Bringing your own food to the food court!!

Lensman

I forgot to share my opinion on the OT.

We almost always stay in a villa but even then we sometimes forget to buy things like napkins, salt, or pepper. I tend to be a "spirit of the law" kind of guy plus my grandmother was an unabashed napkin thief - I don't think I ever saw her buy napkins as we lived down the block from a McDonalds. We spent a bunch of money there so I don't feel that bad but I have dim memories of her getting her free coffee and a bunch of napkins in the morning when she would wait there for me to catch the bus to school.

Anyway, I have no problem with people using the toaster or a few condiments. Life is too short to be worrying about the small stuff.

Regarding eating in the park we usually try to book TS or eat QS but we have gotten ambitious and made sandwiches and such in the villa to eat in the parks. I think we tend to end up eating them while waiting in a standby line rather than using a table. Sometimes we end up not eating them at all and having them go to waste or as a snack during a parade or fireworks. I think that might violate some food safety rule but we lived.

Dad 2 M & M

I'm likely wasting my time, but I'll disagree with this. A CS restaurant is not a food court, it's a restaurant. The seating is for paying customers first. Someone who has just bought their lunch at the counter should have priority over people who have brought picnic meals. Would you bring Publix sandwiches into a McDonald's? This is why they have started stationing CMs at the seating area entrances during the busier meal times. If you want to bring your own food, eat at off times, or find a bench or a low wall outside for your picnic. I absolutely hate seeing people wandering around with rapidly cooling hot meals on their trays while others are sitting at tables chowing down on their homemade PB&Js.
What's your take on peeps sitting/occupying tables WITHOUT any food (either brought in or purchased at the CS)? That happens more than peeps bringing food in......

Dad 2 M & M

I remember when we could barely afford a 4 day ticket, stayed at a $30 a night mess on 192 (whichever popped up cheapest on Priceline) stopped at McDonald's on the way in for breakfast, and went to Cici's pizza buffet for $5.99 at night (with a buy 1 buffet, get one free coupon from the hotel lobby.)

If I had kids, I may have had to be more creative.

I have empathy for folks who truly can't afford it. Not so much for people who think they are entitled and take advantage of a situation.
Well done......I can't grasp ANY justification for taking condiments when not purchasing items......

A bit off the subject here, but when checking in an All-Star earlier this month, the CS asked if we would be parking a car overnight.....we could have answered yes or no...and it was a one night stay so we would NOT have been back the next day and used our Magic Band to buzz back in the Resort......we answered honestly and paid the fee

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom