Casey's Corner closing for lengthy refurbishment in the new year

cgulls

the timing is interesting. I was trying to get an ADR at the Plaza for Presidents Day week. But there is no availability for any day after Feb 15. Not that the Reservations CMs have actual facts but one did say she had some information that showed that the Plaza would be under refurb beginning that week (I didn't ask for an end date). That seems to tie in with the re-opening of Caseys.

Magenta Panther

One of the great things about Casey's is the bleachers. I've often gotten one of Casey's great hot dogs and sat down on the bleachers and watched those clips of old Disney shorts. A very nice way to have lunch. I wish the refurb would expand on that area. The Magic Kingdom needs more INDOOR areas to sit down and rest your feet and have a snack. Walt once said that he didn't want anyone to get sore feet while exploring Disneyland. I can imagine the fit he'd throw if he saw the lack of rest areas in WDW.

manamah

Hopefully they can move the huge air handler on the roof that makes any view/picture in that direction look absolutely horrible. Perhaps it was just temporary (for the last few years) and this rehab will fix something that Walt would never let happen. That is just cheapness. It may be gone now (haven't been for 1.5 years), so fingers crossed.

Communicore

One of the great things about Casey's is the bleachers. I've often gotten one of Casey's great hot dogs and sat down on the bleachers and watched those clips of old Disney shorts. A very nice way to have lunch. I wish the refurb would expand on that area. The Magic Kingdom needs more INDOOR areas to sit down and rest your feet and have a snack. Walt once said that he didn't want anyone to get sore feet while exploring Disneyland. I can imagine the fit he'd throw if he saw the lack of rest areas in WDW.

I agree with you but those could very well be taken down. I dunno, just my gut feeling.

Rob562

Hopefully they can move the huge air handler on the roof that makes any view/picture in that direction look absolutely horrible. Perhaps it was just temporary (for the last few years) and this rehab will fix something that Walt would never let happen. That is just cheapness. It may be gone now (haven't been for 1.5 years), so fingers crossed.

I think you're thinking of the original rooftop locations for the castle projectors. Those have since been relocated farther back on the roof and can't be seen from 99% of the angles you'd be looking from. (I think walking out from the castle breezeway is about the only angle you'd still be able to see them)

Air handlers for the Main Street buildings are either way back on the rooftops or behind the buildings at ground level.

-Rob

Skooterkid

I hate Casey's. When I was working as a Custodian on Main Street it always seemed to be the zone which got the dirtiest the quickest. Every time I'd go there it seemed so messy, although I might have become a bit fussy after working as a Custodian.. Oh, and it was the place where we'd get the most 'code V's! Those hot dogs are just too much, and then everyone crams them full of more stuff at the toppings bar. If you go there, please eat sensibly! Anyway, I hope this refurbishment involves a thorough clean-up and rethink!

Communicore

I don't recall if there are any other places in WDW that has free cheese sauce and sauerkraut. With Casey's closing temporarily where would people get their free cheese sauce and sauerkraut meals? Yes, I see people ask for a plate, and fill it up with sauerkraut and top it with tons of cheese and eat it with a fork at Casey's. I also see people just have sauerkraut and relish by itself, with no cheese. Some people who like to splurge purchase just the bun by itself and make a sauerkraut and cheese sauce sandwich.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Of course those will be taken down, You could put a merch cart there

Since1976

I don't recall if there are any other places in WDW that has free cheese sauce and sauerkraut. With Casey's closing temporarily where would people get their free cheese sauce and sauerkraut meals? Yes, I see people ask for a plate, and fill it up with sauerkraut and top it with tons of cheese and eat it with a fork at Casey's. I also see people just have sauerkraut and relish by itself, with no cheese. Some people who like to splurge purchase just the bun by itself and make a sauerkraut and cheese sauce sandwich.

I have never heard of this!

I suppose you could do the same thing with the fixins bar over at Pecos Bills. Onions, jalapenos, pickles, ketchup, mustard, mayo -- now THAT's a free meal!

Bocabear

I think they must be closing to gear up for even smaller hot dogs and smaller paper plates... The Disney Parks Blog will spin this as Casey's new Healthier Options which will now be a dollar more expensive. They will state the new Healthy Dogs tm have 18% less fat and calories...omitting the fact that they are 18% smaller...

Bairstow

Nathan's or Wienerschnitzel, here we come!

Or if recent trends continue...

soniclogo.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom