Body Wars 2016 Update

MouseBrayden

Buzzy is probably still there, and that Body Wars picture is probably fake, because there is a simulator still there.
That photo is definitely real. Go look at the patents and blueprints for the ATLAS simulators, the room shape matches the drawings exactly. No way is it fake. Clearly one simulator is gone. Why are you so certain there is at least one still intact?

NovaCiteJourneys

Original Poster
That photo is definitely real. Go look at the patents and blueprints for the ATLAS simulators, the room shape matches the drawings exactly. No way is it fake. Clearly one simulator is gone. Why are you so certain there is at least one still intact?
Because I know, you have to trust me on this one.

Mickey5150

I personally like that Wonders of Life has been turned into the festival center. I go to WDW specifically for the Epcot festivals and I have spent a lot of time in the Festival Center. Now if they wanted to build an even bigger and better festival center and put rides back in Wonders of Life, I be pretty ok with that as well.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Mr Trump, is that you? ;)

Question- since I've never experienced Body Wars personally. Is it (err, was it) the same type of simulator used for Star Tours??
Identical. Cabin interior was very similar too, minus a droid.

The Body Wars motion was rougher than Star Tours, and programmed to feel more "in fluid" than "in space" which led to more nausea issues.

image.png

raven

Time Stamp? What, the time I posted them?
This:
If you take a picture with a phone and some cameras the date the picture was taken can be embded in the file.
Even if someone else posted the photos you took they can be traced back to your device with the IP address, time and location the photo was taken. It's embedded on all camera phones.

I am the one who took those photos but posted them after I left the company. The simulators are indeed completely gone. I took the photo from the room where the simulators were operated (near the queue) which had a window looking into 2 separate bays. But I was with a team of people who cleaned up inside of all 4 bays once the simulators were gone.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Identical. Cabin interior was very similar too, minus a droid.

The Body Wars motion was rougher than Star Tours, and programmed to feel more "in fluid" than "in space" which led to more nausea issues.

View attachment 154329

So it was supposed to be rougher! Interesting.

I can only hope the Custodial Artists got hazard pay for cleaning up the ride exit and surrounding trash cans. :grumpy::depressed:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
that Body Wars picture is probably fake, because there is a simulator still there.

The simulators are indeed completely gone. I took the photo from the room where the simulators were operated (near the queue) which had a window looking into 2 separate bays. But I was with a team of people who cleaned up inside of all 4 bays once the simulators were gone.

Now we know.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So it was supposed to be rougher! Interesting.

I can only hope the Custodial Artists got hazard pay for cleaning up the ride exit and surrounding trash cans. :grumpy::depressed:
The best way to describe it is in Star Tours when there is minimal motion, Body Wars would have a constant rocking back and forth motion as if in fluid. Think of it like an anchored boat in a moderate swell.

NovaCiteJourneys

Original Poster
This:

Even if someone else posted the photos you took they can be traced back to your device with the IP address, time and location the photo was taken. It's embedded on all camera phones.

I am the one who took those photos but posted them after I left the company. The simulators are indeed completely gone. I took the photo from the room where the simulators were operated (near the queue) which had a window looking into 2 separate bays. But I was with a team of people who cleaned up inside of all 4 bays once the simulators were gone.
Oh, I really thought I saw a simulator there. I guess it was my imagination, but I really wanted to think one was still there. (Any chance they're putting in new ones? It's doubtful but maybe!)

mimitchi33

I went to Disney before it closed and never even knew it was there. Instead, I had to waste 40 minutes waiting in line to ride Figment cause I liked it so dang much....(facepalm)
I think they should do an update of this with Inside Out, like what they did with The Living Seas.

Next Big Thing

The best way to describe it is in Star Tours when there is minimal motion, Body Wars would have a constant rocking back and forth motion as if in fluid. Think of it like an anchored boat in a moderate swell.
Wild Arctic at Sea World is a lot like this. It's pretty rough and showing it's age.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I remember the time CM's at Disneyland Paris secretly recorded backstage footage of where the characters were at. They were doing things that were a big no no for Disney and I heard all of them featured in the video including the person who recorded it were all fired after it gained more attention.

Even if you're not a cast member, members of the general public have been banned for life from Disney for going to (and filming) places that are closed/off limits to the public. I could list several people who have been banned for life from Disney for going into (and filming) River Country and posting the videos on YouTube after that park closed. Granted several of them had the ban lifted after a year or so, but there is always the chance Disney could be less lenient in the future (and personally, even a one year ban from Disney would be pretty tough for me).

BMoo

I can also confirm that all the simulators were taken out of the space, as I surveyed the Body Wars attraction area within the last two years.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom