Browsing style not working?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Over the last day or two whilst browsing the full site on iPad my background is plain white as opposed to blue. Changing the browsing style in preferences has no effect.

@wdwmagic is it broken? Anyone else have the same problem?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Over the last day or two whilst browsing the full site on iPad my background is plain white as opposed to blue. Changing the browsing style in preferences has no effect.

@wdwmagic is it broken? Anyone else have the same problem?
No problems that I am aware of. Can you upload a screenshot?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
No problems that I am aware of. Can you upload a screenshot?
Indeed

image.jpg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
That is the standard style you are seeing there.

So choosing any of the styles is having no impact at all?

Are you using Safari?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
That is the standard style you are seeing there.

So choosing any of the styles is having no impact at all?

Are you using Safari?
Sorry, missed your reply.

Yep, every style looks like this. Safari on ipad. Only started happening this week.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Sorry, missed your reply.

Yep, every style looks like this. Safari on ipad. Only started happening this week.
Go into Settings, Safari, Advanced, Website Data.

In there find forums.wdwmagic.com, then click EDIT in the top right, and then hit the minus link by the side of forums.wdwmagic.com

See if that has any impact.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Nope. Bizzare. I've noticed if I change the style and save it it doesn't save. Going back to preferences and default style is chosen again.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Nope. Bizzare. I've noticed if I change the style and save it it doesn't save. Going back to preferences and default style is chosen again.
Does it make any difference where you set the style? In preferences vs the bottom left corner of any screen.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Ok good news. I'll investigate the preferences issue.
There must be a new glitch in the system I guess.

I have noticed if you click an alert where you are quoted by someone, it takes you to that page but with the white background again. Clicking back to the main forum page from there and everything is normal again.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
There must be a new glitch in the system I guess.

I have noticed if you click an alert where you are quoted by someone, it takes you to that page but with the white background again. Clicking back to the main forum page from there and everything is normal again.
I've reset your style to the default from my end. Can you select the one you want only from the bottom left corner, and see if that now stays consistent.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Nope! Stays blue sometimes, click on an alert quote and back to white.

But then if I click on the forum title tree at the top (help and announcements) that opens with the chosen style.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

But then if I click on the forum title tree at the top (help and announcements) that opens with the chosen style.
Can you do a log out, (click on your username in the top right corner), restart the iPad fully, by holding down the home button and power button until you see the white apple logo, then log back in again.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

Aha, OK dont do that. I have been able to reproduce the problem this end. I'll be back in touch.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
This is definitely a bug. Unfortunately I can't track it down at the moment.

The strange thing is that its only just started. There has not been any changes within the last couple of weeks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom