Brainstorming a new Universal theme park

StevenU

Original Poster
latest

If Universal ever made a 3rd park in Orlando or another park around the world, I'd want them to embrace thrills and more cutting edge attractions with IPs that haven't been seen before in theme parks.

To start off, if we could design our own Universal theme park, what new IPs would you want to see?My new ones would be Pacific Rim and more Nintendo @Brer Oswald :happy:

Suchomimus

latest

If Universal ever made a 3rd park in Orlando or another park around the world, I'd want them to embrace thrills and more cutting edge attractions with IPs that haven't been seen before in theme parks.

To start off, if we could design our own Universal theme park, what new IPs would you want to see?My new ones would be Pacific Rim and more Nintendo @Brer Oswald :happy:
More Dreamworks and Monsters for starters, however on putting IPs that Universal doesn't have the rights to; let's just say;
JUCH0mJ.gif

StevenU

Original Poster
Dumb and Dumber To land:p
dumb-and-dumber-to.jpg

In all seriousness though -- Pacific Rim sounds cool. Do you have an idea for what kind of attraction it would be?
I'm thinking it could be a KUKA arm ride but with 3D glasses and the ability to move your arms to make the Jaegers move and battle different monsters.

Jtuck

I immediately thought of Pacific Rim too as it could make a really great attraction. Though I think if Universal could get their hands on the rights for properties like the Planet of the Apes franchise or Star Trek they could make some truly amazing rides and areas based around them. Btw Ghostbusters should totally make its return to Orlando in this proposed 3rd park!

Twilight_Roxas

A motion simulator dark ride like Spiderman & Transformers, but theme to the 2017 Power Rangers? What about a full walkthrough based off The Walking Dead unless you already have Halloween Horror Nights plan out.

StevenU

Original Poster
A motion simulator dark ride like Spiderman & Transformers, but theme to the 2017 Power Rangers? What about a full walkthrough based off The Walking Dead unless you already have Halloween Horror Nights plan out.
I like your Power Rangers idea. Walking Dead would work better for Halloween though

Jtuck

A motion simulator dark ride like Spiderman & Transformers, but theme to the 2017 Power Rangers?

I also think a Power Rangers ride would be a great idea! Even though the movie didn't do all that well, the franchise is timeless enough where it would be an attraction that could last a good while. If I were designing this ride I would make it a simulator similar to StormRider/SeaRider in Tokyo where it would be a high capacity ride vehicle with many screens placed around the vehicle acting as windows. Like Star Tours an Alpha 5 animatronic would be sitting in the front of the vehicle and 'steering' you through the morphing grid and back out as you all become Rangers.
I would also make an interactive queue similar to Test Track 2.0 but instead of designing a car you would design your own Power Ranger. In the queue they would also take a picture of your face and after you exit the ride you could buy a short video that would be put onto your phone of you morphing into the Ranger you designed.

Twilight_Roxas

I also think a Power Rangers ride would be a great idea! Even though the movie didn't do all that well, the franchise is timeless enough where it would be an attraction that could last a good while. If I were designing this ride I would make it a simulator similar to StormRider/SeaRider in Tokyo where it would be a high capacity ride vehicle with many screens placed around the vehicle acting as windows. Like Star Tours an Alpha 5 animatronic would be sitting in the front of the vehicle and 'steering' you through the morphing grid and back out as you all become Rangers.
I would also make an interactive queue similar to Test Track 2.0 but instead of designing a car you would design your own Power Ranger. In the queue they would also take a picture of your face and after you exit the ride you could buy a short video that would be put onto your phone of you morphing into the Ranger you designed.
The Power Rangers attraction is more like Transformers the Ride, and is set during the climatic part with the Rangers in Zords battling the putties & Goldar were the Zords become the megazord.

Why is everyone thinking about using Power Rangers? Universal doesn't even have any rights to use any Lionsgate IPs like Hunger Games.
So? Its call brainstorming.

Jtuck

Why is everyone thinking about using Power Rangers? Universal doesn't even have any rights to use any Lionsgate IPs like Hunger Games.

Well I was under the impression that in this 3rd park Universal could license new properties to use in their park? I mean Warner Brothers owns Harry Potter and made the last Kong film and Universal still uses them, also Universal doesn't own Marvel and theres a whole land dedicated to that. Another example of parks using a property they don't own is Pandora and TOT

Suchomimus

Well I was under the impression that in this 3rd park Universal could license new properties to use in their park? I mean Warner Brothers owns Harry Potter and made the last Kong film and Universal still uses them, also Universal doesn't own Marvel and theres a whole land dedicated to that. Another example of parks using a property they don't own is Pandora and TOT
But Universal hasn't used any Lionsgate IPs and they don't need to. And about Marvel, they (NBCUniversal) can still have Marvel at their parks if it's already been there before Disney got their hands bought Marvel since Uni does have some Marvel movies to its name, and the Marvel Superhero Island is based; more or less; than the movies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom