Boma vs. Sanaa

fmingo36

Original Poster
Need some help deciding which restaurant to eat at.

We will be traveling as a party of 10 including 3 children under the age of 10. We are staying off property and want to have one fun Disney Meal. I have never been to either restaurant; I hear such wonderful things about BOMA but I thought the kids would love the experience of Sanaa and getting to see the animals when we eat.
(For those that have eaten at Sanaa-how active ARE the animals at 7:00PM???)

Thanks for you input!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Boma is a buffet, so there is some flexibility in what you can eat. Boma is also very large, busy, and loud.

Sanaa is the opposite. Small, quiet and closer to a signature restaurant.

I have been to Sanaa when the animals are very active, and I have also been when I have seen nothing. So it could go either way.

Both are fantastic - you can't go wrong with either. I would decide more on whether you want a buffet or not.

If you did Boma, you could go to the Savannah overlook to see the animals before or after dinner.

HouCuseChickie

We've eaten at both. I think some of it just boils down to personal preferences. We were a little disappointed with Boma, but loved Sanaa. We only had average animal viewing at Sanaa, but it was really the food that brought us back for a 2nd meal.

durangojim

We used to love Boma, but the last time we ate there our server was really slow (for drinks, plus my wife has an allergy and it took 25 mins for the chef to come out). Also that night they didn't have the ribs which are great. All in all we were disappointed. This year we're going to try Sanaa.

jpittore1

With 10 people Boma may be the easiest selection...plus they have children food ( chicken nuggets, Mac & cheese, noodles) on the buffet. The soups are fantastic, make sure you try each one even if you're not sure of the combination. If you have the ability to choose the night, hopefully someone will state what night is rib night- I can't remember.

At night at the Jambo house (where Boma is located), they have a fire pit with rocking chairs by the Savannah, plus there is a CM at times by the animal lookout with night vision goggles for night time viewing.

We enjoy both restaurants, you can't make a wrong choice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom