Pre-Trip "Celebrate like its 1971" - The ultimate flashback trip - JK!!!

Hello All
It has been awhile since I posted my own trip - as opposed to commenting on someone else's trip.
But the time has come for the Max family to return to WDW.

As the title suggests this will be (almost) like a trip in 1971.

Who: Me (Max) , my DW Tricia, my two DD (Steph and Cassie) and their partners (Jordan and Shane)

Why : To celebrate the 50th Anniversary of course - and to celebrate Cassie and Shane being engaged.
(our last trip to WDW was Dec 2018 with all 6 of us when Steph and Jordan were engaged)

When: Sunday to Sunday - Oct 2nd to the 9th

How: no flights for this crew - doing it old school with a road trip from our home in Canada
I thought about trying to find this beauty to drive - but I will stick with my Highlander ( this is the "almost" like 1971 part my friends)

1662850518551.png

Agenda:

Sunday Oct 2 and Monday Oct 3- Drive to Florida - 3 capable highway drivers and we should be there late on the Monday.
Tuesday Oct 4 - Resort day - staying at the Poly (since it opened in Oct 1971)
Wednesday Oct 5 & Thursday Oct 6 - Magic Kingdom - we will only ride the rides that were there at the opening of the park
Friday Oct 7 - Beach day- we are thinking Coco beach - but not sure about the weather in October
Saturday Oct 8 & Sunday Oct 9 - drive home to Canada

Below is from my collection of ride vehicles - it is a pretty good representation of which rides we will be able to enjoy - And before anyone says anything I put in Mr Toad for fun - knowing that is is no longer available in Florida anymore!!

1662850957135.jpeg

No fancy ears for this crew - we will bring these along to get into the spirit of the trip

1662851133325.jpeg

Now if only I could figure out a way to pay 1971 prices for this trip

Hope you can join me on this adventure!

Max

Last edited:

TheMouseFan

I'm in and can't wait to hear about this trip! I'm just trying to figure out how you're going to fit 6 people and their luggage into a Highlander! You must pack very light!! Also trying to figure out which three of you are considered capable highway drivers! Anyhow, hope you have a great trip and wave to us as you pass through Ohio if you come down 75!

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Will try to emulate this run.
On one of the two days we will park in the regular lot and ride the tram(if it is available) or run across the parking lot to the TTC so that we can then take the ferry boat to MK
I'm in and love your vehicle collection!
Thank you - i have more but they are from newer rides or parades
This is gonna be awesome!

Driving Lets Go GIF by The Animal Crackers Movie
Based on space that might be Shane hanging out the back of the Highlander
Yes - but not a lot of cactus on the way from Ontario to Orlando!!
I'm in and can't wait to hear about this trip! I'm just trying to figure out how you're going to fit 6 people and their luggage into a Highlander! You must pack very light!! Also trying to figure out which three of you are considered capable highway drivers! Anyhow, hope you have a great trip and wave to us as you pass through Ohio if you come down 75!
I did a pre pack and it is tight - might have to add a roof rack - but no space from grandma on top!
0D7EDD8D-2A93-4EB1-B1A4-7F637ABF90E8.jpeg
CBBBEACF-1E96-4B62-A084-EC4DCF29A286.jpeg
CE07B3F8-3F0C-4DFE-8FFE-0172B386647F.jpeg
0EC20235-40D0-4A3F-B661-FF285FAABFFD.jpeg

national lampoons vacation such a fav GIF

I’m in. We will also be in MK on the 5th of October. I’ll keep an eye peeled for your crew. Love that you are doing all things 1971. I had my first trip to MK in 1972. It was love at first sight. Also, need to add Skyliner to your modes of transportation.
I like the idea of the skyliner!
toy story 4 bo peep GIF by Walt Disney Studios

Hi Max!

Someone mention a fun road trip to WDW?! 🥰

View attachment 665895

Count me in!
Thanks for always being there!!!
So fun! Following! :joyfull:
Thanks for joining in
^^also made in 1971. 😊
and like a fine wine you are getting better with age
Drunk Happy Hour GIF

I’m in! Love a good road trip in a Highlander! I’m glad you’re finally making it back!
Montreal Canadiens Waiting GIF by Canadiens de Montréal

🤣 🤣 🤣

Looking forward to this!!
looking forward to following this one!

Keep Going Never Give Up GIF by INTO ACTION

Max

amjt660

Premium Member
Original Poster
Just thought about a couple of things i did not mention in the first post that will be a challenge

1) All cash - we are going to all take out enough to cover for the whole week and get it converted to US dollars in advance. Not sure if they even sell travellers cheques any more? We will all have to declare at the border so that they do not think we are tying to money launder!!

2) No cell phones - we are going to have to use maps to get us there . We will bring one phone for emergencies but not use it otherwise.
Cassie was going to buy an old school polaroid insta camera for her wedding so we will bring it - so there will not be a lot of pictures in the trip report.

Max

fractal

Just thought about a couple of things i did not mention in the first post that will be a challenge

1) All cash - we are going to all take out enough to cover for the whole week and get it converted to US dollars in advance. Not sure if they even sell travellers cheques any more? We will all have to declare at the border so that they do not think we are tying to money launder!!

2) No cell phones - we are going to have to use maps to get us there . We will bring one phone for emergencies but not use it otherwise.
Cassie was going to buy an old school polaroid insta camera for her wedding so we will bring it - so there will not be a lot of pictures in the trip report.

Max
Keeping with the 1971 theme?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom