Pre-Trip "Celebrate like its 1971" - The ultimate flashback trip - JK!!!

Hello All
It has been awhile since I posted my own trip - as opposed to commenting on someone else's trip.
But the time has come for the Max family to return to WDW.

As the title suggests this will be (almost) like a trip in 1971.

Who: Me (Max) , my DW Tricia, my two DD (Steph and Cassie) and their partners (Jordan and Shane)

Why : To celebrate the 50th Anniversary of course - and to celebrate Cassie and Shane being engaged.
(our last trip to WDW was Dec 2018 with all 6 of us when Steph and Jordan were engaged)

When: Sunday to Sunday - Oct 2nd to the 9th

How: no flights for this crew - doing it old school with a road trip from our home in Canada
I thought about trying to find this beauty to drive - but I will stick with my Highlander ( this is the "almost" like 1971 part my friends)

1662850518551.png

Agenda:

Sunday Oct 2 and Monday Oct 3- Drive to Florida - 3 capable highway drivers and we should be there late on the Monday.
Tuesday Oct 4 - Resort day - staying at the Poly (since it opened in Oct 1971)
Wednesday Oct 5 & Thursday Oct 6 - Magic Kingdom - we will only ride the rides that were there at the opening of the park
Friday Oct 7 - Beach day- we are thinking Coco beach - but not sure about the weather in October
Saturday Oct 8 & Sunday Oct 9 - drive home to Canada

Below is from my collection of ride vehicles - it is a pretty good representation of which rides we will be able to enjoy - And before anyone says anything I put in Mr Toad for fun - knowing that is is no longer available in Florida anymore!!

1662850957135.jpeg

No fancy ears for this crew - we will bring these along to get into the spirit of the trip

1662851133325.jpeg

Now if only I could figure out a way to pay 1971 prices for this trip

Hope you can join me on this adventure!

Max

Last edited:

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello all
We tossed and turned on whether to still go
Thankfully everyone came on board and..

Seth Meyers Go Time GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

We fly on Sunday early
Wake up at stupid o clock to get to the airport

High level plan
Sun Oct 2 - arrive and Epcot
Mon 3 - MK
Tues 4 - HS
Wed 6 - split up - C&S go to USF , S&J go to AK , T & Max do a resort day and maybe Epcot
Thursday 6 - AK
Fri - Epcot and then hop (tbd)
Sat - Epcot and then hop (tbd)
Sun - HS and fly out at 5pm

If you are travelling at the same time and might be in the same park please let me know and we can try to meet up

Thanks for following along
I will start a tr when we get back

Max

pkkurz

We will be there too. We arrive on Monday afternoon. Epcot on Tuesday, MK on Wednesday and HS on Thursday. Hopefully we will run into your crowd sometime during the week. Not sure what park reservations we will be able to get otherwise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom