Breaking News: New Theme for 2009

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Honestly, I'm glad all of those changes are being made, other than the lack of expansion, Four for a Dollar, and Fantasmic! The rest of that stuff I can do (or prefer to do) without.

Cosmo

:wave:My only problem with WDW is that they don't have a lifetime pass!!! If they did, i'd be glad to hand over various body parts to get one. As it is, I'll be gladly, happily and perpetually renewing my annual pass....:wave:

disnyfan89

To all those that can not see the Wrong in Disney, you are like the old science project if you put a frog in boiling water it will jump out but if you leave it in water and gradually move the heat up it will stay in till it boils. Same thing at Disney some people would say that Disney is the best even when there is no paint on Main Street and the Railroad is in such disrepair that the train derails. I just wish we were able to vent a bit and not be put down because We see it differant than You do. Walt wanted it to be the best in the World, not just better.:brick:I for one will say I have never traveled anywhere else and do not have a lot of plans to but I can see the bad and the good. I walk out of my own house and see when it needs paint or the grass needs to be mowed. I do not say well it still looks like the best on the block, I work to keep it better then it was.:hammer:

It's not that we can't see the wrong in Disney but that we continue to have faith in Disney and know that even if today looks grim and horrible tomorrow is another chance. Today Main Street may be chipped and ugly but tomorrow just like magic it could look like new again.
Do I have things I dislike about Disney? Of course, just look at my signature. Did I like the fact Stitch replaced my favorite attraction? No, and I certainly don't think it's a good attraction either, but I have faith that one day Disney will replace it with something else.
It's when individuals on this forum do nothing but complain about changes without seeing the big picture that bugs me. There is always a reason and a choice behind these changes. For the most part we will never truly know why that change was made but for many changes we can step back and look at the big picture and see why Fant! is only showing two times a week or why PI is closing.
Disney can and indeed goes wrong but you have to have the faith that the company will recognize that fact and will fix it to the best of their ability. That's what being a fan is all about. You have to take the good with the bad. If my favorite baseball team has a bad season I don't give up on them! I sit there and root for them and say "there is always next game" or "there is always next season."

You gotta have Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust!

sbkline

Many of you need to just be happy that you have a trip coming up soon. Chances are, we won't be back for a little while. We're hoping to be pregnant with child #2 sometime this year, which would mean that the extra money and vacation time for next year will go to pay for baby expenses and not a trip to WDW. Not to mention putting child #1 in preschool next year, which will cost money. I'm still holding out hope that we may POSSIBLY be able to go, but it looks doubtful.

So for those of you who are complaining and are going back soon, just be glad that you have the ability to go. Because some of us may have to wait a while. ;)

Timmay

I think we need to add a new section to the forums for whining and complaining. It could be called "a place to vent" :brick:

Or, better yet...why not just shut the whole forum down. That way you would never have to be subjected to it.

Disneykidder

Disney is still amazing to me and I will continue to go year after year. Cut backs are a part of life. If you don't want to go, then don't. As someone else has said...less crowds/lines for the rest of us.:)

It's not that we can't see the wrong in Disney but that we continue to have faith in Disney and know that even if today looks grim and horrible tomorrow is another chance. Today Main Street may be chipped and ugly but tomorrow just like magic it could look like new again.
Do I have things I dislike about Disney? Of course, just look at my signature. Did I like the fact Stitch replaced my favorite attraction? No, and I certainly don't think it's a good attraction either, but I have faith that one day Disney will replace it with something else.
It's when individuals on this forum do nothing but complain about changes without seeing the big picture that bugs me. There is always a reason and a choice behind these changes. For the most part we will never truly know why that change was made but for many changes we can step back and look at the big picture and see why Fant! is only showing two times a week or why PI is closing.
Disney can and indeed goes wrong but you have to have the faith that the company will recognize that fact and will fix it to the best of their ability. That's what being a fan is all about. You have to take the good with the bad. If my favorite baseball team has a bad season I don't give up on them! I sit there and root for them and say "there is always next game" or "there is always next season."

You gotta have Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust!

I guess I have faith that if there is not someone to see the mistakes and the bad then nothing would get fixed, that is why they have maintenance crews and someone for PR if not then no one would see the flaws to fix. I will allways have a great love of Disney but I also can see the flaws. At my job I try to do better then the time before not just have faith it may get better. I guess after hearing all that do not see flaws that this is why so many poeple stay with a cheating spouse and just hope for the best!:veryconfu

autigger

Disney is really cutting a lot of the special extras. A few more the author of this thread did not mention are Woody's Round-up, Liberty Tree Character Dinner, and teh family fiun time parade.

Why is Universal spending so much on new attractions (Harry Potter's Wizard World, New Rocket roller coaster, Simpsons Ride, ect.) and Sea World is building tons of new stuff (Aquatica, Manta, etc.). Meanwhile, Disney is cutting so much?

My family loves Disney, but it is seriously costing more and more for less and less. We will probably try something different next year and I doubt we are the only ones to feel this way.

Disney’s cost cutting based on their fears of lower attendance numbers in 2009 is becoming a self fulfilling prophecy.

wedway71

I know the poster made the thread in Jest so I wont bash anyone.

I did think about it though, I have never been to PI and dont really care about the other things that are leaving.

To me, WDW is still the best place inthe entire world.

imagineer boy

The people who say that those who are "whining and complaining" always characterize people who hate Disney or somthing. That's not true, while I've been unhappy about some of the current changes at WDW, I'll never hate it, and will always have fun every time I go. Disney just has so much potential to add better things and amazing rides with innovative features in terms of story and technology and right now they're not living up to that. Sure, there have been some successes like E:E and Philhagic but they pail compared to so many things that have gone wrong like SGE, MILF, and SSE rehab and many others. And some of those things that have gone wrong were based on random guest interviews. If you want to build a good ride, just make something you would enjoy, and odds are, guests will love it too.

Oh well, just my 2 cents.

The OP was hilarious and true.:lol: However, I certainly won't be missing McDonalds...

DVC Dave

Following the great success of The Year(s) of a Million(s of) Dreams promotion. Disney has decided to promote the all new, wish inspired: The Year of a Million Cutbacks. You'll be amazed as we destroy Pleasure Island, remove the Pocohontas show, fire 4 for a Dollar, cut Fantasmic back to two totally cram packed nights, and take away the Chicken fingers and McDonalds stand. Don't worry, we've been thinking of your needs, so we raised the prices on tickets, cut out those unecessary tips and appetizers on the dining plans. built many more DVC units and added some Nemo sheets to some rooms. Don't worry about tripping over characters scattered throughout the parks. We promise not to clutter your walk ways with new attractions being built either. Join us in 2009 for the Year of a Million Cutbacks!

Whew, feel so much better now.

WOW...as a business owner I know that sometimes cut backs are necessary.... its just thats its Disney World do we all sit and talk about it ...
I am still going to have fun and support the happiest place on earth.

HMF

Sure, there have been some successes like E:E and Philhagic but they pail compared to so many things that have gone wrong like SGE, MILF, and SSE rehab and many others. And some of those things that have gone wrong were based on random guest interviews.
I absolutley agree

CoasterKing

:D

I will always go and will always love it no matter what..:)

That attitude is exactly why Disney knows they can raise prices and cut back on services, because people will still come. Heck, why not !!! If I ran a business and knew that even if I continually raised prices and cut back on services and I wouldn't lose customers, then I would be stupid not too!!

If Disney reads these boards and sees people saying "I'll always go no matter what.", then their mouths must be watering.

It is only when people start to complain, either by words or actions, that they will step back and say "Hey, we may need to reconsider our policy."

How much longer before we see $100 a day ticket??? If Disney keeps reading that "Hey it's Disney, they can do whatever and we''ll still pay.", then it will be much sooner than anyone wants.

Something to think about anyway.

CoasterKing:king:

That attitude is exactly why Disney knows they can raise prices and cut back on services, because people will still come. Heck, why not !!! If I ran a business and knew that even if I continually raised prices and cut back on services and I wouldn't lose customers, then I would be stupid not too!!

If Disney reads these boards and sees people saying "I'll always go no matter what.", then their mouths must be watering.

It is only when people start to complain, either by words or actions, that they will step back and say "Hey, we may need to reconsider our policy."

How much longer before we see $100 a day ticket??? If Disney keeps reading that "Hey it's Disney, they can do whatever and we''ll still pay.", then it will be much sooner than anyone wants.

Something to think about anyway.

CoasterKing:king:
WOW, I am so thankful to read someone else I agree with!
I aslo Love Disney To death but I feel that we should make sure that they are held to the higher standard. If people would read the book "Remembering Walt" (Favorite Memories of Walt Disney) it seems that everyone remembers how Walt was about everything, to be the best that it could. He even had his artist learn from Salvidor Dali, Frank Llyod Wright, etc That goes to show he did not feal that he was the best with out learning from all aspects.

she-luvs-disney

since i have six people in my family, we really feel the pinch in our wallet when prices go up and they actually cut back instead of giving something for the price hike. i love wdw and would love to go more often than i get to go now but i am not sure we will be able to afford to go after my next trip in 2009. unfortunately that will probably be our last trip.:cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom