Can't decide between Coronado and Port Orleans Riverside

JohnD

Can't go wrong with either one. The neat thing about Riverside is it's like having two resorts inside one resort. Pick the fancy Magnolia mansions or the more rustic Alligator Bayou. Can't go wrong with water access to DS either.

wannabeBelle

First off, what a great problem to have!!! The two resorts are both pretty awesome and are lovely. These are usually the two resorts I look for first for my own trips. Coronado has more food choices than Riverside, Riverside is set up a touch better in terms of the layout of the resort. Riverside might not have a discount for your time frame though so depending on what offers you are looking at, that might make a difference. That having been said Coronado Springs Business Class does get my first choice usually as it fits my plans most of the time!! Marie

math mathson

Both are great. I like Riverside better but around that time free dining is offered at Coronado and not Riverside. I had plans to stay at Riverside in December but changed to Coronado to get free dining. So depending on when you're arriving you might be able to snag free dining. Saved my family of 4 about $1100.

PrincessRachelT

I've stayed at both and really enjoyed both!! It all depends on what theme you'll enjoy more. Personally I enjoyed the theming at POR more than the Mexican theme, but the rooms at both are lovely. Coronado seemed much bigger, but the pool was really cool! We didn't use the pool at POR, but I really liked walking along the river path.

DManRightHere

Both are well themed. I don't think you can go wrong with either, unless there is a large convention going on at Coronado.

If you want a good food court, I would choose PO. You can also take the boat to DS's from PO.

Personally I would just choose the cheapest because I like both equally.

3KDaddy

We have not visited Coronado, but our family of five stayed at Riverside three years ago (with kids age 8, 5 & 5 at the time) and when we decided it was time for the family to return to WDW this fall, we booked Riverside again without hesitation.

However, as others have mentioned, the option to get free Disney Dining this time around elsewhere forced us to move to Caribbean Beach. I'm sure we'll enjoy it, but we were really looking forward to staying at Riverside again. Needing a room that will sleep 5 limits our options a fair bit!

That having been said, we will DEFINITELY be visiting Riverside while we are in Orlando this fall to see Yeeha Bob at the River Roost! To me, his show is the best kept secret at WDW! (And free!)

wannabeBelle

That having been said, we will DEFINITELY be visiting Riverside while we are in Orlando this fall to see Yeeha Bob at the River Roost! To me, his show is the best kept secret at WDW! (And free!)
If Yeeha Bob has a night off on the weekends, head on upriver to French Quarter to catch Jason and Billy at Scat Cat's Lounge It is also free and has become very popular!! Jason and Billy will also be performing with the band Alberta Bound in the Canadian Pavilion in EPCOT starting tomorrow. Marie

Seanual757

Riverside IMHO I have stayed at both we just prefer the over atmosphere and layout of Riverside as well as the location close to everything.

Mandy M.

I adore Coronado. Never felt the convention aspect at all. This will be our 3rd stay there. The Invictus games are going on while there, this upcoming trip so may be a bit more crowded than we are used to, but again, we love it! Great place to wander around and watch the fireworks, and if you drive like we do, really close and easy to get to the parks. Cabanas are our favorite spot, more relaxed, yet still close to main pool. :)

Where are the best places to watch the fireworks and which ones can you see? My family and I are staying there for the first time in a preferred room in August. Super excited to see the resort!

DisneyGigi

Where are the best places to watch the fireworks and which ones can you see? My family and I are staying there for the first time in a preferred room in August. Super excited to see the resort!
There is a bench, right in front of the bridge that crosses the lake, we sat there to watch them, you can see some of Illuminations and could see Frozen Fireworks from there. It is so pretty reflecting off the water. You can also see them from the balconies of Cabana 2nd floor really well, but my fave spot is that bridge bench. :)

disneygirl1

I could not disagree more with your travel agent. Having stayed at both POR and CSR, I would chose CSR in a heart beat. Both are beautiful resorts, but POR is just too big for us. We love CSR, atmosphere is GREAT! Love the tropical island feel! Never once did I feel like CSR was too business like or not Disney enough b/c its a convention resort. You honestly can no go wrong with either resort, but if I were in your shoes I go with Coronado in a minute!

TXDisney

Price wise they're very similar. So that's not a factor. I prefer POR, but you can't go wrong with Coronado. I just always request to be near the lobby.

Mickey5150

To make it easy for anyone, there are NO bad resorts in Walt Disney World. Definitely some are better than others but every resort is great. Stay where your family wants, you won't be disappointed.

jlsHouston

One thing we like about CSR is the fact they have the gym and small spa area which none of the other moderates have. Having never stayed at POR I can't say I prefer CSR over POR, but I can say that CSR is a beautiful resort, the buses are rarely packed and run steadily from the resort to the parks and the feature pool is great.

SAV

When we stayed at CSR my daughter was 13 and son was 9. They both loved the resort. My wife and I did as well. It actually felt like a Mexico vacation in a WDW vacation for us. The grounds are beautiful, especially at night. The kids loved the entire Dig Site area(pool, hot tub, game room, ping pong, smores). It has just enough Disney, but not over the top Disney.

Wdw62114

Stayed at both. Coronado in my opinion is the most beautiful resort on property next to poly. Walk to lobby is a lil far if your way in the back but you can use the resort buses because the last stop is the lobby. The pepper market is amazing and for a late night drink, Rix Bar Is really amazing. Vote for Coronado by a landslide

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom