Boy, 16, found dead at Disney World resort

Status
Not open for further replies.

disfan411

Original Poster
From the orlando sentinel

A 16-year-old Canadian boy was found dead in a Walt Disney World resort hotel room, according to Orange County Sheriff's Office.

The Sheriff's Office was notified around 9:37 a.m. that a family member found the teen unresponsive at the Port Orleans Resort - Riverside. Officials said the teen had an "extensive" medical history.

"The Sheriff's Office is conducting a routine death investigation," spokesman Jim Solomons said. "At this time there appears to be no signs of foul play and that the youngster's passing is related to his medical issues.

The teen was at the resort with his mother, father and at least one sibling, Solomons said.

Members of the Sheriff's forensic unit and the homicide squad are responding to the scene, Solomons said.

It was unclear how the teen died.

The death appears to be natural, said Bo Jones, Deputy Fire Chief, Reedy Creek Emergency Services, though he stressed that the investigation was preliminary.

He said the boy had some "significant" medical conditions. He said he could not be more specific.

"He had some preexisting conditions and appears to have passed away in his sleep."

Check back for updates.

GrumpyFan

Wow! How tragic! Prayers for the family! Hopefully they were able to enjoy some happy times with their son prior to this happening.

montyz81

Take comfort that the boy probably had a smile on his face when he died. He was probably brought there because he was most likely never going to get the chance again!

WDWFigment

Terrible to hear. Although we can (hopefully) take a little solace in what montyz81 says. Hopefully he was happy.

a2grafix

The teenager's last wish was likely to visit WDW and he died in the happiest place on earth. A lot of charitable organizations grant wishes, and this was one of them, likely

sleepybear

It just breaks my heart everytime I read something like this. It's a tragedy when there's such sadness at the happiest place on earth.

hrcollectibles

Very sad.. My Prayers go out to the family.. Just goes to show you that just because you are at Disney, doesn't mean reality cannot rear its head. I just hope this won't be linked to the child riding a ride that aggravated any medical conditions

HMF

It just breaks my heart everytime I read something like this. It's a tragedy when there's such sadness at the happiest place on earth.
Disneyland is the Happiest Place on Earth. Walt Disney World is The Place Where Dreams Come True.
Very sad indeed. This is the 4th death in 3 months.

_Scar

Disneyland is the Happiest Place on Earth. Walt Disney World is The Place Where Dreams Come True.
Very sad indeed. This is the 4th death in 3 months.

I think most people don't know the difference. We all know WDW is way more happier than DL. :lol::animwink:

Glad to know he died with no foul play and a place where he wanted to be. Sad but heart warming.

Brian_B

Looks like they're going to have to come up with a "green ticket" version of the resort experience...

...too soon? :lookaroun

uklad79

It's awful he died but it seems like it could have been expected that he wasn't going to have a long life. With that in mind it is nice in away that he died in his sleep after hopefully having a dream vaction. If he died having a great time then in my eyes that is much better than dieing in a hospital with your body full of tubes.

May he rest in peace.

durangojim

I feel bad for the family, but actually isn't this a pretty good thing?
Let's assume that the becuase the child had an extensive medical history, his family knew he wasn't long of this earth. Now, would you rather have your child pass away in a hospital after being hospitalized for said conditions, or while on vacation in his sleep where I'm guessing everyone was having a good time and enjoying themselves. I can't bear the thought of one of my kids passing away, but if they were, I'd sure want it to be during a happy time rather than a melancholy experience. I'm sure it doesn't diminish the greif his family feels but hopefully they can take some confort knowing he was enjoying himself.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I feel bad for the family, but actually isn't this a pretty good thing?
Let's assume that the becuase the child had an extensive medical history, his family knew he wasn't long of this earth. Now, would you rather have your child pass away in a hospital after being hospitalized for said conditions, or while on vacation in his sleep where I'm guessing everyone was having a good time and enjoying themselves. I can't bear the thought of one of my kids passing away, but if they were, I'd sure want it to be during a happy time rather than a melancholy experience. I'm sure it doesn't diminish the greif his family feels but hopefully they can take some confort knowing he was enjoying himself.
I agree with you. I certainly could not bear the thought of one of my kids dying but if were in the same position as that young man's parents and I had to choose a way for him to go, in his sleep at a Disney resort after a fun day at the parks would top the list.

kingslyZISSOU

As bad as this seems, I honestly can't think of a better way to die. Asleep in a wonderful resort, on a disney world vacation. Sounds peaceful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom