Christmas music overkill

Voxel

President of Progress City
Yep. An example of good use, I would say, is at Rock 'n' Roller Coaster - Christmas rock music. I also enjoy it because it reminds me of the early days of RnRc, when the music loop was a mix and not just Aerosmith. Bad/lazy example is using the same generic Christmas loop for Hollywood Blvd and all of Future World. It doesn't fit the theme of either, it just seems lazy and corporate to me.
Ummmm, not to change the topic but when they first open RnR it was only Aerosmith music that played in the queue and general area. This was later changed to be generic rock music up until recently (in my trip history) it was returned to Aerosmith Music. I may be wrong in my timing, but I do remember nothing but Aerosmith when the Attraction opened, because my family complained that it wasn't just Aerosmith anymore when they changed the loop.

epcotisbest

Ummmm, not to change the topic but when they first open RnR it was only Aerosmith music that played in the queue and general area. This was later changed to be generic rock music up until recently (in my trip history) it was returned to Aerosmith Music. I may be wrong in my timing, but I do remember nothing but Aerosmith when the Attraction opened, because my family complained that it wasn't just Aerosmith anymore when they changed the loop.
Been riding RRC since before it opened. I personally have never, ever heard anything but Aerosmith. Of course, we avoid Christmas week, and there could be a special Christmas track or something. Can confirm Aerosmith was there in person for the opening.

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
Interesting. I have home video from 2001 or 2004 and the BGM was a general mix of classic rock songs. I thought it opened like that.

It has been just Aerosmith since at least 2006 though other than during the holidays.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Heres a brief trip report of our recent stay:

Day 1. "Sweet, theyre playing Christmas music, I feared we would only hear Frozen music"

Day 2. "Theyre playing Christmas music at this park too, but didnt we hear these songs yesterday?"

Day 3. "This is officially annoying, How many times are we gonna hear these same songs?"

Day 4. "Honey, get my d*mn phone so I can just play the Innoventions Music loop as we stroll around Epcot."

Cmdr_Crimson

Day 4. "Honey, get my d*mn phone so I can just play the Innoventions Music loop as we stroll around Epcot."

Wish to give you a Million likes on that one!
giphy.gif

Foolish Mortal

as much as I enjoy the normal day to day background loops, I love hearing the Christmas loops. so much so I listen to them on various sites.

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
as much as I enjoy the normal day to day background loops, I love hearing the Christmas loops. so much so I listen to them on various sites.
But most of them are very generic/standard Christmas music fare. How is that any different than listening to your local Christmas music station or a Christmas playlist?

That's my biggest annoyance besides replacing too many loops - in most locations there was no effort to pick selections that fit thematically. Hollywood Blvd could have scores from Christmas movies. Sunset Blvd could have jazzy 1930's/40's music. Future World could have more appropriate "new age" Christmas music. But overall, the loops are uninspired and lazy.

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
Just remembered something. DAK actually has much more thematically appropriate Christmas music. The main entrance is um, African style? I guess. And Dinorama uses cheesy songs, although they are annoying.

Foolish Mortal

But most of them are very generic/standard Christmas music fare. How is that any different than listening to your local Christmas music station or a Christmas playlist?

That's my biggest annoyance besides replacing too many loops - in most locations there was no effort to pick selections that fit thematically. Hollywood Blvd could have scores from Christmas movies. Sunset Blvd could have jazzy 1930's/40's music. Future World could have more appropriate "new age" Christmas music. But overall, the loops are uninspired and lazy.

I enjoy them......send me to a Leper colony !

shannon12

I work retail at the holidays to earn money to visit WDW each year. I have been listening to Christmas music since November 1st. My complaint is that this year they replaced Bing Crosby, Gene Autry and Nat “King” Cole with Michael Buble, Taylor Swift and Johnny Mathis??? Two months of Johnny Mathis could make Santa Claus hate Christmas music.
Thats weird, I'm 37 and my parents played the Johnny Mathis Christmas album my whole life. Actually I just looked it up and it was released in 1958!

zurgandfriend

Thats weird, I'm 37 and my parents played the Johnny Mathis Christmas album my whole life. Actually I just looked it up and it was released in 1958!

All I can say is someone in corporate must be a big Johnny Mathis fan. MY DS work in our local grocery store and his store manager is a huge fan of the Barry Manilow Christmas album, that’s all the store has been playing for a month.

Tom Morrow

Original Poster
Don't go around Christmas.... Problem solved
No. Stop. If you even read the thread or had any basic understanding of how families function, a huge portion of holiday visitors are only doing so because it's the only time the whole family could get time off.

You also completely ignored the valid argument of not enjoying the use of generic Christmas loops instead of thematically appropriate ones.

FutureCEO

No offense but everything after Halloween turns into Christmas elsewhere. Music on the radio. music at work. lights being up until March. Horrible songs and families. At least, Disney you have the lights at MGM and happiness, somewhat.

I would rather hear a classical Christmas loop than real songs. I want to kill myself after a couple Christmas songs.

Cmdr_Crimson

You also completely ignored the valid argument of not enjoying the use of generic Christmas loops instead of thematically appropriate ones.

I agree...Heck David Arkenstone who's song Papillion On wings of the Butterfly that Dominates the Innoventions loop has made some really good Christmas Music.......This is what SHOULD Play in Innoventions during christmas..It's Christmas Meets Futuristic...with a twist of charm to it..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom