Cheapest off property hotels

sbkline

Original Poster
We are currently booked for 11 nights in April: April 2-7 at All Star Movies and April 7-13 at the Grand Floridian. My wife wants to stay there for our 10 year anniversary. I haven't decided for sure, but I am considering downgrading the first 5 nights from ASM to an offsite hotel in order to save more money. Just wondering what suggestions everyone might have. Currently, without any discounts, my 5 night stay at ASM is costing $940. With an expected 25% discount (Annual Passholder discount, general public discount, or whatever), the total would be a little over $700. So naturally, any downgrade would need to be able to beat those numbers.

On our first few trips when we were first married, we stayed at a Super 8 motel on Vine Street in Kissimmee which, at that time, was around $45 a night. I called that place recently and was told that it would be around $60 as night. Not bad, but I'm not sure I want to drive all the way to and from Kissimmee for 5 nights. Just wondering about some place closer, like perhaps the Crossroads area, the DTD area, etc.

Also, we are annual passholders. Part of what would make it a savings would be if AP holders park for free at the parks. If I have to pay for parking, I need to figure that into the price of the room to figure out the grand total savings vs staying at ASM as currently planned.

Disney Dawg88

If you're an Annual Passholder you do not have to pay for parking at any of the Disney Parks. You just show your Annual Pass each time you enter the parking facility. So no need to worry there.

jmcdougall

I've stayed a couple of times at Wyndham Bonnet Creek (WBC) in a 2-bedroom suite (larger than DVC 2-bedroom villas) for $120/night purchased on eBay. WBC is located next to Caribbean Beach Resort and Old Key West. With a car, it's essentially like being on property. We even have to drive under one of the "Welcome to WDW" signs to get there.:)

If you are a family, you'll appreciate the extra space. Parking there is tough, not enough spots, so I usually ended up parking in their free garage.
Is there any shuttle/bus service to the parks?

sbkline

Original Poster
What about Embassy Suites Orlando-Lake Buena vista?

I checked their website and the price looked pretty good until I found out the catch...I have two kids, and they wouldn't be allowed in the room. There was either a limit of one child per room, or a limit of only two people in a room, I can't remember which. I just know that this family of four would be too many people for their rooms.

Barb Sergent

The new Drury Inn gets very good reviews from Trip Advisor. Looks to be around $80 a night.

https://wwwc.druryhotels.com/PropertyHotelServices.aspx?Property=0152&FromBooking=true
We go to Drurys in cincinnati ohio,wonderful hotel and you can save money by eating at 5:30 at night kickback food .And great breakfast not the average hotel one.
  • Free Hot QUIKSTART® Breakfast
  • Free 5:30 Kickback® - Hot Food & Cold Beverages
  • Free Wireless Internet
  • Free 60 Minutes of Long Distance
  • Free Soda/Popcorn in Lobby (daily 3-10 pm)
  • Free Local Phone Calls

ULPO46

Don't go to Kissimee. I know that it's my favorite little place in South Florida but head west toward Clearmont. There's a Holiday Inn Express has a heated pool and pretty cheap about 80 dollars a night with task but most importantly, FREE BREAKFAST. Free Wifi and it's less than 6 miles from the main entrance to Walt Disney world and no traffic to get there unless it's a foggy day. The only thing that sucks is that the exit to get off is a pain you have to drive about half a mile before you can do a U-turn but it is home to plenty of access roads to WDW.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I rent a house or condo. Last trip 3br 2bath 125 a night greater groves this upcoming trip 4 br 3 bath condo Emerald Isle 99 a night. Want to stay on property but 12 nights in one room with 2 ds one nervous breakdown.

Britt

Yes, Wyndham Bonnet Creek has a published bus schedule. For example, in July, buses left every 30 minutes starting at 8 am for MK/Epcot, and starting at 8:15 am for DHS/DAK.
Do you happen to know if they have a shuttle to and from the airport? If so, you have just sold me!

We'd save $800 if we're able to stay there, get our tickets from Undercover Tourist! :D

6laurac

We booked two extra nights through Buena Vista Suites through a recommendation and code from Mousesavers for $92 (includes parking at hotel and shuttle)

CP_alum08

There several CHEAP options on Irlo Bronson (530) which takes about 10 minutes to drive to from MK. They are very cheap, usually around $35/night, but you absolutely get what you pay for. We are AP holders too and if we are just going for a weekend/1-night trip we'll stay at one of these sometimes but 1 night is about all we can handle. However we stayed at the Orlando Courtyard Suites once and it was very nice. I think we paid $60/night for a large 1-bedroom suite.

AP parking - I don't think it's free if you have the lowest AP, the one with blackout dates. I could be wrong but I think I can remember that "option" when we were deciding which one to get.

cedardad

Do you happen to know if they have a shuttle to and from the airport? If so, you have just sold me!

We'd save $800 if we're able to stay there, get our tickets from Undercover Tourist! :D
Just reserve a Mears shuttle from the airport and you will still save huge $$$!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom