Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin closing for month long refurbishment Jan-Feb 2016

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Any chance they replace the guns with guns that work like DL's? I hate how they are attached, whereas in DL's they are removable.

Incomudro

I like this ride, though often times it seems as though I'm shooting at nothing.
I have a lot of fun with my family here.
I will say, that the last time I went on it the que was so dirty that it looked like a movie theatre after the crowd let out.
I have never seen anything at WDW that dirty.

DinoInstitute

First thing I noticed on the wall when I walked into the indoor portion of the queue (about 2 days ago):
image.jpg
image.jpg

Not to mention it was just all around dirty/aged. I tried getting a few pictures but they didn't really come out all that well or show how it looked.

I rode it twice, the first time it worked fine for me. My friend in another vehicle complained that her gun wasn't all that sensitive/picking up everything, but I think she was just bad at it :p And the second time it broke down. We weren't evacuated or anything, but we say there for a bit, and when it resumed, our scores reset.
image.jpg

Last edited:

Marlins1

To those of you that like this ride better than Toy Story Mania, I have one thing to say- I agree!
I agree completely. Feels more like a real ride that goes somewhere instead of just moving you from screen to screen. Having control over the spin is a great touch. I like the ride already but If they gave it a good cleanup and improved the gun and target interaction this would be must do for me every time.

Texas84

I wish they would stop the spinning when I'm aiming for that robot. I haven't been able to max both guns yet. :)

Andsome

Hopefully they can put in a clean print of the film that plays in the "Speed Tunnel." From what I've seen of it lately, it looks rather rough. Not asking for a conversion to Digital (Film > Digital any day of the week), but they should clean that up.

Donaldfan1934

That's a stretch. Expect nothing more than a general refurb.
I know, but it should come someday hopefully. I know that they do rides and upgrades outside the states so they can keep down the production costs before they bring them here. An example of this is Soarin' Over the Horizon.

GymLeaderPhil

There are so many worn out elements that date back to Dreamflight (that have no story connection at all to Toy Story or the Buzz Lightyear animated series.)

As I said earlier, nobody and I mean nobody had any idea how popular this attraction would be when they opened it.

I'd love to see Burbank throw some much needed capital to WDI for them to flex their muscles and completely overhaul the attraction in anticipation of the next Toy Story sequel. Not just clean and bring the attraction to show quality standards, but also to address the glaring park operation problems this attraction suffers from.

There's a reason why a Cast Member has to lower the bar on this omnimover unlike others.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom