Breaking News: Space Mountain Rehab

CaptainMichael

I deem that any thread over 4 pages should be closed due to unsportmanlike conduct .. haha. Think about it though .. what was the last long thread that was civilized or stuck to topic?

Please, stay on-topic or go to chit-chat. I'd like to know the contents of the thread without reading 18 pages of whining.

My settings only have it at 7 pages. Change your settings and you'll have less pages to read:wave:

:p

jt04

Original Poster
Personally, I say that Disney has taken the complaints of guests about attractions being down for refurb far too seriously. They need to adequately announce the refurbs so the guests are aware before they come, but not apologize for it. Otherwise we wind up in the state we've been in.

Personally when it comes to SM, while I'll miss it, I'm ok with it being down for 24 months if it means we have a top level SM when we're done. If you're going to close an attraction for an extended amount of time then you need to do the job right no matter how much it costs.

I agree and Disney is sticking with the "open by Christmas" for obvious reasons IMO. But it is important they get this right and I am confident they will. This will be closer to the HM refurb than the SSE refurb.

WDW1974

I had a good time at WDW, but there were a lot of things I noticed that I could comment on about the resort as a whole, but I won't because I don't want to take this thread too far off topic. :)

Oh, go ahead ... the off-topic drifts are usually far more illuminating, entertaining and interesting than the original topic.

Besides, how many ways are there to say 'Space Mountain in its current state is pathetic?'

jt04

Original Poster
Just realized what may be going on. Disney seems to be timing the new Space Mountain to the opening of TWWoHP. Could be an interesting competition!:king:

marsrunner

Oh, go ahead ... the off-topic drifts are usually far more illuminating, entertaining and interesting than the original topic.

Besides, how many ways are there to say 'Space Mountain in its current state is pathetic?'

I love reading threads that go off topic, but I'm new here so I don't want to step on any toes. :)
I'll probably post a long-ish seperate thread. I have a lot to say...not that I expect it will be anything that hasn't been said before. But I need to get some things off my chest about the trip, and my family wouldn't be interested in hearing. They'd never been and it was the greatest trip of their lives, and I don't want to spoil that with what might possibly be perceived as negativity.

Oh, and I think there are about 36 ways to say Space Mountain currently sucks.

jt04

Original Poster
I love reading threads that go off topic, but I'm new here so I don't want to step on any toes. :)
I'll probably post a long-ish seperate thread. I have a lot to say...not that I expect it will be anything that hasn't been said before. But I need to get some things off my chest about the trip, and my family wouldn't be interested in hearing. They'd never been and it was the greatest trip of their lives, and I don't want to spoil that with what might possibly be perceived as negativity.

Hmmm, can you wait until after the shareholders meeting???

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL::lookaroun:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

yeti

The IASW refurb was great, POTC was lousy, HM was fantastic (probably because that was Holmes' first role as a CM), CJB was impressive, and Space Mt. has escaped ridiculous cost-cutting and looks to be getting a decent refurb. Eh, 4 out of 5 ain't bad.

I'd say 4.5 out of 5. The new audio was good (despite the fact that every second word was switched to "Jack Sparrow"), and correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't many of the Audio Animatronics new as well?

SirGoofy

Just realized what may be going on. Disney seems to be timing the new Space Mountain to the opening of TWWoHP. Could be an interesting competition!:king:

That wouldn't even be close to a competition. HP would kick the snot out of Space Mountain.

mpaul32001

Absolutely - but only as additions to plus existing environments, such as Lucky and the Mobile Lab. Crush fits in well with its environment as an addition to SeaBase, but others that take the place of full blown attractions... when an attractions technology overides any form of storytelling and immersion something is wrong. See Tomorrowland.

*Cough* Stitch *Cough*

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I meant that Spidey and IoA was supposed to significantly effect Disney as a whole.
Blame Universals messed up marketing for that. The biggest mistake USO has made since opening too early in 1990. When Eisenr and Wells heard about "7 E Rides opening on the same day" they were quaking in their boots.

jt04

Original Poster
Blame Universals messed up marketing for that. The biggest mistake USO has made since opening too early in 1990. When Eisenr and Wells heard about "7 E Rides opening on the same day" they were quaking in their boots.

I'm sure they were. One of the best things Eisner ever did was show up one day and tour IoA. I love that story. And I'm sure he said to himself, "nope, no Disney magic here". :D

CaptainMichael

I'm sure they were. One of the best things Eisner ever did was show up one day and tour IoA. I love that story. And I'm sure he said to himself, "nope, no Disney magic here". :D

That would have meant missing Port of Entry, Lost Continent, and Jurassic Park. None of those 3 would look out of place in a Disney theme park.

jt04

Original Poster
That would have meant missing Port of Entry, Lost Continent, and Jurassic Park. None of those 3 would look out of place in a Disney theme park.

You might be right but outside of a Disney park it just isn't the same. Lost continent probably comes the closest and the PoE street and shops are impressive. The rest is just OK and JP has never impressed me except the architecture of the CS restaurant.

Do you think Mr Iger will tour TWWoHP when it opens?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom