Body Wars 2016 Update

Soarin' Over Pgh

Now is as relevant a time as any to launch a new Body Wars...and, since they can't do anything without an IP it seems- use Inside Out.

Don't even care how many money it made (a lot) but the theme and characters are so well thought out and...important, there should be something worthwhile based on them*. They could even tout the old "education/entertainment" line again.

*Without gutting Imagination and booting Figment. Ipcot needs more rides... not redos.

Uncle Lupe

I always find it interesting that Star Tours at DHS opened 2 months after Body Wars. I can only imagine if this message board was around all the complaints there would have been because Disney was building two new rides using the same ride system. People have gone nuts over less around here.
Thread-- Disney Walmarts experience with the same simulator.

raven

Oh, I really thought I saw a simulator there. I guess it was my imagination, but I really wanted to think one was still there. (Any chance they're putting in new ones? It's doubtful but maybe!)

No. I believe that section of the building has now been re-zoned for convention use only.

raven

What ever happened to this "Selective Demolition" That was supposed to happen in 2012? Or has it happened yet?
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/imagineers-set-to-demo-part-of-wol-pavilion.849943/
Everything is pretty much stripped down except for the main auditorium of Cranium Command. If they aren't planning to use a certain area of the building then they just leave it alone. But I believe even the old computers that controlled the 3 theatres in the center of the done have all gone now too. About 5 years ago they were still there along with all of the audio playback systems and some lighting odds and ends.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
About 5 years ago they were still there along with all of the audio playback systems and some lighting odds and ends.

They certainly were. Then over time reusable /eBay items would go like projection equipment and speakers. The 18” racks would slowly look more empty. Anything propietory was left.

For a while even the entire area BGM collection was still in the CD players.

BMoo

This didn't get answered before but does anyone know if they ever removed the doors and walled off the entrance to the simulators? Originally, the doors were still in place and just had duct tape over them. But I believe they had to build shaft walls as a code requirement to use the area as storage.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This didn't get answered before but does anyone know if they ever removed the doors and walled off the entrance to the simulators? Originally, the doors were still in place and just had duct tape over them. But I believe they had to build shaft walls as a code requirement to use the area as storage.
Last I knew they were still in place but sealed.

Though this isn't an observation from this year.

RSoxNo1

Wild Arctic at Sea World is a lot like this. It's pretty rough and showing it's age.
The only thing worse than Wild Arctic is the Polar Express overlay on Wild Arctic. Truly an awful attraction. However, the interior animal viewing that follows it is fantastic.

raven

I wasn't a big WOL fan back in the day. I did BW a couple times but none of the other attractions in there. I did like the MetLife Snoopy blimp flying around inside though. My focus was always pulled next door, Horizons. RIP

NovaCiteJourneys

Original Poster
I wasn't a big WOL fan back in the day. I did BW a couple times but none of the other attractions in there. I did like the MetLife Snoopy blimp flying around inside though. My focus was always pulled next door, Horizons. RIP
Horizons?........ That may be one of the biggest tragedies of all time when we lost that one. Even my name is supposed to be a Horizons reference.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom