BOG-Kids menu

TaleAsOldAsTimeBB

Original Poster
Hi has anyone tried ordering off the kids menu at Be Our Guest for an adult? I like the smaller portions and was wondering! :) Thanks all!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
For breakfast or lunch it is quick service ordering from a kiosk, so nobody is going to know who it is for.

At dinner it is table service, so you would be ordering from the server.

French Quarter

If you are on the dining plan, it likely wouldn't be a problem. However, they will still charge you an adult credit regardless. If you are paying out of pocket, I have no idea how that would work. (And I'm talking about dinner TS here.)

Weather_Lady

As others said, for counter-service, anything goes.

I've read that for table service, it depends on the particular restaurant/server, but that typically, you can order off of the children's menu as an adult -- BUT you will most likely be getting an "adult" portion of the dish, and will be charged a higher price, which would defeat the purpose if the goal is to reduce portion size.

An alternative I often employ when paying out of pocket is to order an appetizer and/or a side salad as my meal, rather than an entire entree. Also, if you have children, you might consider seeing if there's something on the adult menu one of them would like: on a couple of occasions my son (now 9) and I have switched meals after they arrive at the table, so that I can have my kid-sized portion of grilled chicken, while my tall, skinny growing boy chows down on my grown-up sized meal.

French Quarter

An alternative I often employ when paying out of pocket is to order an appetizer and/or a side salad as my meal, rather than an entire entree. Also, if you have children, you might consider seeing if there's something on the adult menu one of them would like: on a couple of occasions my son (now 9) and I have switched meals after they arrive at the table, so that I can have my kid-sized portion of grilled chicken, while my tall, skinny growing boy chows down on my grown-up sized meal.

This is a great idea. We do this too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom