Carousel of Progress REHAB

General Grizz

My ultimate desire: Glorify it, add a new orchestra vs. the wimpy current music. . . update the final scene. . . change and modernize the AAs, keep the same style, though.

Something is telling me they're not going to invest in new AAs, etc., unless Disney has REALLY made this secret! We can only hope. :)

aimster

I like the idea of the "Progressland" post-show, but that worked well at Disneyland because their carousel building is 2 stories. I think the one in Florida is only one story (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

I'd love to see a revamp of America Sings from Disneyland done of they do close Carousel of Progress. That was the best animatronic show ever!

Figment1986

The COP building is one story with the peoplemover going through the attic.....

I hope they do Rehab this attraction and not Rehab like Super Star Limo and Rocket Rods.....

(They can do alot of monor work to make the palce clean and freash... and update the last scene...)

raven

The demise of COP is uncertain still and I hope they never close it. It is one of my favorite classic attractions. I know that they are trying to update Tomorrowland somewhat and COP just doesnt seem to fit anymore. This is why I wish they would move COP over to EPCOT and put it near Inoventions or something. I think it would get a better responce and appreciation.

PeterAlt

raven said:
The demise of COP is uncertain still and I hope they never close it. It is one of my favorite classic attractions. I know that they are trying to update Tomorrowland somewhat and COP just doesnt seem to fit anymore. This is why I wish they would move COP over to EPCOT and put it near Inoventions or something. I think it would get a better responce and appreciation.

I've read on Screamscape and Jim Hill that Imagineers have proposals for attractions that would replace COP, including Little Green Men and one called Flying Saucers. I wonder if this is the time when they go to corporate and say "Since you'll be closing COP for rehab on your schedule. and if you have some extra capital, may we propose... (whatever they have up their sleeves)".

DarkMeasures

I hope that the ride will soon cover the whole century and that there are no60 year gaps left. The final scene can be updated too because the year 2000 did pass and it isn't exactly what the imagineers though as in Bill Gates is the only person with voiceactivated appliances, laser disks failed, and virtual reality failed.

Instead, there should be no voice application, kid and grandma playing Dreamcast, and DVDs.

Lennyg512

A rehab for the Carousel of Progress would be nice. But I can live without the attraction. Unless they add new animatronics and an updated soundtrack, I'll be happy with it. Otherwise, don't keep it on a seasonal operation, that just means that it will soon be removed.

Just my thoughts.

lnsemsf

DarkMeasures said:
Instead, there should be no voice application, kid and grandma playing Dreamcast, and DVDs.

Dreamcast? Thats like sooo 1999. Not exactly a sign of the progress of today.

I still love my dreamcast, but it failed big and Sega doesn't even make console systems anymore. Maybe have Microsoft pay to have an Xbox thrown in there on display, it's the only American video game system around, and it's supposed to be the American family throughout the years, an American system would make the most sense.

maxime29

Premium Member
I'm hoping this rehab means sprucing up the attaction (and I hope it occurs AFTER my December trip :) ). It would be nice if a sponsor came back on board. General Electric made the most sense with the attraction of course, since they have existed since the dawn of time (aka: late 1800's), and the attaction goes back to the family of the 1900's.

PhotoDave219

phlydude said:
I heard that maybe the Smithsonian was going to take the whole thing off of Disney's hands to put in their museums in Washington. Don't know if it's true or not but I will be sure to ride it next week!
Exactly where would they put it in DC? Which one? Museum of American History? Where in there? They just had a major rehab of the museum a few years back, i'd love to know where they'd have room to put it. :fork:

The Smithsonian has much more items to display then it has room. Hense why they built the Air and Space Annex out at Dulles.

As for COP, i cant confirm this rumor but i cant deny it either. I wouldnt like to see it close, but i think it needs a rehab. As for a new attraction in Fantasyland that doesnt have a cartoon/movie tie-in, I hope so.

glantern

I hate to say it, but CoP has never done anything for me. I siimply just skipped it for many years. Just re-experienced it again on our last trip in June and it still did nothing for me. Where is the "magic" in this attraction? Other than it was one of Walt's babies?

Shaman

Didn't they, way back when, say that 20K Leagues sub ride was going down for a rehab...and we all know what really happened after that.... :(

I just hope that if it IS a rehab they do rehab it, and not close it down...somehow it all just seems too good to be true...

*crosses fingers for CoP rehab*

phlydude

PhotoDave219 said:
Exactly where would they put it in DC? Which one? Museum of American History? Where in there? They just had a major rehab of the museum a few years back, i'd love to know where they'd have room to put it. :fork:

The Smithsonian has much more items to display then it has room. Hense why they built the Air and Space Annex out at Dulles.

As for COP, i cant confirm this rumor but i cant deny it either. I wouldnt like to see it close, but i think it needs a rehab. As for a new attraction in Fantasyland that doesnt have a cartoon/movie tie-in, I hope so.

What I heard was that they might break it up and set up individual pieces. Don't know where they would put it, especially if they tried to keep it whole. I agree that the American History museum is over packed and too busy.

General Grizz

phlydude said:
What I heard was that they might break it up and set up individual pieces. Don't know where they would put it, especially if they tried to keep it whole. I agree that the American History museum is over packed and too busy.
I'd hate to see this. Walt wanted the ride to be open in his parks -- and serve as a living tribute! I think we should see CoP re-updated, reglorified - new AAs, music, building, etc. -- and test more public reception. Its year run has been successful in Tomorrowland. :)

Shaman

General Grizz said:
I'd hate to see this. Walt wanted the ride to be open in his parks -- and serve as a living tribute! I think we should see CoP re-updated, reglorified - new AAs, music, building, etc. -- and test more public reception. Its year run has been successful in Tomorrowland. :)
You know what would be great...if they made the carousel bigger....and added more scenes, while enhancing the current ones. All CoP needs is a little TLC...and well, a resonable (no cheap) rehab budget...

tigsmom

objr said:
You know what would be great...if they made the carousel bigger....and added more scenes, while enhancing the current ones. All CoP needs is a little TLC...and well, a resonable (no cheap) rehab budget...

My DH was just saying that a scene or two should be added before the last one. There is too much of a time jump. How great would that be? A bigger & better CoP! :sohappy:

Tinkerbell1220

I am a former CM and I have been around the backstage area of the magic kingdom and I cant imagine them having room to put anything else besides COP back their. I think rehab wise the best that can be hoped for is a general fix up of all the scenes and maybe a new final scene. As for the little green men saucer rumors, those rumors apply more to timekeeper then they do COP. Timekeeper, while I dont think its as bad as people say, I wouldnt miss it too much if it left.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom