Christmas Holiday phase closing watch 2018

wdwfan4ver

If you think four and a half hours is when most people give up, many opening days have had wait times of 300 minutes or more for whatever the newest ride is. And even worse, at Tokyo Disneyland, the opening day for Toy Story Mania had a six and a half hour wait. No, I'm not kidding.
I know you are not making it up. I read about in the past too. The problem is WDI created a ride with bad Capacity or what it was the people running Disney Parks and Resorts told WDI how many tracks should be made for capacity. Toy Story Midway Mania a few years ago was forced to added a 3rd track for the DHS location.

mimitchi33

Test Track is now 215 minutes, and is tied with Soarin' Around the World for the highest wait. And Spaceship Earth's wait time also dropped and is now a 75 minute wait.
With that being said...any clue what's going on at SeaWorld today? Traffic is severely backed up there as of 4:45PM EST.
75732AD8-5325-4F7A-927B-234810938641.jpeg

Disone

I know you are not making it up. I read about in the past too. The problem is WDI created a ride with bad Capacity or what it was the people running Disney Parks and Resorts told WDI how many tracks should be made for capacity. Toy Story Midway Mania a few years ago was forced to added a 3rd track for the DHS location.
Forced, really isn't the right word. Disney realize that when people ride Toy Story Mania, they generally rate Disney's Hollywood Studios higher than the people who don't ride it. Same thing goes for soaring at Epcot. The people who enjoy that attraction tend to rate epcot higher than the people who do not get on that attraction. Now that's important because people who rate a park higher have a higher tendency for a return visit and that means money.

So that is why operations decided to add a third track, and a third theater, to story story and soaring respectively.

And I give them credit for both. When you build a new ride you can offset the construction cost with a marketing campaign behind the new ride. You cannot market and expanded ride. There are no Billboards or television commercials advertising three tracks or three theaters at these attractions.

It was done purely because they know the more guess they can get on these attractions the more likely they are to have returning guests.

mimitchi33

More pictures from EpcotNYE:
DvxuImCX0AAv87J.jpg
DvxuHEJXQAEJ03-.jpg

Is that little white line the queue for Frozen?

sakeline.jpg

Yes, that's how long the line for sake is.

And there was also this tweet on the page:
baby shark.PNG

hahahahaha.PNG

I cannot believe that they actually played a children's song at an adult dance party! What's next? Are they going to play Johnny Johnny Yes Papa or the Finger Family in the next few hours? That would be a nightmare!

mimitchi33

Magic Kingdom is now available to all guests as of 5:15pm.
magickingdomisback.jpg
And remember that line I showed you guys that I thought was the one to get into SeaWorld earlier?
30B41F8D-1455-466A-812D-251EBF33284E.jpeg

Google Maps shows that this line ends exactly at the entrance to Disney Springs. I guess many people are going to have nice dinners there tonight...

disney4life2008

Interesting. Usually they give the free lunch coupon. How much are the gift cards?
If you think that's bad, Test Track currently has a 270 minute wait. Four and a half hours...and a 135-minute wait for Spaceship Earth, which is insane!
Magic Kingdom is now available to all guests as of 5:15pm.

It was worth it to get over there this afternoon. Get the $50 gift card wait out somewhere then go back this evening.

Tom Morrow

Spaceship Earth just hit 110 minutes now! Yup, almost two hours!
And over at our rival Universal...
View attachment 337441
This is hilarious because none of the other wait times are as bad as this. In fact, Forbidden Journey is 45 while Gringotts is an hour. Also, Skull Island's 70 minutes, but that's a new ride, so I can understand that. But 110 minutes for a half-decade old ride?
It's not too surprising. these are fairly typical "average busy day" wait times for Universal. Some of it is probably because they don't really do anything cool for NYE.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
It's not too surprising. these are fairly typical "average busy day" wait times for Universal. Some of it is probably because they don't really do anything cool for NYE.

The do the EVE party, I haven't been so I can't comment on it. That wait time for Minion Mayhem is actually pretty close to normal for any day that school is out. It's the first attraction inside UO and it's really really popular with kids.

Tom Morrow

The do the EVE party, I haven't been so I can't comment on it. That wait time for Minion Mayhem is actually pretty close to normal for any day that school is out. It's the first attraction inside UO and it's really really popular with kids.
I've never done the EVE party either, but it isn't included with admission and most reports I've heard from it say it's meh. They do a fireworks display in USF but it's very, very basic and half-assed. Even SeaWorld's NYE offerings completely blow it away.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I've never done the EVE party either, but it isn't included with admission and most reports I've heard from it say it's meh. They do a fireworks display in USF but it's very, very basic and half-assed. Even SeaWorld's NYE offerings completely blow it away.

Yep, I've never felt like it was worth the money when there are so many other events in and around town.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom