Brainstorming a new Universal theme park

Suchomimus

What about a island of adventure like park but exploring digital worlds like the ones found in Nintendo games and dreamworks movies.
That was already suggested, but I'm all in for the video games part because having another park with movies for Universal Orlando would just be redundant.

Jtuck

That was already suggested, but I'm all in for the video games part because having another park with movies for Universal Orlando would just be redundant.

I like this idea of a park where video games are the main focus, I feel like while IOA has a more of a old feel and the Studios is more modern a park about video games could have a more futuristic vibe based more on Discovery and Innovation. Properties like Mario and Zelda could really add to this feel I think.

StevenU

Original Poster
I like this idea of a park where video games are the main focus, I feel like while IOA has a more of a old feel and the Studios is more modern a park about video games could have a more futuristic vibe based more on Discovery and Innovation. Properties like Mario and Zelda could really add to this feel I think.
Video game park sounds cool!

Jtuck

I was thinking about this video game park some more and timeless properties that would fit well into it and I thought of a Tomb Raider themed land. The area would be themed around an ancient south american city which has recently been discovered by a small team of archeologists lead by famed adventurer Lara Croft. Temples, lush greenery, and vast caves would help tell the story of the supernatural history of this once great place. The centerpiece of the land would be a dark ride utilizing a more advanced version of the EMV ride vehicles found in Indiana Jones Adventure and Dinosaur. In this attraction you would help Lara and her archeologist team as they investigate the mystical secrets surrounding the ancient city and those who once inhabited it while looking for an important artifact.

Also side note - A microland themed to Resident Evil could also be fun and more adult oriented.

StevenU

Original Poster
I mean... if were brainstorming a whole park centered around video games then I think its fair to use properties Universal doesn't own, but could have the ability to license for an attractions in this theoretical park.
I think we should stick with Nintendo but maybe we could branch off into other territories too.

We could even have a classic arcade land:happy:

CraniumCommand89

img_kv.jpg

spacemt354

Chili's
Would any of you be interested in bringing these ideas over to the other Universal thread for SYWTBAI? You might enjoy it as it's similar to the Club 32 open brainstorming threads and you can probably use some of these ideas over there in the teams!

StevenU

Original Poster
Would any of you be interested in bringing these ideas over to the other Universal thread for SYWTBAI? You might enjoy it as it's similar to the Club 32 open brainstorming threads and you can probably use some of these ideas over there in the teams!
Maybe! If it allows this sure. Thanks for the offer.:happy:

The90skid

I mean... if were brainstorming a whole park centered around video games then I think its fair to use properties Universal doesn't own, but could have the ability to license for an attractions in this theoretical park.
I specifically brought up the PS2 mascots because I don't think I have ever seen any theme park ideas based on these IP's. I'm all about new frontiers!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom