Boy, 16, found dead at Disney World resort

Status
Not open for further replies.

TURKEY

I feel bad for the family, but actually isn't this a pretty good thing?

Maybe, but it's going to cost a great deal to ship the body back to Canada if that is what they decide to do.

It's a huge expense shipping across country. I'm sure internationally is more even if it's just Canada.

Wonder if it was a charity trip and if they would pay for that cost or if Disney might pick it up.

majorrfb

Totally Agree!

I agree with you. I certainly could not bear the thought of one of my kids dying but if were in the same position as that young man's parents and I had to choose a way for him to go, in his sleep at a Disney resort after a fun day at the parks would top the list.

The loss of a child is devastating for all parents. Having experienced this sad situation many years ago, if this were my child's dream vacation and end, we would most certainly grant that wish and cherish the memory.

Tinkyroo

Very very sad. I do agree though that is the best way to go.

Do you think they will release what section of the resort or the room this happened? I will be staying there soon. I think it might creep me out laying in bed thinking there was a dead person laying there before me. Or do they replace the bed/sheets with new ones when this sort of thing happens?

calicommando

Very very sad. I do agree though that is the best way to go.

Do you think they will release what section of the resort or the room this happened? I will be staying there soon. I think it might creep me out laying in bed thinking there was a dead person laying there before me. Or do they replace the bed/sheets with new ones when this sort of thing happens?

Nope! Same sheets. . .

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
Disneyland is the Happiest Place on Earth. Walt Disney World is The Place Where Dreams Come True.
Very sad indeed. This is the 4th death in 3 months.

Why are you grouping this with the other deaths that have happened. This was completely in a different realm and situation. Please don't start sounding like the Orlando Sentinel

HMF

Why are you grouping this with the other deaths that have happened. This was completely in a different realm and situation. Please don't start sounding like the Orlando Sentinel
I am not as this has nothing to do with Park Ops.

Tinkyroo

In case anyone is curious - I just called the resort and they said the mattress and all bedding was pulled out of the room, thrown out and replaced with a new mattress and complete bedding.

I too feel so bad for the parents. At least they have a magical last memory of their son at the greatest place on earth.

In case anyone is curious - I just called the resort and they said the mattress and all bedding was pulled out of the room, thrown out and replaced with a new mattress and complete bedding.
:fork:

You're actually having a laugh???

I have to say that that is one of the most disgraceful, insensitive and pathetic things i think i have ever heard.

Tinkyroo

You're actually having a laugh???

I have to say that that is one of the most disgraceful, insensitive and pathetic things i think i have ever heard.

I am confused here - I am not laughing. I think what happened was a very sad thing. :confused:

I will add that I have a special needs son as well, so no I was not laughing. It greatly saddens me whenever I hear of a child dieing. We should never have to bury our children.

I reread what I had posted and no part of that was I laughing. I stated how bad I felt for the parents and said it was very sad that this happened. I also asked if Disney replaces bedding if someone dies in one of their beds. Someone said no. So, I called the resort and they said that they already replaced everything. I then posted that information. I see nothing wrong with what I wrote. I do find it curious how anyone could see my posts as me having a laugh.

stitch & lilo

Too sad, however, I agree that if and when we all have to leave this realm, doing it from WDW sure sounds like the way to go. I am so saddened when a child dies, no one should ever have to bury their child.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
My thoughts go out to the family. I know this is going to sound bad but if I'm gonna go...it better be at Disney

T-1MILLION

I think it is interesting on a level of psychology to worry about being bothered by a bed someone may of died on to the extent of even wanting the matress to be changed when it is a hotel no less.

Drool, sexual fluids among who knows what else is there a nightly basis from the millions of guests who occupy it.

Just hope you never have to go to a hospital and lay on a medical bed if that is the kind of thing that creeps you out.

Kman

No matter how old he was he was still somebody's child, no parent should have to bury their child. My heart goes out to them :(

I can't believe that posts like this exist...disputing or discussing if age 16 is still considered a child??!! So far most of the posts for this topic have made assumtions that can't be proven and have ranged as far as arguing whether WDW or DL is the happiest place on earth- ridiculous! Who gives a crap about that? A 16 year old boy died- it doesn't matter where or how or under what circumstances- it is a tragedy plain and simple. The comments to this topic should have stopped a long time ago.

TinkRBell427

I can't believe that posts like this exist...disputing or discussing if age 16 is still considered a child??!! So far most of the posts for this topic have made assumtions that can't be proven and have ranged as far as arguing whether WDW or DL is the happiest place on earth- ridiculous! Who gives a crap about that? A 16 year old boy died- it doesn't matter where or how or under what circumstances- it is a tragedy plain and simple. The comments to this topic should have stopped a long time ago.

I can't believe bedding was brought up. I don't think I would have ever immediately thought that. I thought how tragic the news is and that I hope the family is doing okay. They are in my prayers.

pax_65

Just hope you never have to go to a hospital and lay on a medical bed if that is the kind of thing that creeps you out.

I don't think it's something people think about... or want to. Because if you start thinking about it, you WILL get creeped out. I saw an interview with Stephen King after he wrote the story "1408" about a haunted hotel room (made into a very spooky movie, BTW). He said that he enjoys writing about "normal" things that have spooky aspects to them, and a hotel room definitely applies because you have NO IDEA what took place in that room prior to you arriving there.

Regarding this poor 16-year-old who died, I have no idea on the specifics on this but I knew someone who had a terminally ill son (about 12 years old) who just wanted to go to Disney before he died. He was so happy when he arrived, a real peace came over him.

I hope this 16 year old felt a similar peace before he passed, that he got to experience the joy and happiness that we all feel at WDW and left this world on a very happy, magical note. Perhaps this will give his parents some small degree of comfort (as I can't even begin to imagine the pain they must be experiencing tonight). My prayers are with them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom