Breaking News: New Theme for 2009

kennygman

Original Poster
Following the great success of The Year(s) of a Million(s of) Dreams promotion. Disney has decided to promote the all new, wish inspired: The Year of a Million Cutbacks. You'll be amazed as we destroy Pleasure Island, remove the Pocohontas show, fire 4 for a Dollar, cut Fantasmic back to two totally cram packed nights, and take away the Chicken fingers and McDonalds stand. Don't worry, we've been thinking of your needs, so we raised the prices on tickets, cut out those unecessary tips and appetizers on the dining plans. built many more DVC units and added some Nemo sheets to some rooms. Don't worry about tripping over characters scattered throughout the parks. We promise not to clutter your walk ways with new attractions being built either. Join us in 2009 for the Year of a Million Cutbacks!

Whew, feel so much better now.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Oooh = can't wait.

Is it true that at the end of A Million Cutbacks, Disney is returning all land back to its natural, pre Disney Florida swampland format ?

maggiegrace1

I will still go and have an amazing time..:)

So..everyone else stay home and complain and make it less crowded for me and my family...:)

maggiegrace1

*high five*:sohappy:

It's still Disney-I'm thrilled to go.
:D
AMEN!..

I know that there are a lot of things that are changing and that a lot of people are not happy..but it is still Disney...

There is still so much to do and so much to eat and see and just everything that it really should not matter that much.

Also..new things can be good...:)

I will always go and will always love it no matter what..:)

EPCOT Explorer

:D
AMEN!..

I know that there are a lot of things that are changing and that a lot of people are not happy..but it is still Disney...

There is still so much to do and so much to eat and see and just everything that it really should not matter that much.

Also..new things can be good...:)

I will always go and will always love it no matter what..:)

Great minds think alike.:animwink:

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I will still go and have an amazing time..:)

So..everyone else stay home and complain and make it less crowded for me and my family...:)

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

With all the cutbacks they just did....why did I just drop $500 on an annual pass when I live 1500 miles away...?

Mousewashed and PROUD of it!!

luvGoofy

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

With all the cutbacks they just did....why did I just drop $500 on an annual pass when I live 1500 miles away...?

Mousewashed and PROUD of it!!

Don't feel bad--I just did the same thing only a little worse. I just dropped $1800. on annual passes for the whole family.

Wouldn't change it for anything though:D

wdwfan22

I think we need to add a new section to the forums for whining and complaining. It could be called "a place to vent" :brick:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I think we need to add a new section to the forums for whining and complaining. It could be called "a place to vent" :brick:

thinking-023.GIF

C&D

Wallow in your misery naysayers, it's still the place to be. (really gets tired hearing the complaint department every freaking day)

kennygman

Original Poster
I wrote this with my tongue stuck deeply in my cheek. Attempt to laugh a bit at all the complaining. I agree that it's still a wonderful place to visit.

tn1999

Is it true that there is a hiring freeze too? or is that just a rumor? At least Disney is taking an uncharacteristicly proactive approach to the forecasted economy hit. This may be why the company is STILL profitable. I dont agree though. I have a decidedly 'Build it and they will come approach'. As in, change Fantasmic to 4 shows every night like when the show premiered.

disnyfan89

Is removing McD's fry carts all that tragic?

As for the cuts at the studio, opening a new attraction featuring live equity performers and a unchanged entertainment budget means the money has to come from some where? Has anyone even thought if American Idol will feature a live band or not? Fant! will be fine two nights a week in Jan. Just like the old days when Fant! wasn't shown every night. Come the busy season everything will be back to normal. Heaven knows the second showing I saw the other night wasn't needed! Only three sections 3/4 full makes for a big waste of Money IMHO. Wouldn't you rather spend money on something you know is playing to a full house?

The Pocahontas show closing, is that also a big loss? Small theatre featuring a performer who sings off key and talks to adolescent plants about North American Animals doesn't sound that great to me. Wouldn't a show featuring the animals on their own merits be more entertaining ala Flights of Wonder? Rumor has a big investment going into AK soon, and wouldn't a new permanent land be better than a tempo one?

Also, if history is correct, their isn't a new attraction every year.

As for Ticket Prices, I give you the tested Supply and Demand!

JLW11Hi

As long as they add a section for people to complain about the complainers.

And while they are at it, a section to complain about the complainers that are complaining about the complainers.

:lol:

I think there are a lot of folks here, me included, that have probably had their fill of what Disney can offer them at the moment, whether they realize it or not. In the mean time, there are probably a ton of families who have yet to even experience WDW who will love seeing all the current attractions for the first time. Nature will take its course, and eventually Disney will start making more than they are cutting. Such is the way things are.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom