Can't decide between Coronado and Port Orleans Riverside

Bacon

It depends
The coronado feels better yet the breakfast there is no good maybe stop at walmart and get $1 donut holes?

Buzz2001

Noellikechristmas

This was my very same debate when I went in March of 2015. I ended up at POR and was very happy with that. I was told that CSR had more conventions and was sometimes more adult-ish. I loved the theme. Another bonus that made me favor POR was the boat to Disney Springs. You can resort hop if you wanted to and I believe there is a spa at one of those resorts, if you were interested. Anything I don't need to take a bus for if a plus, in my opinion.

Both resorts have multiple internal bus stops, on top of the main stop. I would always walk to the main stop and never had an issue with buses. I also ate at Boat wrights and it was very good, as well as the food court. I would go back in a heart beat.

Cowboy Steve

The pool area at Coronado Springs is nicer for kids - but be advised it is a loooong walk from most of the rooms to the food court/front desk/general store area. I prefer the Port Orleans French Quarter, but I do not have children... lol. It is quiet and has a huge pool... it just isn't as nice as CS's pool. We did not even notice the convention center area at CS to be honest - though be advised you never know what is going to be held at that convention center. We were there when a cheerleading competition was going on so there were literally thousands of tween to teen aged girls jumping, tumbling, cheering, practicing, etc.

Family B

I've stayed at both. Would definitely go back to CSR in a heartbeat with a business class room. (This resort is what I would call Deluxe Lite.). We didn't feel that it being a convention hotel impacted the quality of the stay. In fact because of that during the day it felt rather secluded. POR is beautiful and we will definitely be back there soon for a longer stay. DS preferred the pool at CSR. I don't think there is a wrong choice.

Nick Pappagiorgio

I would pick Riverside 99 times out of 100. First off all you can ride the boat to DS, so that cuts out one bus trip and gives you a lot more food option. Stayed at Coronado once and hated how spread out it was. Riverside has that problem a bit as well, but if you get a decent room near the main building you are also relatively close to the pool, and boat transport.

laben594

We have stayed at Port Orleans several times and one of the most recent trips we went on I booked Coronado. I read terrible reviews and I personally know people who booked their and then left.so we changed it back to Port Orleans again and stayed on the safe side, we were of course very happy :)

disneydad1000

I am bias to POR , love the grounds the kids love ole man island, the arcade is awesome, very close to the parks, the boat to disney springs was the clincher for us. Look at like this, you'll be in Disney so seriously you can't go wrong either way. We've stayed at all the mods. each one has it's own charm. This year I was out voted 3 to1. So we are going to CBR..my kids love the pool. Like I said any day in Disney is better than ANY DAY at work!!!

SteamboatJoe

I have only ever been to Coronado but if you are concerned about bus access and distance to food, just stay in one of the business class rooms. Cabana 9A. You get access to a little lounge that is open in the morning and evening. My wife and I ate breakfast in the lounge every morning. It was mostly coffee, bananas, muffins, juice, and continental cereal but it was enough to get us going for the day. We were on the dining plan and had a big meal planned every day at one of the parks. That left us with a quick service to use for either lunch or dinner (whichever wasn't our sit down meal that day) as well as numerous snack credits. The snack credits were great for a mid-morning fill up to tide us over until lunch.

Even if you do want to eat at Peppermill's I really didn't think the walk was that bad. Nor was the walk to the pool. The bridge that went directly to it was almost right across the way from our building. If you have kids I would understand how a walk of even minor length can be difficult but if you stay at the location I suggested, I really don't think you'd have a problem at all.

There are bus stops in each section of the resort but, again if upi stay in Cabana 9A it is about a 30 second walk to the main pick-up at El Centro.

I've always found the whole complaint about it being a convention hotel odd. I guess seeing business type people with lanyards just didn't bother me much.

The lack of Disney any over the top Disney theming could be a legitimate concern at Coronado if you have kids expecting that. There are touches of it but to my understanding not nearly as prominent as most of the other resorts.

It's funny, however, the wife and I are thinking about staying at Riverside in 2017. Not because we disliked Coronado but more or less because we just want to see and experience something different.

WASaMATTR

I stayed at both. Both are beautiful in the own special way.
Coronado is near Animal Kingdom so you are somewhat isolated from the other parks.
The main pool was empty and quiet.
Port Oleans is closer to Disney Springs and like another poster stated the boat ride is simply awesome and feels like an attraction.

Can't lose with either but decide on location and what is available close by. Good luck and enjoy.

patch553

the pool swings my vote for Coronado,both great resorts each with there own little quirks but the dig site pool is a real delight

LindsaySue2

I've stayed at Riverside and I will be staying at French Quarter next month. Personally I love both those resorts and the boat ride to Disney Springs (formerly Downtown Disney) is wonderful. Haven't stayed at Coronado but I think the size of that resort is its one drawback. But I'va also stayed in the villas and the values and every Disney resort I have stayed at has been clean and staff has been polite and prompt and I any issues I had were dealt with. Go with a good attitude and you will love it

surfsupdon

I have stayed at both and Riverside has the easy win.

It is funny how just one issue can completely make or break a stay. For us, we will not return to Coronado! The room had several issues with plumbing and draining. Which is fine, that happens. We informed front desk and maintenance. But the issue was not fixed and we were never offered a different room.

If the plumbing, leaking, and dripping were the only problem, we would return. But the way we were treated by the front desk--told it was fixed because maintenance was already here (then explain why the tub is filled with black water) and not given another room even when we asked, means that this family will never return. Poor treatment. Did not feel like a valued Guest. Bleh Coronado!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom