California Photos

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
San Francisco
2013 Wild West Road Trip 1019.JPG

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Hey, the California Science Center is great, but there is an entry fee.

They have some other great space stuff in their general galleries. The shuttle exhibit is excellent. They have flight used tires on exhibit, the shuttle toilet(!), and lots more.

Not the toilet:

NASA insignia by Adam Solomon, on Flickr

Yeah, you have to pay to see the shuttle, but entry to the Science Center itself is free. Coincidentally, I just came from the Science Center a few weeks ago. Good times.

Parking isn't free, however.

ForeverAnna

They were able to save most of the pier at Seal Beach. It's just the restaurant at the end that's gone and it had been closed for years.

jmuboy

This is the Palace Theatre on Broadway in Downtown Los Angeles, one of many old movie palaces on the block. The theatre is still used and was featured in Michael Jackson's "Thriller" video:

View attachment 118280

View attachment 118281

View attachment 118283

The Palace, specifically the upper section towards the roof is used for Olivia Pope's office in ABC's Scandal. A green screen is used for the background to depict Washington D.C./the White House.

View attachment 118285
The Haye Adams Hotel would be in this spot in the real DC (DC native and CA fanboy )

Practical Pig

Backyard Buck.jpg

Greetings DLR forum denizens. I'm using this post to introduce myself. I'm 59 year old guy from Northern California. Northern enough that we think of San Francisco as being on the central coast. The only Disney Parks I've been to are DL and DCA, but my husband, a legacy runner at DLR, and I are planning a trip to Disneyland Parc Paris this September, where he will run the half-marathon, and I won't.

I'm not really a cute character kind of guy. My moniker is in honor of my father-in-law, who long ago donned the Practical Pig costume at Disneyland, among other jobs there. He's in very poor, and diminishing health now, and I wanted to pay him tribute.

I've been reading this forum for a couple of years now, and I don't have the depth of experience with Disney that so many of you have, nor the degree of historical knowledge, but of the sites I've been reading, I like the group here the best. I have been making more frequent trips to DLR over the past twenty years and have managed to develop a few opinions.;)

The picture that I hope I've been successful in attaching is one I took in my backyard up here in Humboldt County, California, near the coast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom