Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin closing for month long refurbishment Jan-Feb 2016

lnsemsf

Original Poster
These dates come direct from Disney and are subject to change. This is one of many newly published refurbishments and I want to get the information out there for all planning their trips.

Buzz Lightyear is scheduled to be closed from January 15-February 11, 2016.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
It's not gonna get two much in four weeks. Just a basic refurb. I'm sure the broken guns will be fixed and cars cleaned along with work on the chronically filthy queue.
Having used FP+ for TSMM 3x on our last trip, we didn't even bother riding Buzz at all.
For us, there really is no reason to waste 30-45 min in that icky stand-by queue, just to experience a vastly inferior shooter ride.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I've always preferred this ride over Toy Story Mania.. Something about that target shooting-lazer point gun feeling. And it's still popular as well. The best thing about this attraction is how fast the line moves with or without people in fastpass! The inside queue is really short and the outside queue doesn't take long to get inside either.

I've personally never felt this attraction or queue line room as "icky" like everyone says it is... Seems fine to me and always works great whenever I ride it. I guess I'm just lucky? The only thing that glitches sometimes are the guns in general. They should just replace the gun system with a new one. Then it would be perfectly fine. Honestly, this attraction is better than most of the other options in Tomorrowland.

brb1006

This is MUCH needed! I don't even bother with Buzz anymore- I can never see what I am "aiming" at from beginning to end.. the red dots are a joke. I am still surprised at how popular this is in its current state.
I remember aiming at the Z's but sometimes the scores wouldn't make it in.

brb1006

Disneyland has a far superior version. Im kinda over this attraction and hope its' days are numbered. It needs tons of work. It's really dated too.
They really need to update the section where you attack Zurg's flying ship in a huge room before fighting Zurg along with Buzz near the final areas. The screen looks pretty blurry and hard to see where you shot the Z's.

Matt_Black

Disneyland has a far superior version. Im kinda over this attraction and hope its' days are numbered. It needs tons of work. It's really dated too.

Said it before, say it again. Retheme it to Hero's Duty from Wreck-It Ralph. Give it a pre-show where Calhoun is about to give her spiel when she's interrupted...

Felix: Honey, I made sandwiches!
Calhoun: Not now, dear. I'm with the annon-cay odder-fay.
Felix: Oh, pshaw! You know an army marches on it's stomach!
Calhoun: ... Tuna fish?
Felix: Of course!
Calhoun: Okay, I'll be home for dinner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom