what they'd like us believe (I wasn't around in the early 70s, or Disneyland in the 50s and 60s, so I can't say with any authority).

Well... the internet wasn't around in the 70's and 80's for everyone to gripe about a picture taken that day hundreds or thousands of miles away by someone they'll never meet. Other than the people actually in the park, there would be no way of knowing that painting was being done. I've seen pictures of AA's being lifted by cranes and construction workers galore in 60's Disneyland with guests walking around everywhere. It happened then and it happens now.

As for the knee-jerk bad show reactions... grow up. You're not kids anymore and should actually understand the need for maintenance, even within a world of magic. :rolleyes:

kcnole

Yes, the company does try to do most of their maintenance at night when guests aren't in the park, however this isn't your normal maintenance. This is repainting the entire friggin castle. That takes forever and can't just be done an hour here and an hour there.

1.) It requires good site to see the details that you're painting, no matter how good your lights are you aren't going to be able to light up the castle good enough.

2.) It's very dangerous work being up that high in the air painting. Doing it during the day makes it much safer.

3.) It's going to take a long time as it is to paint the castle, were it only being done at night it would take even longer.

Buford

I'm definitely not complaining..... it beats the castle being scaffolded up like it was in Disneyland in summer '04.......

Castle-080504-AVP.jpg

Main Street USA

Oh my freakin' god.

Ok.

Fine.

You're not even worth responding to. You're the type of person who has never gotten it, and never will. Welcome to my ignore list.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom