Cast members say Indiana Jones Stunt Show is closing (post from 2005)

doombuggy dude

Original Poster
Hi!
For what its worth….

I was at WDW last week and had two different cast members at two different times excitedly volunteer that they recently learned the stunt show was closing. They both seemed excited about what they knew and were apparently itching to tell people about it since we were talking about something totally different both times.
We all know how unreliable some cast member info is but I thought this was interesting.

goofyfan13

I would take what they said with a grain of salt. Steve reported a couple days ago that IJESS was staying http://www.wdwmagic.com/disney.htm, and he normally is right on with his rumor updates. Interesting to hear two seperate CM's at different times say the same thing, there very well may be some new info, but I doubt it. :wave:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
hmm.. Cast Members will also say that no one has ever died in WDW, that doesn't make it true though

MickeyTigg

Front line CM's are very unreliable for information like this....on this, I'm going with Steve's information since it probably comes from a more reliable source.

bgraham34

FRD714 said:
Maybe they will put the indiana jones ride there.

The one from Disneyland in my opinion was a let down. I wish it were more Indy like. A train car ride like in the Temple of Doom would be sweet.

Valawen9

bgraham34 said:
The one from Disneyland in my opinion was a let down. I wish it were more Indy like. A train car ride like in the Temple of Doom would be sweet.

I've always thought that would make an awesome ride.:)

Jerm

bgraham34 said:

WHAT?!?!?!?! I am not one to jump on somone for what they think....BUT COME ON!!! Indy at DL is one of the best attractions ever!!!! Trust me if you talk to anyone that has been on the Indy attraction at DLP they will point you toward DL or TDS Indy as a much better attraction.

But if you ever find some of the old art work for the Indy attraction here in DL, you will see it was supposed to start with the mine car then go into the jeep transport...it was an amazing idea.

Oh as far as it closing.....not till it is a flat lot will I believe anything....

J

raven

TiggerRPh said:
Front line CM's are very unreliable for information like this....on this, I'm going with Steve's information since it probably comes from a more reliable source.
Front line? Are you talking about CM's who are at the entrance of the attraction? Because the CM's for each attraction rotate around and anyone can be up there at any given time.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
Does Test track and Indy DL use the same vehicle???

Because I was thinking you could model a test track car into a mine car and you could have some slow areas and learn things and then something goes wrong and you've gotta get outta there!!!

You race for a while and using motion simulator tech (indy DL) you could act like the mine car is out of control until your mine car is finally tossed out into the jungle and you are free!

Edit: just in cause they use the idea (doubt it) © Warlord 2005

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
raven said:
Front line? Are you talking about CM's who are at the entrance of the attraction? Because the CM's for each attraction rotate around and anyone can be up there at any given time.

Front Line as in hourly Guest Contact

Epcot82Guy

Valawen9 said:
I was thinking the Indy ride at DL had the same ride vehicle as Dinosaur in AK.

That's correct (along with the same "track" layout). The TT-to-Minecar idea would work, but it is doubtful due to the costs of those attractions (when a standard coaster-style track or other such track could actually appear more "realistic" given the environment). However, that is not to say it wouldn't happen at all.

At this point, it is likely all blue sky and just a rumor that got twisted from a "this might happen someday" to a "this is going to happen tomorrow" statement.

Yanks07

warlord said:
Does Test track and Indy DL use the same vehicle???

Because I was thinking you could model a test track car into a mine car and you could have some slow areas and learn things and then something goes wrong and you've gotta get outta there!!!

You race for a while and using motion simulator tech (indy DL) you could act like the mine car is out of control until your mine car is finally tossed out into the jungle and you are free!

Edit: just in cause they use the idea (doubt it) © Warlord 2005

Dino and Indy use the same ride Vehicle, but I love your Idea better!!! :brick:

BoyXE

As of last month, there was no closure notice given for Indy. However, the cast are on 6 month contracts only now, as opposed to the usual yearly contracts, since the motor show opened. This comes directly from Indy's cast members, and as I said, it's last month's info. But it should be around for at least another few months at the very least. I personally don't think 2 stunt shows are necessary in one park, even though they are pretty different, but I would prefer to see them do something with the unused spot in MGM before they raze Indy just for the sake of appearances. It's sad that the ABC theatre has been empty so long.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
I was thinking if it was possible you could mold the two technologies together (test track vehicle and indy/dinosaur vehicle) you could make a really fast ride that felt dangerous, but is really safe because the track would be on flat terrain but it felt bumpy and old

disnyfan89

mkt said:
hmm.. Cast Members will also say that no one has ever died in WDW, that doesn't make it true though
Not to be a smart A$$ but technically no has ever died at WDW. All guest are pronounced dead at a Hospital or off property. Never on Disney ground. This by law means no one has ever died at Disney.

warlord said:
I was thinking if it was possible you could mold the two technologies together (test track vehicle and indy/dinosaur vehicle) you could make a really fast ride that felt dangerous, but is really safe because the track would be on flat terrain but it felt bumpy and old
This would be pointless becuase (1)the track is already flat since the car makes all the movement that makes you feel like your on rough terain anyway and (2) The cars can already move fast (but not as fast as Test Track since this would be dangerous and pointless)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom