Cast member comp ticket questions

horizons82

Original Poster
I will be using a cast member complimentary tickets for an upcoming trip to WDW. I have not used one of the cast member comp tickets since before the RFID tickets and the new FP+ went into effect. As of right now I have the printed e-tickets in my hand and here are my questions...
1. Can I assume that I can no longer take these paper tickets directly to the main gate and that I'll need to turn them in at the ticket booths to get the RFID tickets to get into the park?
2. Since I have a ticket number on the comp ticket, does anyone know if I'll be able to link this to my MDE and be able to make FP plans in advance? If so, how far in advance can I do this?
3. Do the cast member comp tickets have black-out dates? If so, how could I find out what days these are since I'm not a CM and can do not have access to the CM Hub?
Thanks for the help with any of these questions!

(I am actually an AP, but the pass I have is the weekday select pass and I'll be needing to go to the park over a weekend, which is why I'm asking about the CM comp tickets, which I have not used in quite a while).

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
1. Yes take them to a ticket kiosk to get the RFID card.
2. I believe you can only do same same day at the kiosks.
3. No black out dates for the comp tickets.

natatomic

1. Yes take them to a ticket kiosk to get the RFID card.
2. I believe you can only do same same day at the kiosks.
3. No black out dates for the comp tickets.
I have heard that comp tickets are the only CM tickets that CAN be linked to MDE. I haven't done it myself, but I have heard it from a couple of people. I say just try it!

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Yes, comp tickets can be linked to an account, which allows for FP+ selection up to 7 days in advance without a resort reservation. Keep in mind that you still need a previously linked RFID card or Magicband for entry. I'm not sure if a ticket window would be able to give you one if you didn't.

horizons82

Original Poster
Thank you all for the answers...will try to link to my MDE and see what happens. I do also have a resort reservation, so it will be interesting to see what happens with FP+ plans.

horizons82

Original Poster
Update...

I was able to link the paper tickets to my MDE account with no problem.

I am also able to now make FP+ plans for weekends (which I could not do previously until I linked the comp tickets because we have the weekday select passes where FP+ on weekends was blocked out before.

Oddly enough, even though our resort stay is in Sept, I am able to make FP+ arrangements all the way through the end of October, including for all of those weekends when our passes wouldn't normally be good for.

Here's a follow up question...now that I have the comp ticket linked to my account, would I not be able to just use the MagicBand that is linked to MDE to get in at the gate instead of having to turn the ticket in at the ticket kiosk? Or do I still have to turn the ticket in for a RFID ticket?

hopemax

Here's a follow up question...now that I have the comp ticket linked to my account, would I not be able to just use the MagicBand that is linked to MDE to get in at the gate instead of having to turn the ticket in at the ticket kiosk? Or do I still have to turn the ticket in for a RFID ticket?

Yes, you can just use the Magic Band. According, to the usage instructions on the HUB.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom