Can I park at Poly to go to MK?

Ok, here is the deal. On our first day at WDW we have an ADR for Cindy's Royal Table at 810 am. We are staying offsite the night before and will be getting up, registering at POR and proceeding to MK.

Ideally we would drive to MK, take monorail or boat and proceed to the castle. However, I was wondering if, after registering, I would be able to gain access to Poly, park, hop on the monorail to MK and save myself 40 minutes in the early morning. :)

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. :sohappy:

clc053103

they do check your parking pass at the gate. You are not allowed to park there for MK, it's only for poly guests and guests dining at poly.
Which sorta makes sense, if people were allowed to park there for MK, everyone would!

Upvote 0

tikiman

How is parking at the Polynesian vs. parking at the TTC going to save you 40 minutes? I must not be reading it correctly.

As far as parking at the resort and not being a guest they will ask for your name at the gate and if you are not a guest they will issue you a 3 hour pass (usually for those dinning at the resort). If the pass expires they can tow your car. It is rare that they will but I have seen it happen.

Last time I was not staying there and drove over to the resort they asked me if I had a reservation and I.D.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I am assuming that the 40 minutes is coming from checking in at PORS to get your parking pass. If that is the case send me a PM and I will tell you how to get around it.

Upvote 0

Wolfclan Dan

Original Poster
How is parking at the Polynesian vs. parking at the TTC going to save you 40 minutes? I must not be reading it correctly.

As far as parking at the resort and not being a guest they will ask for your name at the gate and if you are not a guest they will issue you a 3 hour pass (usually for those dinning at the resort). If the pass expires they can tow your car. It is rare that they will but I have seen it happen.

Last time I was not staying there and drove over to the resort they asked me if I had a reservation and I.D.

Perhaps I am a little extreme with my 40 min calculation! I am assuming it would be quicker to get to MK by avoiding the TTC altogether. Either bus, walk or monorail from elsewhere.

Bus would probably be the best bet, if they are running that early. I plan on checking in at POR roughly around 0700 hours.

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

Buses begin running around 7:15 or so just to handle people with early park breakfasts.

Yea, you shouldnt have any issues with checking in at POR and taking Disney Transportation to the park. You can checkin as early as 6:30 I think.

Are you just staying one night at a off site resort before checking in to POR. If so unless you are getting a room for darn near free why not stay at somewhere like PoP or even POR. Even at POR you might spend 75 bucks more but you will be all ready to go on that morning. If you get in early enough the night before you could either hang out and enjoy the resort or go to DTD. If you stayed at PoP just checkout and leave your car there, go to MK then go back later and drive over to POR. You could even split up and one go to get the car and the other go to POR and checkin. By the time you get there with the car you could go straight to the room and save time. Believe me I have done the drive all the way there and stay just outside the World thing many times untill I did whats above. Now I just check in to where ever I stay and start off with a full day. In the long run it seems to make your trip seem longer.

Upvote 0

Wolfclan Dan

Original Poster
Yea, you shouldnt have any issues with checking in at POR and taking Disney Transportation to the park. You can checkin as early as 6:30 I think.

Are you just staying one night at a off site resort before checking in to POR.

Yes we are staying just one night off site, as that is the night we arrive via car from New York. We would not really be in the mood for much other than a pizza and sleep.

Upvote 0

DougK

Tikiman, you should have your own personalized parking space at the Polynesian. Your website is better than anything Disney could ever do to promote that resort!

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

Yes we are staying just one night off site, as that is the night we arrive via car from New York. We would not really be in the mood for much other than a pizza and sleep.

Unless theres a significant savings by staying off site why not just go ahead and checkin to POR. You could check in, unpack and get settled in, and grab a bite at the food court and get in bed early and fall asleap to the Disney in room tv. In the morning you wont have to get up quite as early to checkout,drive to POR, checkin, and get to your ADR in the MK. Just get up and go. If you have to get up so early in the AM you might exhausted by evening and not get a full day in. Trust me, we used to do as your planning....used to.

Upvote 0

tikiman

Perhaps I am a little extreme with my 40 min calculation! I am assuming it would be quicker to get to MK by avoiding the TTC altogether. Either bus, walk or monorail from elsewhere.

Bus would probably be the best bet, if they are running that early. I plan on checking in at POR roughly around 0700 hours.

Going to the Polynesian and avoiding the TTC would not be quicker. The resort monorail would have to still stop at the GF before the MK but if you took the express monorail from the TTC it would stop at the MK.

Upvote 0

tikiman

Tikiman, you should have your own personalized parking space at the Polynesian. Your website is better than anything Disney could ever do to promote that resort!

HA...not personalized but I know a few secret spots. It usually is not hard to park at the Polyensian anyway. I find that other resort parking lots are much farther from the rooms.

Aloha

Steve

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

I'd also suggest you at least opt to spend the night in a Value resort. If it weren't for your breakfast reservations, I probably wouldn't; I understand the desire to save a few bucks the night you arrive if it's so late you won't be able to do much besides eat & sleep. Besides, for the money you spend to stay onsite, you could wind up staying at a very nice hotel, maybe with nice onsite dining options or a spa (or you could save cash by Motel 6-ing it).

But you're setting yourself up for a fairly stressful first day because of those breakfast ADRs. As others have said, parking in the Poly really won't save you much, if any, time over parking in the TTC lot (that time of morning, so early before park opening, the lots shouldn't be so crazy). You'd be better off TRYING to park at the Contemporary and walking to to the MK, and there's no guarantee that will work, especially if you've yet to check in to POR and don't have a parking permit. They really do frown on people using resort lots to bypass the theme park lots, though depending on the staff, the season, the day, and other factors you may encounter leniency, but I wouldn't count on it.

On the other hand, you spend a night at Pop, you have the luxury (heh) of already being onsite in the morning. One less trip to make. Bell Services will send your bags to POR if you arrange it beforehand. You can still get a pizza if you want, or anything else in the food court. Take a dip in the pool. You could also take a bus to DTD, if you want. You could drive over to FW, eat at Trails' End and see a movie. (Assuming of course, you don't arrive TOO late) You have some nice low-key options to ease into the WDW state of mind. But most importantly, you can wake up in the morning, shower & bus to MK. When you're done in the MK, some of you can bus to POR and check in (again, Bell Svcs should have sent your bags over, or soon will), and the others can go back to Pop to pick up the car & drive over to POR. By that time, the rest of your family will either be in the room or close to it. In your position, that's what I'd try to do.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom