Cast members say Indiana Jones Stunt Show is closing (post from 2005)

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
disnyfan89 said:
Not to be a smart A$$ but technically no has ever died at WDW. All guest are pronounced dead at a Hospital or off property. Never on Disney ground. This by law means no one has ever died at Disney.

Linda Elaine Baker was killed in 1995 while riding Body Wars. She died on property.

Raymond Barlow was killed in 1999 when they skyway accidentally started and he lost his balance and fell. He died on property.

Javier Cruz, pluto performer, was killed in 2004 when his head was crushed by a parade float. He died on property.

There is a different between where a person died and where they are pronounced dead.

and to quiet this myth after all... to quote the New York times regarding a 1984 Plane Crash in the Epcot Parking lot:

A man was pronounced dead at the scene. A woman and a 2-year-old child died after being taken to a hospitals. The two survivors, a 3-year-old girl and a 5-year-old boy, were listed in critical condition at Orlando Regional Medical Center.

What else... the death of Marcelo Torres last year on Big Thunder mountain. Not only was he pronounced dead on property, DISNEY TOOK THE BLAME FOR IT!

Don't believe everything Disney tells you

disnyfan89

mkt said:
Linda Elaine Baker was killed in 1995 while riding Body Wars. She died on property.

Raymond Barlow was killed in 1999 when they skyway accidentally started and he lost his balance and fell. He died on property.

Javier Cruz, pluto performer, was killed in 2004 when his head was crushed by a parade float. He died on property.

There is a different between where a person died and where they are pronounced dead.

and to quiet this myth after all... to quote the New York times regarding a 1984 Plane Crash in the Epcot Parking lot:

What else... the death of Marcelo Torres last year on Big Thunder mountain. Not only was he pronounced dead on property, DISNEY TOOK THE BLAME FOR IT!

Don't believe everything Disney tells you
I stand corrected! :wave:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
goofyfan13 said:
I would take what they said with a grain of salt. Steve reported a couple days ago that IJESS was staying http://www.wdwmagic.com/disney.htm, and he normally is right on with his rumor updates.

Ugh... this show is old as dirt... time for something new.
If youve scene it once... its cool. But after the 2nd... 3rd... 4th time... etc.. its just a bore. (IMO)

imagineer boy

disnyfan89 said:
This would be pointless becuase (1)the track is already flat since the car makes all the movement that makes you feel like your on rough terain anyway and (2) The cars can already move fast (but not as fast as Test Track since this would be dangerous and pointless)

Actually, I don't think that the test track cars are EMVs ( Indy-like ride viecles ) in the rough terrain scene, you can actually see little blocks on the track that make the bumpy movement.

Valawen9

imagineer boy said:
Actually, I don't think that the test track cars are EMVs ( Indy-like ride viecles ) in the rough terrain scene, you can actually see little blocks on the track that make the bumpy movement.

Yeah you're right. I've seen a couple of specials on TV that go behind the scenes and whatnot. I think the only "Indy-like ride vehicle" we have in WDW is Dinosaur.

Plus I saw something else, a long time ago, on TV about Test Track.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
OMG DMC-12 I love your avatar!! LOL

Plus from what I tell the test track vehicle and and indy dl vehicle are different

Test track- Can go on rough terrain (beligum blocks sp) Can corner at higher speeds 20-30 mph and can go at high speeds

Indy/Dinosaur- Large slower vehicle with hydraulics that simulate rough movement and high speeds. Also takes ambient sounds to make the rider feel like they are going faster, but track is smooth and unbanked

:D :D :D

Wbnemo1

Hey,
wasn't gonna post but ya got me a bit fired up..sniffle..not fair, not fair,I'm crying shananagins here sp?! :)
Please don't talk poo about CM's, it's not right , not all CMs post to see themselves look good in the forums, perhaps some do, but not all,

I don't and won't post rumors, I post only what I know first hand, I'm also a FT cast member of 10 years with the company. With some of my friends this isnt much. There is a bonus to being here that long though. I do have lots of friends in higher places that I can get information from.

Honestly,
the only reason I came to this place was because I was invited. It's kinda cool to watch the rumor board, but some of the members are quick to smite down any post....

Not trying to toot my own horn , but things that happen in some of the parks i know about from just being in my position, and knowing the right people...but i'm not gonna spout, unless I know the facts, and it's something I can say, otherwise if I say anything at all it will be titled as a rumour. This will save me the having to be attacked on this board by those that know more than me.

for instance, did any of you know that there are many different scenarios you can face on the indiana Jones ride, I learned this from one of the people involved in the design...kinda cool I think, Granted, I've only been to DL 3 times...lol... between being a Disney Castmember and professional model maker, I don't get out much! :)

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
ok...
Tokyo- Journey to the center of the earth actually uses test track vehicles obviously modified.
Indy ride tokyo- only difference is hydraulics are not used an electronic system was used.
Paris indy ride- rollercoaster mine car with loop very unfriendly ride to kids

MickeyTigg

DMC-12 said:
If youve scene it once... its cool. But after the 2nd... 3rd... 4th time... etc.. its just a bore. (IMO)

All true....but the fact of the matter is that this show whether it needs to go or not ....isn't going anywhere.

goofyfan13

DMC-12 said:

I agree, I hardly ever go to see it anymore, but the last 2 times I've been in there, it was pretty full, and the park wasn't all that busy those days. The most recent one was fun for me though, cause I got picked to be an extra in the Cairo scene. Who would have thought doing the sprinkler would have worked. :lol:

mountainmaster1

goofyfan13 said:
I agree, I hardly ever go to see it anymore, but the last 2 times I've been in there, it was pretty full, and the park wasn't all that busy those days. The most recent one was fun for me though, cause I got picked to be an extra in the Cairo scene. Who would have thought doing the sprinkler would have worked. :lol:

That's so cool, I never would have thought to do the sprinkler, I'll have to try that next time I go...

goofyfan13

mountainmaster1 said:
That's so cool, I never would have thought to do the sprinkler, I'll have to try that next time I go...

Yea, my friend and I wanted to get in, so when the asked people to dance, I just did the first obnoxious dance that came to mind, so I busted out the sprinkler. Sure enough, she picked me and down to the stage I went. I got to do the sinister laugh too. :D

Jose Eber

Pardon my cynicism, but again, I think this post was deliberately and dishonestly started to get folks talking/thinking.

Last time I checked, didn't IJESS have more shows running per day than LMA?

As someone pointed out -- Steve's got a bit more official word than a random few castmembers.

What's next -- a monorail post on some tip off of a castmember and then having them refer to the picture with the monorail running through the Dolphin? (was there tonight -- looks like they got the paint job started).

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
Jose Eber said:
Pardon my cynicism, but again, I think this post was deliberately and dishonestly started to get folks talking/thinking.

As someone pointed out -- Steve's got a bit more official word than a random few castmembers.

What's next -- a monorail post on some tip off of a castmember and then having them refer to the picture with the monorail running through the Dolphin? (was there tonight -- looks like they got the paint job started).

Oh well, it got my creative juices going. That is something that I rarely am able to do.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
TiggerRPh said:
All true....but the fact of the matter is that this show whether it needs to go or not ....isn't going anywhere.

And thats fine. :wave:

I'm just saying... personally, the viewing of this show has gotten quite old. I did enjoy it the first and 2nd time... and then the novelty of it has just worn off over the years. Now I just skip it.

I guess the same thing could be said of any other Disney attraction or show. But I still enjoy HISTK, and Muppet Vision, repeatedly, as many times as I have seen those. *shrug*

(Again, JMO) :wave:

bgraham34

i personally like dino better. why because that feels like you are back in time. Where as Indy I dont really feel like I am in the Indy movies.

doombuggy dude

Original Poster
Pardon my cynicism.. but you are a moron!

Jose Eber said:

Dishonest..Who the **** are you. I simply posted about what I was told directly from two cast members on two different days at two different parks which matched exactly. If you think they are mistaken that's OK. My original post references my skepticism too - but to call me dishonest is out of line. What incentive is there for people to report on what they see of hear in or about the parks if MORONS like you insult them.

fillerup

doombuggy dude said:
Dishonest..Who the **** are you. I simply posted about what I was told directly from two cast members on two different days at two different parks which matched exactly. If you think they are mistaken that's OK. My original post references my skepticism too - but to call me dishonest is out of line. What incentive is there for people to report on what they see of hear in or about the parks if MORONS like you insult them.

I've got to agree with the OP here.

Jose Eber is brand new here and uses his 11th post to call someone a moron.

I don't know how active the Mods are here, but I think they should give good old Jose a stern warning, or even the boot - along with login directions to some AOL chatroom for underdeveloped 14 year olds.

The OP was reporting what he heard, along with his own skepticism. He didn't represent it as true, or anything more than a rumor.

Hey Jose - give us all a break. Contribute positively, or don't post at all. A waste of time for everyone concerned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom