Christmas music overkill

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I agree...Heck David Arkenstone who's song Papillion On wings of the Butterfly that Dominates the Innoventions loop has made some really good Christmas Music.......This is what SHOULD Play in Innoventions during christmas..It's Christmas Meets Futuristic...with a twist of charm to it..

I like his version of Silver Belles

Matt_Black

They actually do play their rendition of Carol of the Bells in the queue/courtyard. It's also one of the Osborne Lights dancing songs.

The title of their rendition is "Christmas Eve Sarajevo". It's a bit inaccurate to call it "Carol of the Bells" since they use bits of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" in that arrangement as well.

Brad Bishop

Worst Christmas song in all of WDW.

It's a great song, though. "I GET SO MAD!!!" (angry kid nearly screaming) It always makes me chuckle.

I'm with the OP on this. Thanksgiving to Jan 1st-sh, like maybe including the next weekend if the 1st falls on a Thursday or Friday, is fine. From Halloween until mid Jan is a bit much.

I'm also of the opinion that the Christmas decorations should be up by Thanksgiving, but not up a week after Halloween. Reduce the number of Christmas parties and keep them between Thanksgiving and New Years. I know, it's a business and Christmas parties are big sellers and all that. It's been addressed in another thread with regards to how this all looks with, essentially, selling Magic Kingdom Christmas at night as a separate ticket.

Dog Ate Mouse

I don't work in stores and shops but can tell you that the music gets me in the mood for the Christmas season and also helps soothe my nerves while shopping. Now at the parks it just add to the magic of Christmas in Disney. I want the snow and cold and want to hear the music. It's only once a year that we have to hear this music where it sounds just right. I for one love Christmas time and all that it means. While my family was over at my house during dinner the Christmas story was on TV and in the Background Christmas music was playing on the radio. It was so peaceful and just down right entertaining. To me it would not feel like Christmas if no Christmas carols and music was playing with all those beautiful decorations that Disney hangs all over. Christmas time is a special time of the year and seems to be the only time that we all do treat each other a little kinder and care about the people in need. I wish this feeling I see and hear would occur more through out the year. Christmas yes has it's religious aspect that I believe in and has a spirit that brings out the best in man & women kind for the most part.

Sage of Time

I think the Christmas music works great in all the parks, save for EPCOT. It's just too constant there and too jovial. They need to contain it to the entrance and after the pyro.

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
January 12th: friend tells me Christmas music still playing.

I realize they do this every year, but there honestly can't be anyone who still wants to hear it at this point. Nobody is visiting WDW in mid January hoping for Christmas cheer. I don't see how it could be seen as anything other than tacky and milking the corporate aspect of Christmas.

Susan Savia

January 11th, Hollywood Studios is still playing Christmas music and some decorations are still up including the tree as you enter the park.

jensenrick

January 12th: friend tells me Christmas music still playing.

I realize they do this every year, but there honestly can't be anyone who still wants to hear it at this point. Nobody is visiting WDW in mid January hoping for Christmas cheer. I don't see how it could be seen as anything other than tacky and milking the corporate aspect of Christmas.

Just another reason I'm glad that I skipped renewing my AP this year.

Thank goodness for Universal and I-Drive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom