Bringing your own food to the food court!!

Tony the Tigger

Really because who would ever think Disney prepares there ribs with butter .. I didn’t until I told them about my dairy allergy . Would you? Shocking it’s isnt that easy because dairy is actually in a lot of stuff .

I don’t eat dairy. It’s very easy to prepare the same dish or a comparable dish without butter.

John park hopper

I am not sure it is not allowed as there are rental services in Orlando that will rent and deliver a microwave to WDW resorts. Just checked out a rental service "Baby's Best Friend" rent all kinds of stuff including microwaves delivered

Last edited:

disney4life2008

Writing, calling, whatevering to Disney is usually fruitless. Most of the CMs on the phone aren't at WDW. Even if you are in your resort room and call "the front desk" it goes to a call center. They may be able to tell you the correct answer for the rack room rate for a given night, but other things are hit or miss. If you call 3 times, odds are you will get 3 different answers.

Similar toasters, condiments may be different, seating is bigger. And I think the values may have more toasters/microwaves just since they are bigger food courts. Look at some of the pictures in this gallery -> http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/end-zone-food-court/gallery/20dec2013-new-end-zone-food-court.htm to see how much seating there is. And they usually have more outside as well.

The condiments/fountain drinks are usually similar, but will vary by resort. For instance I usually find that the values only have 2-3 types of tea bags out, and even then you may need to ask at the register for the tea. But the deluxes may have 8-10 styles, and often left them out all day. And even with things like the Rapid Fill systems, for a while at least some of the managers at the deluxes disabled the system as they were getting to many complaints, but I've never heard of that happening at the values.

Just so you know the food court seating area is being refurbished. It looks like they are decreasing space not adding

JennSmith

When I am at a place like Disney and I can't find a place to sit and eat I try not to get frustrated. I know if I just keep walking around I will eventually find spot. I've been at the parks even on super crowded days and had to search for maybe 10 mins. If I see people at a table without food I assume someone else is ordering, (that doesn't bother me but to each their own), if I even notice that there are people eating food they brought in I honestly could not care less. The only thing that bugs me a little is when you see people eating, there's like 4 of them, yet they're sitting at two 4 tops pushed together. Like separate those tables lol! I'm talking about times when they've been there long enough that everyone can see they're not waiting on anyone else to join them. They just wanna spread out. Ugh.

Bpmorley

When I am at a place like Disney and I can't find a place to sit and eat I try not to get frustrated. I know if I just keep walking around I will eventually find spot. I've been at the parks even on super crowded days and had to search for maybe 10 mins. If I see people at a table without food I assume someone else is ordering, (that doesn't bother me but to each their own), if I even notice that there are people eating food they brought in I honestly could not care less. The only thing that bugs me a little is when you see people eating, there's like 4 of them, yet they're sitting at two 4 tops pushed together. Like separate those tables lol! I'm talking about times when they've been there long enough that everyone can see they're not waiting on anyone else to join them. They just wanna spread out. Ugh.
Any table that's not at capacity i will walk to up and sit. Nobody owns the table. I've made some friends, and some foes over this. If someone says they're waiting for people I ask if they are actually here or they are on the way? If someone is in line getting food I won't take the seat, but if they say they are not even in the park/resort, I'm sitting down.

JennSmith

Any table that's not at capacity i will walk to up and sit. Nobody owns the table. I've made some friends, and some foes over this. If someone says they're waiting for people I ask if they are actually here or they are on the way? If someone is in line getting food I won't take the seat, but if they say they are not even in the park/resort, I'm sitting down.
Haha that's awesome. If I knew I would like the people I would do that. Okay...I wish I could do that. I'm a little shy at first. I'd just be afraid I'd dislike them or there'd be confrontation which I hate. :confused:

Walt d

Now that Iger knows people are freeloading on the condiments, expect them to be put behind glass and handed out ONLY to paying customers...
Bob will have a microwave hooked to a bicycle that you need to pedal to run the microwave. You can use all you want ..

jaklgreen

I have done that too, and as a solo traveler I have invited people to share the table with me.

Bpmorley

Haha that's awesome. If I knew I would like the people I would do that. Okay...I wish I could do that. I'm a little shy at first. I'd just be afraid I'd dislike them or there'd be confrontation which I hate. :confused:
I don't know if I'm going to like the people or not. Sometimes I do it just because I see people spread out without consideration for anyone else. Those are the ones I'm glad to be annoying. Sometimes I'm tired of looking and see 2 people sitting on one side of a table, there is plenty of room for us too.

Lensman

I've always thought that if there's no alternative spots to "spot 3" on a 4 person table, it's fair game. If I'm alone and desperate, I'll think about "spot 4" but I'll seriously analyze the situation because it's more of an imposition - and I'll always ask first.

But I'd never push in to a booth! (but I don't think you're talking about that situation! lol)

I can see people being a little hesitant about you/me taking "spot 4" on a 4-person table, but have you ever had anyone object to you taking "spot 3"?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom