Boston marathon

real mad hatter

It's 10.10pm here in UK..Just watching Fox News..and watching live video of the marathon at the end..What a crazy world we live in..I just pray that it's not as bad as it could have been..Confirmed 2 dead and 23 injured..

Mr mom

oh man, my prayers for all down in Boston, 96 runners and their families down there from my area, praying just praying

dave&di

Is it wrong to want to turn off all media resources, pull your curtains, lock your doors and shut off from these despicable acts? Reality can be too much sometimes can't it. Sometimes I don't want to know how evil humans can be. Having grown up in London during the 80's these events make my blood run cold, it's nearly 10:30pm here and I need to sleep, won't be sweet dreams though.

Keep safe guys, don't let these b@£tards beat you, although that words too good for them. Hug your families a little tighter tonight. Xoxox

real mad hatter

Is it wrong to want to turn off all media resources, pull your curtains, lock your doors and shut off from these despicable acts? Reality can be too much sometimes can't it. Sometimes I don't want to know how evil humans can be. Having grown up in London during the 80's these events make my blood run cold, it's nearly 10:30pm here and I need to sleep, won't be sweet dreams though.

Keep safe guys, don't let these b@£tards beat you, although that words too good for them. Hug your families a little tighter tonight. Xoxox
. Me also Di..Sad end to a day..

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
When one of the bombs went off at the finish line, you see one of the runners cripple over then fall. Shrapnel, glass, debris or whatever from the bomb etc went out and got him. After I saw that, I looked at the ticker on the finish line. It was around my slow time for a full. Your heart sinks a little putting yourself right where this guy was, just minding his own business running his race.

and of course the bystanders supporting.

Sad.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Surprisingly the world is safer and less violent now than any time in human history. It can be hard to believe with our current 24 hour news cycle pumping out death and destruction, but the data shows we live in a very safe world.

dave&di

Surprisingly the world is safer and less violent now than any time in human history. It can be hard to believe with our current 24 hour news cycle pumping out death and destruction, but the data shows we live in a very safe world.
I know you're right, unfortunately it does make me feel vunerable though.

dave&di

Pictures from the scene.

WARNING!!!!

Many of these are not easy to look at.

http://galleries.apps.chicagotribune.com/chi-130415-boston-marathon-explosion-pictures/
I can't look, I've heard enough descriptions! This is not an attack at you MY but why must 'graphic' photos and footage be shown? Personally me as an individual will not learn anything from seeing these things. My newspapers will be on my doorstep in the morning, I will turn the pages as quickly as I can!

dreamfinder

Thoughts go out to anyone who was in the area today, and all the displaced runners and residents. I work about 7 miles from the finish, heard all the sirens rushing in, and passed a large number of state police rushing in as I was heading home. Hopefully no members from here were around the finish at that time.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I can't look, I've heard enough descriptions! This is not an attack at you MY but why must 'graphic' photos and footage be shown? Personally me as an individual will not learn anything from seeing these things. My newspapers will be on my doorstep in the morning, I will turn the pages as quickly as I can!
Because in reality there is more hope than horror in those pictures. Seems like there are 4-5 people rushing toward the danger to help every person that is hurt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom